[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

"
Therms wrote:
_Tiem are you using the Juggernaut variation of this build? If so, would you mind posting your stats and maybe gear? I'm curious about how it compares to the Berserker.

Yes I'm using Juggernaut but the build is my own creation, adopting Atizir's Disfavour from OP. It's a dual curse set up using a corrupted +1 to curse amulet.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

The most notable difference is dropping Unbreakable for Unyeilding. Since we're heavy duty tanks, stuns aren't much of an issue. And if you want near stun immunity, just get the 80% chance to avoid stuns on your boots (I still feel the 2% regen to life and mana is still the best enchantment however).

The links to EQ and Leap Slam or negotiable as are the curses, the latter of which is the benefit of the build. You can tailor them for the challenges ahead. Tough boss? Use Enfeeble. Need more leech, drop in Warlord's Mark. For the most part however, I run Vulnerability and Punishment.

With that said, the curses only bring flavor. The build is capable of taking on T15 without them. It was important not to offload too much into curses. I could have dropped Hematophagy and always run WM for the leech but that meant struggling on maps that had the Hexproof mod by having to swap out a gem for LL on my EQ setup, which means further losing DPS. Right now the build is capable of doing everything but Blood Magic and Reflect Physical. For elemental reflect, I swap out Added Fire and WP Elemental from the links, replacing them with Fortify and LL (or whatever you wish). Running EC on Melee Stun in lieu of LL is also a great set up as that ensures 100% uptime of ECs and Fortify. You can then not worry about leaping every 6 seconds onto a target.

Using Fortify on Leap Slam is the most efficient use of it, but that requires a constant leapfrog play-style that can be a bit tiresome.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
robin_nerf wrote:
Any recomendation of enchants on gear that is obvious better then others ?
I know that best enchant on a helm is EQ Duration/Damage/Radius.

EDIT : Btw I just finished Uber lab today and got 2 extra ascendancy points and put it on the War Cry duration-skills, but I dont notice any difference in War Cry Duration as it says? I guess it means longer uptime on Enduring Cry ?

For enchants you wan the reduced EQ duration on the helm, should you get one of the others its fine until you get the GG one.

For the Gloves I like "Commandment of Spite":

"Releases a nova of projectiles based on your weapon, leaving chilling ground in their wake."

Really good defensive imo since it slows down enemies.

In my boots I run life and mana leech if killed recently.
You can also run avoid stun, life & mana reg. or attack & cast speed.
Choice is urs. :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
"
Therms wrote:
_Tiem are you using the Juggernaut variation of this build? If so, would you mind posting your stats and maybe gear? I'm curious about how it compares to the Berserker.

Yes I'm using Juggernaut but the build is my own creation, adopting Atizir's Disfavour from OP. It's a dual curse set up using a corrupted +1 to curse amulet.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

The most notable difference is dropping Unbreakable for Unyeilding. Since we're heavy duty tanks, stuns aren't much of an issue. And if you want near stun immunity, just get the 80% chance to avoid stuns on your boots (I still feel the 2% regen to life and mana is still the best enchantment however).

The links to EQ and Leap Slam or negotiable as are the curses, the latter of which is the benefit of the build. You can tailor them for the challenges ahead. Tough boss? Use Enfeeble. Need more leech, drop in Warlord's Mark. For the most part however, I run Vulnerability and Punishment.

With that said, the curses only bring flavor. The build is capable of taking on T15 without them. It was important not to offload too much into curses. I could have dropped Hematophagy and always run WM for the leech but that meant struggling on maps that had the Hexproof mod by having to swap out a gem for LL on my EQ setup, which means further losing DPS. Right now the build is capable of doing everything but Blood Magic and Reflect Physical. For elemental reflect, I swap out Added Fire and WP Elemental from the links, replacing them with Fortify and LL (or whatever you wish). Running EC on Melee Stun in lieu of LL is also a great set up as that ensures 100% uptime of ECs and Fortify. You can then not worry about leaping every 6 seconds onto a target.

Using Fortify on Leap Slam is the most efficient use of it, but that requires a constant leapfrog play-style that can be a bit tiresome.

Thanks for posting!
if i wanted to farm atziri would i go zerker or another ascendancy?
I wanted your thoughts on a few items pertaining to EQ build.

I am running a duelist and at your advice, went for the ascendancy as you recommended... I am curious though, when NOT playing berserker you wont be able to generate endurance charges on boss fights... Well, not efficiently anyways.

So I have been playing around with a build that doesnt even use endurance charges but instead just uses immortal call on a CWDT gem, combined with enfeeble and stone golem. So when I get hit, become invulnerable to phys damage for like half a second (enough to hit something and regen to full b/c slayer life leech) and then I have golem that helps "tank" as well as Enfeeble (like you have).

Before I was running 7 End Charges and it was GREAT versus mobs but couldnt do anything against bosses until I had up 3-4 minimum which took 15 seconds to get.

Also, I have a 5L Atziri's Disfavour Vaal Axe, and the Voidheart ring, which has a (nerfed )~39% chance to poison and bleed (already on axe though).

So I do some pretty decent DoT effects for bosses with poison/bleed there... I am lvl 87 with just shy of 8k life atm. Havnt tried uber labs yet, but can do any tier map pretty easily.... Farming ~tier 10 seems to be efficient from a clear speed / exp gained etc.

So my questions:
- Am I wasting time by going Voidheart? I lose HP from the ring, and also lose resistances...

- Should I still be going for End Charges with no way to auto-generate from my Ascendancy like berserker can? I was having to use Enduring Cry to generate them? I was also kicking around the idea of ditching Immortal call, and just using Enduring on CWDT to generate them that way, so I dont have to waste cast time to generate them?

Just trying to figure out optimal stats... With "Conc Effect" in my Axe instead of Inc AOE I can break 50k DPS on EQ, but I suspect its MUCH higher because of bleed+poison + I do have Jewels with Inc DOT damage too....

I wonder about Immortal Call's effect though... without End Charges up... it doesnt last long. It makes me wonder if just stacking End Charges and using Increased Duration would be better?

Thanks for your help! :)

Oh and this is my build right now:
Spoiler

Oh! And what do you think about Devoto's helm? Worth giving up resistances/melee damage for the run speed? Ive got a 20% reduced EQ atm and working on the 30% once I get 1 more lvl ill do uber labs... But what helm do I want to enchant?
Last edited by clinx1337 on Sep 19, 2016, 8:08:53 PM
"
Ragnar0kkr wrote:
if i wanted to farm atziri would i go zerker or another ascendancy?

I feel like Berserker would be the best IMO cuz of its raw dmg. + you can down bosses before they can really do anything back to you abd you allways have life / mana leech and warcries with a very short cooldown that also recover 25% of life & mana instandly!

"
clinx1337 wrote:
I wanted your thoughts on a few items pertaining to EQ build.

I am running a duelist and at your advice, went for the ascendancy as you recommended... I am curious though, when NOT playing berserker you wont be able to generate endurance charges on boss fights... Well, not efficiently anyways.

So I have been playing around with a build that doesnt even use endurance charges but instead just uses immortal call on a CWDT gem, combined with enfeeble and stone golem. So when I get hit, become invulnerable to phys damage for like half a second (enough to hit something and regen to full b/c slayer life leech) and then I have golem that helps "tank" as well as Enfeeble (like you have).

Before I was running 7 End Charges and it was GREAT versus mobs but couldnt do anything against bosses until I had up 3-4 minimum which took 15 seconds to get.

Also, I have a 5L Atziri's Disfavour Vaal Axe, and the Voidheart ring, which has a (nerfed )~39% chance to poison and bleed (already on axe though).

So I do some pretty decent DoT effects for bosses with poison/bleed there... I am lvl 87 with just shy of 8k life atm. Havnt tried uber labs yet, but can do any tier map pretty easily.... Farming ~tier 10 seems to be efficient from a clear speed / exp gained etc.

So my questions:
- Am I wasting time by going Voidheart? I lose HP from the ring, and also lose resistances...

- Should I still be going for End Charges with no way to auto-generate from my Ascendancy like berserker can? I was having to use Enduring Cry to generate them? I was also kicking around the idea of ditching Immortal call, and just using Enduring on CWDT to generate them that way, so I dont have to waste cast time to generate them?

Just trying to figure out optimal stats... With "Conc Effect" in my Axe instead of Inc AOE I can break 50k DPS on EQ, but I suspect its MUCH higher because of bleed+poison + I do have Jewels with Inc DOT damage too....

I wonder about Immortal Call's effect though... without End Charges up... it doesnt last long. It makes me wonder if just stacking End Charges and using Increased Duration would be better?

Thanks for your help! :)

Oh and this is my build right now:
Spoiler

Oh! And what do you think about Devoto's helm? Worth giving up resistances/melee damage for the run speed? Ive got a 20% reduced EQ atm and working on the 30% once I get 1 more lvl ill do uber labs... But what helm do I want to enchant?

To answere ur questions right away:

1. Yes, IMO the new voidheart isnt worth it anymore cuz you dont proc poison relyable anymore. I would try to get a steel ring similar to this one instead

and go ham with raw dmg. (Warning! Rings like these are expensive!)

2. Yes, you will have to generate end.charges manually, sadly.
But with more play time you will know when to use/need charges and when you dont.
Also CWDT + End.Cry does NOT work! It used to, but doesnt anymore since its not a spell anymore. Its a warcry.

3. Immortal Call w/o end.charges up indeed doesnt last long but prefents you from stunlocks that could happen if ur being too careless or taking too much burst dmg. from multiple exploding Porcupines for example.
Going for Enduring Cry and learning how to properly play with it gives you 7 end.charges all the time and therefore allways a 28% flat phys mitigration which is alot! This combined with ur defensive flasks will make exploding Porcupines a joke. (I like using these as example since they can be really dangerous if not paying attention)

4. You can use devotos BUT IMO you lose too much flat life, res. that help you overcap for ele weak maps and bosses that have ele.pen.
Also the attack speed on it really isnt needed and the movespeed also isnt needed really since you want to quickly leap around anyways. :)

Hope this answers everything!
Cheers!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 20, 2016, 3:59:05 AM
"

To answere ur questions right away:

1. Yes, IMO the new voidheart isnt worth it anymore cuz you dont proc poison relyable anymore. I would try to get a steel ring similar to this one instead

and go ham with raw dmg. (Warning! Rings like these are expensive!)

2. Yes, you will have to generate end.charges manually, sadly.
But with more play time you will know when to use/need charges and when you dont.
Also CWDT + End.Cry does NOT work! It used to, but doesnt anymore since its not a spell anymore. Its a warcry.

3. Immortal Call w/o end.charges up indeed doesnt last long but prefents you from stunlocks that could happen if ur being too careless or taking too much burst dmg. from multiple exploding Porcupines for example.
Going for Enduring Cry and learning how to properly play with it gives you 7 end.charges all the time and therefore allways a 28% flat phys mitigration which is alot! This combined with ur defensive flasks will make exploding Porcupines a joke. (I like using these as example since they can be really dangerous if not paying attention)

4. You can use devotos BUT IMO you lose too much flat life, res. that help you overcap for ele weak maps and bosses that have ele.pen.
Also the attack speed on it really isnt needed and the movespeed also isnt needed really since you want to quickly leap around anyways. :)

Hope this answers everything!
Cheers!

1) Voidheart - Thanks. Sold mine this morning for 1Ex, that will help with any changes I need for my build.

2) No problem, ill just use End Cry. Charges last 14-15 seconds and you can use that worm flask to spawn 2 worms for pre-boss fights to get yourself a quick 2 End charges, 3 if you End Cry right at boss spawn. I dont think increased duration does anything on End Cry correct? Doesnt impact End Charges duration anyways.. So point point to having it? Would it make sense to slot faster attacks with it to make your cast faster? Does that work? Dont want to reroll socket to green if it doesnt make the animation/cast noticeably faster...

3) Immortal Call - I am still debating this one.. Is it even needed? If I can run 4+ End Charges on Bosses regularly... Ive seen your videos and even a guy who is 2H Eq who cleared Shaper Solo, didnt use I.C. just had 8(how the F do you get 8?) End Charges up and face tanked him with ONLY 6.7K HP...... with 28% Phys Mitigation, plus armor + flask, you can be pretty damn tanky for several seconds.... Seems I.C. might be pointless?

4) I am ~100% in Merc on every resist, thats why I asked. I know some debuffs and bosses mitigate some resists, so Ive always shot for 90% on everything, I probably have plenty but I could afford Devotos and still res Cap at about 75%-80% on everything in Merc. But like you said, just faster attacks, blood magic and leap slam everywhere.... not sure if its worth it or not. AND you have -10% Phys damage I believe too right? So that kinda made me salty...

5) What do you think about this idea. Since I am Slayer, have harder time generating End Charges. Doing a CWDT -> Enfeeble -> Warlord's Mark. Can you proc both those at once? In theory I could be using that to debuff their damage, and then chance on kill to generate End Charges. If I have a 4th slot there too, what would be best to add to this? I already have Hatred/Ash/BloodRage/End Cry on boots, so my gloves right now are CWDT -> Enfeeble -> I.C. -> Increased Duration. But I hate building up 5+ End Charges to have it proc I.C. and I have to build them up again... Makes me wonder if its worth it to use IC (#3)....

6) If you cant do Enfeeble + Warlords Mark. My other idea was a "taunt" totem (forget the name) in the CWDT. The idea would be whenever I get popped by a boss, it throws that down and gets him off me, also proccing enfeeble. Will this override my Ancestral totem though and make me re-cast? If so, might not be worth it....

My DPS with Conc Effect and fully buffed from fasks is around 80-100k (havnt looked in a while) and I feel my DPS isnt limiting me... Its more the tankiness issue from not being able to generate End Charges as easy as Mara can.... 7.4k Life atm, 7 End charges max. Good enough DPS for any content I believe.... Just trying to figure out the sweet spot with End Charges/Curses etc.... If I were a Mara and had chance to gain FULL charges, I can see I.C. being good. But it takes me a little build up to get them, which means that I.C. might actually hurt me rather than help me since its such a low % of my life that has to proc....

"
clinx1337 wrote:

1) Voidheart - Thanks. Sold mine this morning for 1Ex, that will help with any changes I need for my build.

2) No problem, ill just use End Cry. Charges last 14-15 seconds and you can use that worm flask to spawn 2 worms for pre-boss fights to get yourself a quick 2 End charges, 3 if you End Cry right at boss spawn. I dont think increased duration does anything on End Cry correct? Doesnt impact End Charges duration anyways.. So point point to having it? Would it make sense to slot faster attacks with it to make your cast faster? Does that work? Dont want to reroll socket to green if it doesnt make the animation/cast noticeably faster...

3) Immortal Call - I am still debating this one.. Is it even needed? If I can run 4+ End Charges on Bosses regularly... Ive seen your videos and even a guy who is 2H Eq who cleared Shaper Solo, didnt use I.C. just had 8(how the F do you get 8?) End Charges up and face tanked him with ONLY 6.7K HP...... with 28% Phys Mitigation, plus armor + flask, you can be pretty damn tanky for several seconds.... Seems I.C. might be pointless?

4) I am ~100% in Merc on every resist, thats why I asked. I know some debuffs and bosses mitigate some resists, so Ive always shot for 90% on everything, I probably have plenty but I could afford Devotos and still res Cap at about 75%-80% on everything in Merc. But like you said, just faster attacks, blood magic and leap slam everywhere.... not sure if its worth it or not. AND you have -10% Phys damage I believe too right? So that kinda made me salty...

5) What do you think about this idea. Since I am Slayer, have harder time generating End Charges. Doing a CWDT -> Enfeeble -> Warlord's Mark. Can you proc both those at once? In theory I could be using that to debuff their damage, and then chance on kill to generate End Charges. If I have a 4th slot there too, what would be best to add to this? I already have Hatred/Ash/BloodRage/End Cry on boots, so my gloves right now are CWDT -> Enfeeble -> I.C. -> Increased Duration. But I hate building up 5+ End Charges to have it proc I.C. and I have to build them up again... Makes me wonder if its worth it to use IC (#3)....

6) If you cant do Enfeeble + Warlords Mark. My other idea was a "taunt" totem (forget the name) in the CWDT. The idea would be whenever I get popped by a boss, it throws that down and gets him off me, also proccing enfeeble. Will this override my Ancestral totem though and make me re-cast? If so, might not be worth it....

My DPS with Conc Effect and fully buffed from fasks is around 80-100k (havnt looked in a while) and I feel my DPS isnt limiting me... Its more the tankiness issue from not being able to generate End Charges as easy as Mara can.... 7.4k Life atm, 7 End charges max. Good enough DPS for any content I believe.... Just trying to figure out the sweet spot with End Charges/Curses etc.... If I were a Mara and had chance to gain FULL charges, I can see I.C. being good. But it takes me a little build up to get them, which means that I.C. might actually hurt me rather than help me since its such a low % of my life that has to proc....

1. Good! :)
Just looked at the prices again and they really droped alot lately.
Seams like people slowly get that the new voidheart isnt really good anymore. :D

2. Worm bottle isnt worth it imo, there are better flasks you could use!
Inc. Duration slightly increases the HP recovery duration from End.Cry. aside from that it does nothing. Also no, you cant make it attack/cast faster since its a warcry and not an attack or a spell.

3. As you can see, I don't need it anymore. Others still like to use it tho.
I guess this one really is a choice you have to make for urself! :P
The guy who killed shaper with a similar build might was Juggernaut or had a +1 end.charges corrupted belt.

4. About ele weakness overcaping, here's a copied post from reddit with the exact numbers:

Spoiler
Map EW is -29 until lvl 79 maps where it is -34.

Monster EW is -40 throughout all maps. As are monster individual elemental curses.

If your max res is 75, you need 104 to ignore EW mod in <79 maps, 164 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 115 to ignore monster curses, 175 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 144 to ignore monster curses inside an EW mod <79 map, 204 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 125 to ignore the EE from the Volcano boss encounter, 185 in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 154 to ignore the EE from the Volcano boss encounter in an EW mod map, 214 inside HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 109 to ignore EW map mod in 79 and above maps, 169 in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 149 to ignore monster curses inside an EW 79 and above map, 209 in HO.

If your max res is higher than 75, add on the difference to all requirement numbers.

As you can see, you need quite alot to be completely save in a worst case szenario and I like to be prepared. :P
So IMO drop devotos!

5. Good idea - won't work tho unless you have a +1 curse amulet... if you really want perma life/mana leech just drop HoA and use a blasphemy + warlord mark setup.

6. CWDT - Totem doesnt work. Also thats why we have the warchief totem as well!
Deals dmg. and can act as decoy if needed! :)

Hope this answers everything! :)

Cheers!

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 20, 2016, 3:44:40 PM
"

1. Good! :)
Just looked at the prices again and they really droped alot lately.
Seams like people slowly get that the new voidheart isnt really good anymore. :D

2. Worm bottle isnt worth it imo, there are better flasks you could use!
Inc. Duration slightly increases the HP recovery duration from End.Cry. aside from that it does nothing. Also no, you cant make it attack/cast faster since its a warcry and not an attack or a spell.

3. As you can see, I don't need it anymore. Others still like to use it tho.
I guess this one really is a choice you have to make for urself! :P
The guy who killed shaper with a similar build might was Juggernaut or had a +1 end.charges corrupted belt.

4. About ele weakness overcaping, here's a copied post from reddit with the exact numbers:

Spoiler
Map EW is -29 until lvl 79 maps where it is -34.

Monster EW is -40 throughout all maps. As are monster individual elemental curses.

If your max res is 75, you need 104 to ignore EW mod in <79 maps, 164 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 115 to ignore monster curses, 175 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 144 to ignore monster curses inside an EW mod <79 map, 204 when in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 125 to ignore the EE from the Volcano boss encounter, 185 in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 154 to ignore the EE from the Volcano boss encounter in an EW mod map, 214 inside HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 109 to ignore EW map mod in 79 and above maps, 169 in HO.

If your max res is 75, you need 149 to ignore monster curses inside an EW 79 and above map, 209 in HO.

If your max res is higher than 75, add on the difference to all requirement numbers.

As you can see, you need quite alot to be completely save in a worst case szenario and I like to be prepared. :P
So IMO drop devotos!

5. Good idea - won't work tho unless you have a +1 curse amulet... if you really want perma life/mana leech just drop HoA and use a blasphemy + warlord mark setup.

6. CWDT - Totem doesnt work. Also thats why we have the warchief totem as well!
Deals dmg. and can act as decoy if needed! :)

Hope this answers everything! :)

Cheers!

Thanks a ton for all the help, the only guy I know who knows anything about EQ did it last mod and didnt stay up to date on the changes, so his info is outdated.

2) Worm Bottle I think is great for Slayer, not for Maras... It allows us to proc Onslaught as well as generate End Charges (which we have a hard time doing). Its also an insta-cast HP pot too, I dont use it now, but might keep one around for boss fights, or who knows... The guy who solod Shaper used it, which is where I saw the idea.

3) Here is the video of the solo EQ Shaper (FYI I only skimmed the video, havnt watched it yet):
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xjLLyH3QY

4) Thanks for that, now I know I am NOT overdoing it when sitting around 100% in Merc :) Looks like I actually have room for MORE resits!

5) About Warlords + Enfeeble. I figured it wouldnt work. I actually dont care much about the life+mana leech since I have plenty of mana leech and life leech via slayer... I was just trying to figure out what else to put on my CWDT. My other idea was to use golems. Fire/flame gives more damage and Stone gives Hp regen, not that I care much, but they also could be used as Pseudo tanks too. What do you recommend?

Ive got CWDT -> Enfeeble + Slot + Slot
Boots -> Hatred/Ash/BloodRage/End Cry.

Since I have to cast for endurance charges, I didnt want to have MORE casts like Vaal Haste (like in your OP) and right now, my biggest issue is tankiness... So trying to boost that before I boost damage since I already 1 shot everything non-magic/rare mobs which just take 2-3 hits (meaning like 1-2 seconds) and move on... or just pop flask for extra Phys and they die in 1-2 swings. So damage isnt my issue....

New Question: I have yet to buy a +Qual faster attacks for Leap Slam. My Leap Slam is +0%Q lvl ~18 atm... I know at 20 I can exchange for +20% Qual. Is this a big deal? Should I just buy a +QUal one or just wait? I know it slows down my clear speed...

Leap Slam Qual just increases the chance to knockback - nice to have, I guess, but it won't make a difference.

I got given a 20% qual LS from a guildie and I don't really notice the difference.

Faster attacks now, that one makes a difference; if I was rich I'd get a 23% corrupted, but its hard to justify an extra 30c for a 1.5% increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info