Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
The problem is if you want to make Spectres a thing you have to bring around alot of support gems or you have a sub-optimized minion link setup for a Spectre.

Well of course!

Since I'm using melee spectres, they're sharing a 6-link with my zombies, so I have effectively 2 5-links. Considering I'm using midnight bargain and a shield for NA, that's pretty good.

But if the game tries to FORCE me to get different spectres (you know, by RNGesus fucking me in the ass for 5 maps straight) they will not only be sub-optimal, they'll be pretty damn crappy.

And last night I had a bugged precinct map that I crashed out of not once, but twice. After I had put about 4 chaos into it. First time I went in I had level 75 spectres. Second time I had level 68 spectres... you know, because there's some asshole out there who has a hardon for crippling summoners.

There was no third go, as I became totally fed-up and closed my client for the first time in 4 days.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
bump

JUSTICE FOR SPECTRES

#MakeSpectresGreatAgain
#MakeSpectresGreatAgain
#MakeSpectresGreatAgain

I wholly support this... maybe we need also mentioned in Reddit and the Skill Gem itself. Again.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I agree! bump for justice!
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
My theory as to why they don't want upscaled spectres and having to hunt for them... is honestly just them too attached to Diablo 2 nostalgia... Nobody liked that part.

Difference is who's the main damage dealer.

D2 Necro has skelly warriors. Revives are not the main damage dealer, and their use is even limited to some boss fight (like using the big belly demon for uber). The skellies can be raised by corpses of a monster from Blood Moor normal and still kick ass. They are like zombies on steroid in POE. Meanwhile, classic summoner more than often relies on tedious spectres for damage. If zombies in POE hit as hard, behave as smart as D2 skellies to the point spectres becomes default utility 4L (evangelist or the frenzy charge beast), we wouldn't have to complain much.

oh they do hit as hard ... just not nearly as fast and there aren’t as many of them

you can get zombies to hit very hard , it takes some doing and a dedicated setup but you can realistically get 10 - 11 zombies hitting for a combined damage point around 500k + single target. but that is mostly theoretical dps at best since it relies on

A: all the zombies hitting at the same time (hard to do vs a boss with any kind of mobility)
B: all the zombies have good accuracy (hard to pin down really)
C: all of the scalers you use are effective.. which is also hard to do since we have bosses like atziri which in point of fact have immunities

they are 10 - 11 sources of single target and they carry with them all of the downsides single target has in this game.

And ggg keeps on nerfing all the viable spectres which is another component of the issue. The current spectre situation would not be nearly as bad if it werent for the fact that the great majority of monsters in this game .. are not viable spectres.

for ranged spectres you need built in aoe AND you need damage .. but more importantly you need AI. you need AI that spams one attack and you need ai that spams that attack at long distances.

if you are missing even one of those things then the spectre is not competitive.
This is also why golems cant be good summons for the summoner because their ai and damage are both awful.

GGG needs to realize that all the effort they put into giving those golems multiple attack patterns .. is HURTING their viability as summons rather than helping. i dont want a fire golem firing fireballs one moment and then a flame wave the next. fucking pick one. i dont want a chaos golem with a dot aoe or a stat aoe ground-slam. i want one or i want the other because i cant scale both.

But that is a digression

Sadly giving the majority of monsters an ai overhaul is probably impossible, impossible because it would mean making said monsters much much more dangerous ( monster ai is built stupid on purpose for balance) but also because there are so many monsters that would need this treatment that ggg would be at it for years.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on May 31, 2016, 2:44:12 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

And ggg keeps on nerfing all the viable spectres which is another component of the issue. The current spectre situation would not be nearly as bad if it werent for the fact that the great majority of monsters in this game .. are not viable spectres.
What, you mean like the super awesome frenzy monkey? The one that just stands there and derps for 40% of the time?[/sarc]
"

for ranged spectres you need built in aoe AND you need damage .. but more importantly you need AI. you need AI that spams one attack and you need ai that spams that attack at long distances.
Which is why revenants and flame sentinels are the ruling class of spectre.
"

if you are missing even one of those things then the spectre is not competitive.
This is also why golems cant be good summons for the summoner because their ai and damage are both awful.
I dunno, I kinda like the fact that Ol' Stoney will go rolling offscreen to taunt mobs and then run back over to me, bringing them all behind... while i'm reading global in a quiet spot on the map.
"

GGG needs to realize that all the effort they put into giving those golems multiple attack patterns .. is HURTING their viability as summons rather than helping. i dont want a fire golem firing fireballs one moment and then a flame wave the next. fucking pick one. i dont want a chaos golem with a dot aoe or a stat aoe ground-slam. i want one or i want the other because i cant scale both.

That's a very good point that I hadn't even thought of.
"

But that is a digression

Sadly giving the majority of monsters an ai overhaul is probably impossible, impossible because it would mean making said monsters much much more dangerous ( monster ai is built stupid on purpose for balance) but also because there are so many monsters that would need this treatment that ggg would be at it for years.

So maybe they could just stop the nerfing and put some effort into thinking about summoners while act 5 monsters are in design and implementation phase. I'm hoping for a graveyard zone with mini-zones that represent each tileset... but that's a fucking pipe dream.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
+1 for upscaling specters with zone level. Should be easy to implement since there is a downscale at the moment.

For those saying it would have been done if it was so easy : why do I have to type /remaining when I'm doing a map instead of looking a displayed counter ?
It is just an exemple and you can find many others but this is not the topic.
+ 1
bermp
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info