[2.3] Bleeding/Poison EQ Gladiator -- Budget, Tanky, Reflect Proof! -- T15 Core Down!

"
BigBun wrote:
Chest: EQ, less dur, conc/incr aoe, rapid decay, melee phys, fortify

I'm trying to decide what to use for my 6th link. I've been using Fortify with Shield Charge and I enjoy that playstyle so I don't want to use Fortify with EQ. I've contemplated putting in Inc. AOE to counter the AOE loss on CE. I have a Q20 gem so that would also add a bit of damage. I've seen other people use Melee Phys on Full Life but I don't know if that would be as constantly useful as Inc. AOE. Decisions, decisions...
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Well, I tweaked my flasks a bit.

Not sure if I've gone a good path, and I need to roll Warding on my Quicksilvers when I can get another... stupidly 20%'d the one I got in Act 1, and it's not high enough iLvl. Rip.

Jade, Roar and Basalt. I have 10.6k armour in Hideout, I have 38.7k with flasks up.
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
BigBun wrote:
Chest: EQ, less dur, conc/incr aoe, rapid decay, melee phys, fortify

I'm trying to decide what to use for my 6th link. I've been using Fortify with Shield Charge and I enjoy that playstyle so I don't want to use Fortify with EQ. I've contemplated putting in Inc. AOE to counter the AOE loss on CE. I have a Q20 gem so that would also add a bit of damage. I've seen other people use Melee Phys on Full Life but I don't know if that would be as constantly useful as Inc. AOE. Decisions, decisions...

I agree man! There is no good 6th link, thats why I've been saying 5link is good enough for this build (this build is so cost effective!!).

Melee damage on full life - very desirable but need ES (Aegis) so need to give up blood rage and frenzy charges. Trash clearing may suffer if cannot keep up frenzy charges but for boss fights definitely more useful gem.

Increased AOE - the damage increase is less than fortify and the AOE increase is not worth the 6link.

Hypothermia - this is desirable if we can slot in some chill somewhere, maybe in glove enchant or cwdt? - this was an option for Soul Taker - Aegis max block build that suffered from low dps.

Added fire damage - maybe just some straight dps increase is nice, doesn't fit our theme tho.

Ancestral Warchief as 6th link - this seems pretty good - totems get more damage, and also buffs you, and distracts enemies while bleeding and poisoning enemies. When the totems are alive and hitting, this is practically doubles your overall dps. I've seen many voidheart builds using warchief totems. Also good for some fights where you have to run around and dodge alot. Downside is more buttons to press.

I think I'm gonna try using Warchief totem for a bit, and put fortify with my shield charge - I'll see how it goes.

Edit: Warchief totem lasts a whopping 5.8 seconds... hard to press totem button so many times haha
Last edited by BigBun on Jun 28, 2016, 10:22:10 PM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Well I downed Uber Izaro at last, level 78 (wanted to make sure I got the bastard this time, so I levelled more than I originally intended).

Also got Death's Door to drop, so, all in all a pretty successful run.

Now sitting at 18.3k EQ Tooltip with all buffs up, and 75-80% physical mitigation on T10 with all buffs up (More like 60-70 for most situations) and I'm at 4.5k life. Not sure what I can improve, I'm always looking for help to upgrade.

Character sheet for my passive tree should be open; Character Ezomius.

Spoiler

(Currently trying to get either +1 Frenzy or +1 Curse on the Anvil, either is fine for me, but no luck so far. Move Speed isn't a terrible option though~)

For straight up Uber Izaro fights, you need about 6k health. I just face him and damage him until he is dead because of the life pool. With 4.5k you hit him and run around. When you run around, Izaro will not be able to hit you with any of his skills (he is very very slow).

Question about your tree tho, why do you go all the way to the right side? You spent about 11 dex nodes, I understand there are some good stuff near the Shadow area but can't you get similar stuff near our tree? Maybe your way is more efficient, maybe not - cannot say until I do a detailed tree comparison.

I think your flasks are good, sometimes I put in Atziri's promise for more dps, curse immune flasks, ruby/amethyst flask depending on situation - so you can choose.
"
BigBun wrote:
"
zeroonea wrote:
how to kill maligaro in t15?

Just did T15 core (magic map, no extra damage mods), no deaths. Maligaro goes down easy because he dies fast. Pop a chaos res flask otherwise your health goes down fast. I believe the traps can be killed and we have aoe so not a big problem. (We block alot of his attacks too.) After killing him I spam my life potions because my health is degening fast if I'm not leeching.

Just a thought on the Core boss fight tho - it's pretty comfortable until the last phase when Malachai spawns the red spinning degen circles that actively seek you out. Gotta fight the boss while actively moving out of the circle because the dot damage is the most dangerous thing for us. It's a little better for our build because we can hit him once and dodge while the bleed and poison does the damage, even more kiting in that phase and requires extra focus and coordination. The previous phases are okay and not so worriesome. I think what helped me the most is my attack speed and my leech, which kept me sustained and able to shield charge to dodge fast. I think it's because you often run out of flasks in long prolonged fights like this.

Probably any added damage mods Core rare maps or twinned Core is probably too much for our build. Our block and tanky department does well in other bosses but bosses with high degen/chaos damage is not very compatible. Same thing with Plaza boss, without leech you will likely run out of flasks and get into a hairy situation. So in conclusion, without high burst damage (like bladefall mines) or instant leech like CoC builds, Twinned Core and Uber Atziri is probably extremely dangerous for us and that is the limit of this build.

Just my two cents, gonna peace out now I'm done with the league, 40/40 still rank 2 gladiator in prophecy league, good luck to everyone.

can you post your images defensive and offensive please?
"
BigBun wrote:

For straight up Uber Izaro fights, you need about 6k health. I just face him and damage him until he is dead because of the life pool. With 4.5k you hit him and run around. When you run around, Izaro will not be able to hit you with any of his skills (he is very very slow).

Question about your tree tho, why do you go all the way to the right side? You spent about 11 dex nodes, I understand there are some good stuff near the Shadow area but can't you get similar stuff near our tree? Maybe your way is more efficient, maybe not - cannot say until I do a detailed tree comparison.

I think your flasks are good, sometimes I put in Atziri's promise for more dps, curse immune flasks, ruby/amethyst flask depending on situation - so you can choose.

Yeah I'd have definitely felt more comfortable with more HP. I very almost downed him at 72 when I had.. . 4.2k?ish. Literally, like 1-2 hits from winning. The screenshot is a couple pages ago, if you want to see how depressingly low his HP was haha.

I got a pretty good trap/bonus effect setup for my HP anyway, the blade sentry's buzzing around so I had to keep up movement a fair bit anyway, I'd destroyed the curse nodes and it was just the Elemental Explosion Idols which aren't a huge deal.

Dex, Int, the Flask+Life cluster I haven't picked up yet, a lot of DoT nodes and the Block Chance.

I was going to keep to the left side, but, I saw someone's variant here with the right-hand side additions and it appealed to me, especially as getting all the Int we need for 20/21 Vulnerability is honestly probably the hardest part about gearing in this build. Need a huge amount on gear, as it is I still have a major int node I'm not sure if I'll be able to spec out of. Later on it may be worth respeccing to the left path, but as it is I like not having to rely on top tier rare's so much.

Plus even if I got that Shield Node near the start area, I'd be 2% shy of Max Block without a +Block Anvil, which means I also couldn't go for Frenzy/Curse Anvil either... Which wouldn't be a huge deal, just, a minor annoyance.

Found your build around 2 weeks ago after i had just started a shield charge Duelist. Shield charge didn't really jive with me and i had played EQ before but this looked really interesting to me. So i bought i void heart and started in.

Amazingly fun, its a good clearing build strong and enough dps to not feel slow.

Here is my gear
Spoiler

Crafted the chest my self, not perfect but i'm still pretty happy with it.

and my tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBLMFLQaLCiYLYQz3DkMUIBRNFewYkRjbGlUblyDjIWAoKimlLiMvzDGeMk41kjboOuE8BTwtPfxAoEWpRmlGt0d-TUZN41BHVw1YY1qfXz9f2mEhYuxlTWa2Z5to8mzYbpd07XTxdqx5OXrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhVKK8ItPjM-TmZd5m2qezZ_LogCmV6cwqZWsr62Nrj6vbLc-uR27nryfvTa-eL6nwGbAv8GCxq7G2MqQzV_PftIh02_Yvdlh2XzaweRR6Ubp1eoY7dfvDu988B_yQfJF8pzzm_ZI9zL3vvxL_gr-jw==?accountName=Hobben&characterName=HobSomething

Ill be picking up that jewel socket once i hit 90. Not sure ill actually level past that but i plan on finishing out more challenges, Uber lab runs, etc after that.

I'm really happy with the character i sometimes question outlast and outmatch and keeping frenzy charges up during bosses is basically impossible. But can see where the other two options might not be any better.

I've done a handful of red maps, village run boss put me in my place but outside of that no issues at all. Running 3-4 key uber labs and not caring.

I've got around 6ex saved up from selling stuff from my first build i ran this league. I know i can get more dmg from flat phys on my neck and ring but that starts the snowball of rearranging resists and that darn vulnerability int requirement. Once im back from a vacation next week ill dig back into it see if i can get core maybe uber aztiri ready?

what does everyone think?

Hob

"

Knockback Setup: CWDT (lv1) + Blade Vortex + Knockback + Increased Duration

does it work for boss?
"
zeroonea wrote:

does it work for boss?

Depends on if the boss is immune to knockback. For example, Atziri is immune to knockback
"
zeroonea wrote:
"
BigBun wrote:
"
zeroonea wrote:
how to kill maligaro in t15?

can you post your images defensive and offensive please?

Defense(unbuffed)

With the Lion's flask armour is about 21k

Offense(unbuffed)

Offense(buffed)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info