Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
joachimbond wrote:

"
But there is also the possibility that devs never wanted people to select a specific spectre and run with it , rather they wanted a more pick up what you have handy and go type of vibe.
I don't know where you got that idea, but THAT'S FUCKING STUPID. That's like saying you should just pick up whatever skill gems are lying on the ground and socket them into your weapon.

No.
His point makes perfect sense.
Your answer would be what you just said.

You havea nice way of communicating with people.
You are aware that it does not increase the chances of your wished changes happening in the game anytime soon, right ?
If you would get one day of probation for every insult / inconvenant thing you threw in this thread, you would not be playing for a while lol.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 9, 2016, 6:52:26 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:

"
But there is also the possibility that devs never wanted people to select a specific spectre and run with it , rather they wanted a more pick up what you have handy and go type of vibe.
I don't know where you got that idea, but THAT'S FUCKING STUPID. That's like saying you should just pick up whatever skill gems are lying on the ground and socket them into your weapon.

No.

You are aware that it does not increase the chances of your wished changes happening in the game anytime soon, right ?
If you would get one day of probation for every insult / inconvenant thing you threw in this thread, you would not be playing for a while lol.

Well, to clarify , it *Made* sense . if i had made that statement about 2 years ago. or heck maybe right around open beta. i feel it would have ground because the pace of the game was much much slower not too mention it was much harder to get fully linked and optimal gem setup way back then. given those facts it would make perfect sense to have say a 4l specter with just minion life / damage and a changeable 4th gem.

But lets not be ignorant to the fact that those days are dead . and they are very very very dead. These days that kind of generalistic idea of being simply ok rather than good or even great ... wont fly. You will have every other build the world over running circles around you.

These days , building to a specific spectre is not only optimal.. it is by far the best way to use the gem. and frankly ggg really does need to acknowledge this shift in the winds and give the gem the Qol it needs.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

But lets not be ignorant to the fact that those days are dead . and they are very very very dead. These days that kind of generalistic idea of being simply ok rather than good or even great ... wont fly. You will have every other build the world over running circles around you.

These days , building to a specific spectre is not only optimal.. it is by far the best way to use the gem. and frankly ggg really does need to acknowledge this shift in the winds and give the gem the Qol it needs.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

=(

I also feel that people are too used to power creep and super fast cleaning and always want more to be honest.
You can find caster type or meele type or physical range type minion in every area right ? Some will be weaker than others, alright, we could see that as a drawback from specters.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 9, 2016, 8:02:43 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

You can find caster type or meele type or physical range type minion in every area right ? Some will be weaker than others, alright, we could see that as a drawback from specters.

You sir are HEAVILY sugar coating that.

The reality is that the vast majority of monsters in the game are designed not to be good spectres because if they were actually good spectres.. this game would be a shitload harder.

can you imagine this game if every mob constantly spammed their strongest attack.

no pauses to do some stupid animation, no random walking around before attacking , no arbitrarily short range ranged attacks no purposefully weak attacks . oh man that would be intense.

but i digress.

Regardless, the fact is that 95% of monsters in the game are not really all that usable as spectres because of their ai.

That is an immutable fact sadly
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 9, 2016, 9:17:41 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

You sir are HEAVILY sugar coating that.

The reality is that the vast majority of monsters in the game are designed not to be good spectres because if they were actually good spectres.. this game would be a shitload harder.

can you imagine this game if every mob constantly spammed their strongest attack.

no pauses to do some stupid animation, no random walking around before attacking , no arbitrarily short range ranged attacks no purposefully weak attacks . oh man that would be intense.

but i digress.

Regardless, the fact is that 95% of monsters in the game are not really all that usable as spectres because of their ai.

That is an immutable fact sadly

Yeah, that's true>
But what about the new mobs that they just added ? the one that do use particular skills ?
"
Fruz wrote:
But what about the new mobs that they just added ? the one that do use particular skills ?

We were probably wrong to expect wonders out of those, blast rain archers are just as stroll-happy as their normal cousins and molten orbs that goats use aren't much stronger than fireballs.

Not much changed in the spectre top ten, it's hard to match the power level of titty bitches on attacker side and sentinels/revenants on caster side.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
indeed , all you need do to figure out of a mob is good is this

1 do they have one attack that they spam?
2 does it have good aoe?
3 doe they use it at a decent range?
4 do they spend little to no time faffing about between attacks ?

5 if 1 -4 are no does the mob atleast have some usable ability / buff that can work with the ai?

its a pretty straightforward process but you can use it to effectively cull the crowd of crap to find the gems

in my case im option 5 since im using 3 frenzy monkeys with echo from act 2 too buff my zombies.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 9, 2016, 11:27:07 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:

"

No.

1. his point is shit. It's not like you're not going to re-summon over and over through the course of leveling up. Or haven't you played a summoner?

2. Politely asking for things that require effort is the best way to get ignored. You need to make noise about it, sometimes obnoxious noise, especially when the problem that needs to be addressed is an obnoxious problem (such as "oh no, you can't have the spectres your 3 off-color chest is set up for today, fuck off necro-boy").
"

So glad to have people judging me by my manner rather than the content and truth of my words.

Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
So glad to have people judging me by my manner rather than the content and truth of my words.

You should honestly have expected this.
It is not because GGG does not answer a thread / suggestion that they are not aware of it also, it might makes you feel that way, but I'm pretty positive they are aware of most ( if not all ) threads in this section.
Typical GGG methodology: Always punish the players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info