[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

Notes for 2.4 aka. Atlas Of Worlds:

Spoiler
What does affect us:

"Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills."

What does this mean for us?:

This means we lose 29% aftershock dmg. which is huge loss, sadly.
The increase to mana cost shouldn't be an issue.
We allways leech mana thx to Pain Reaver anyways!
Reduced aftershock AoE by 12% is sad but not that big of a deal.
We might pick up the other 5% AoE in the templar area to compensate for the loss.

What does affect us:

"The damage bonus of the Less Duration support gem has been reduced. At level 1, it has been reduced from 20% to 10%. At level 20, it has been reduced from 29% to 19%."

What this means:

Here we lose 10% more dmg.
Im really glad they didn't touch the less duration mod!
Its sad to see but we are still fine!

TL;DR:

Slightly higher Mana cost, 12% reduced AoE, 29% less aftershock dmg., 10% less dmg.

Will this build be dead?:

Nope! :)
Build still works really well!

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

About question ingame or forum private messages: PLEASE READ FIRST!!!

Spoiler
If you have any questions, PLEASE ask here in the forum bellow the thread! :)

I only have limited time to play the game!

This isn't meant to be rude!

Another reason for this is that other people can also see your questions and check the answeres should they have similar questions! :)

I usually check this thread when going on- and offline or when taking breaks from playing! :P

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

Can you please add more ascendency classes to ur build?

Yes! - done! :)

Will you update this build for 2.4 aka Atlas Of Worlds?

Yes!

Is this build "area/map XXX" viable?

Atziri: Yes.

(Uber-)Lab: Yes.

High tier/endgame maps aka. red maps: Yes.

Vinktar Square: Yes.

Death and Taxes: Yes.

Snorlax and Pikachu: No.

Can this build be done with a different ascendency class?

Yes! See "ascendency class" section!

Are there more budget friendly options? Other weapons / armour?

Yes there are, see "Other weapon and body armor option" section!

I dont deal as much dmg as you do, why is that?!

Do you have a 6L high rolled disfavour or something similar?
Are your gems all at max. level and max. quality?
Do you have high flat phys. on both of ur rings and ur amulet?
Do you make proper usage of ur flasks?
Dont forget to put ur auras / buffs on! :P
... you get the point! :)

I send you a PM about your build! Why dont you answere it?!

Take a look at the very top of this build guide and read! :)
There's ur answer!

How do you handle phys. & ele. reflect?

DONT run phys. reflect maps, you'll kill urself.
Ele. reflect maps we can run by simply turning off our hatred and HoA and by switching out added fire & wed for fortify and another red non elemental gem of ur own choice! :)

Is this build beginner friendly?

Yes I think it is for someone willing to read and trying to understand the game!

Can this be done as a build to start a new league with?

Absolutely, yes! It is a really nice build to start a new league with and also extremly strong endgame!

Will add more faq's if I think it's needed!

Welcome to my "Axe Earthquake Berserker" build guide/showcase!

Video's:

Death & Taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_WsIAaKKqs

Vinktar Square. Avatar Of Thunder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc-OCNOqZCA

Twinned Abyss Kaom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZfG9LDtLQ

Uber Argus & Uber Izaro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3YVqMYUEg

"Low Budget" Atziri video using a 4L Hezmanas Axe and 4L Belly.
For all the sceptical people out there! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41PZSwNIht4

Atziri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOeP92nKwE

My first ever Core attempt! MALACHAI DOWN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYVghapprmE

Shavronne, Maligaro and Doedre went smoother than expected.
Messed up BIG TIME in the 2nd phase of the Malachai fight cuz I got way too excited and made fatal mistakes + came kinda unprepared when taking a look at my flasks afterwards. D:
Still didnt expect I would kill him on my first run...
Enjoy the painfull ending... :')

Defensive and offensive stats:

Defense without end. charges & flasks up:

Spoiler

Defense with end. charges & flasks up (ToH, Basalt & Lions Roar):

Spoiler

Earthquake damage standing in HO with Hatred and HoA (Conc.):

Spoiler

Earthquake peak damage with Hatred, HoA, Blood Rage, Charges, Onslaught & Flasks (ToH + Lions Roar) and Vaal Haste (Conc.):

Spoiler

Ancestral Warchief damage standing in HO with Hatred and HoA (Conc.):

Spoiler

Ancestral Warchief peak damage with Hatred, HoA, Blood Rage, Charges, Onslaught & Flasks (ToH + Lions Roar) and Vaal Haste (Conc.):

Spoiler

My gem setups:

Weapon:
Spoiler
Earthquake > Less Duration > Melee Physical Damage > Inc.AoE/Conc.Effect > Added Fire Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage.

Helmed:

Spoiler
Leap Slam > Fortify > Blood Magic > Faster Attacks.

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Ancestral Warchief > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage > Inc.AoE/Conc.Effect > Added Fire Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage.

Gloves:
Spoiler
Cast When Damage Taken Lv. 1 > Enfeeble Lv.5 & Hatred > Herald Of Ash.

Boots:
Spoiler
Blood Rage > Enduring Cry > Vaal Haste > Inc. Duration.

My gear:

Spoiler

Other weapon and body armor option:

More budget friendly axes:
Spoiler

Your cheapest option also usable fairly early.
Culling strike is nice to have + a high rolled one can deal serious damage!
20 life gained on kill also is a nice to have mod!

Another really cheap and imo the best option until you saved up money for a disfavour.
This one does have the pro that you dont have to worry about mana at all and could even squeeze in another 25% aura/buff if ur willing to do some changes on ur own in ur gem setup!
The 1% of phys. dmg. leeched as life also helps!

Other/cheaper body armor options:
Spoiler

Arguably the best chest you could use if you fear high phys. dmg.
Caping lightning res. with this WILL BE HARD! So keep that in mind!

Kaoms Heart. A very commonly used chest thx to its very high flat life.
You can use it if you don't mind losing the warchief and want a large HP pool over dmg.
Keep in mind you lose ALOT of dmg. that way tho!

The cheapest option, I recommand using Belly over it tho!
Onslaught is nice but not needed.

Use only if you dont mind losing HP and love AoE!
It is also fairly expensive...

Other uniques that would be usefull to this build and why:

Spoiler

This ring is GODLIKE! It gives us bleed AND poison shouldn't we have a disfavour yet!
It also allows us to drop Disfavour should we ever get a better axe! Caping res. might be a bit tricky with it tho, so keep that in mind!
>>>ONLY THE LEGACY VERSION IS WORTH IT IMO, NEW ONE ISNT! PROCS ARE TOO UNRELYABLE!<<<

These gloves are nuts should you decide to run Juggernaut over Berserker!
Attack Speed?! Move Speed?! High armor?! Immune to shocks?! Dmg. per end.charge?! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES PLEASEEE!!! No flat life tho.. :(((
Inc. stun duration on you is a huge downside tho but since Jugger is immune to stun anyways... we don't care! :)
As with the ring, caping res. using these might be tricky!

Leveling progression:

20 points:

40 points:

60 points:

80 points:

102 points:

Current Tree (SC):
Spoiler

Skilltree for Hardcore players (HC):

Bandits:

Spoiler
Oak - Kill - Oak

Ascendency perks:

Berserker:

For SC:
Spoiler

For HC:
Spoiler

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ANOTHER CLASS + PASSIVES:
Keep in mind that with any other class then berserker you have to get mana leech somewhere on your gear (or run warlords mark + blasphemy) and deal less dmg. then a berserker would do!

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LDo
Juggernaut:
Spoiler

Chieftain:
Spoiler

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LDq
Slayer:
Spoiler

Champion:
Spoiler

Gladiator:
Spoiler

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LDt
Scion (offensive/damage):
Spoiler

Scion (speed/defensive):
Spoiler

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LDu
Hierophant:
Spoiler

Inquisitor:
Spoiler

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LFp
Pathfinder:
Spoiler

Passives: http://poeurl.com/LDw
Raider:
Spoiler

If you have any questions feel free to ask bellow! :)

It may take a while for me to answere since I'm kinda busy atm but feel free to help each other out and discuss! :)

Cheers, Zahkriisos!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Oct 3, 2016, 7:37:41 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 8:43:19 AM
Atziri Video added!

More budget friendly axes & alternate body armor options added!

Added leveling progression!

Fully buffed, merciless Izaro video added!

Added my Jewels to the gear section!

Death and Taxes video added!

Skilltree and ascendency perks for Hardcore players added!

Requested gameplay video running a Plateau added!

Gem setup section added!

Core Malachai down! Video added!

The build has been updated for 2.3!

Ascendency perk-trees for Juggernaut and Chieftain added!

FAQ-section added!

Gem setups for gloves and boots adjusted since we're using Vaal Haste for faster clearing as well now + added a new peak tooltip screenshot with Vaal Haste up!

Added: "Other uniques that would be usefull to this build and why" + added texts explaining the cheaper axes and the other body armor options!

Added two screenshots to the "defensive and offensive stats" section showing my defensive stats with and without flasks up!

New "Low Budget" Atziri video using a 4L Hezmanas Axe and 4L Belly.
For all the sceptical people out there! :)

Video for Uber Argus and Uber Izaro added!

Defensive and offensive stats have been updated + Ancestral Warchief added!
Leveling progression, current tree and hardcore tree updated/edited!
Current equiptment updated!
Body armor updated/edited!
Alternative weapons and body armor options updated/edited!

Old videos that were not up to date removed and new videos added!

Notes for 2.4 aka Atlos Of Worlds added!

Added more ascendency class options + skilltrees for them!

New def. and dmg. screenshots for 2.4 adeed.
Totally forgot to edit these but no worries, the difference isnt huge. :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Oct 3, 2016, 7:40:08 AM

Might consider using this weapon for a budget build you wont lose much dps since its got blood magic for attacks built into it which also works with leap slam, and then you can run ash,hatred and arctic armor and still have close to the same dps as with a disfavor.

For elemental reflect maps just switch to determination and haste giving you pure physical damage only so the reflect does nothing.
sorry net lagged and double posted.
Last edited by sethbine on Mar 24, 2016, 5:40:28 PM
"
sethbine wrote:

Might consider using this weapon for a budget build you wont lose much dps since its got blood magic for attacks built into it which also works with leap slam, and then you can run ash,hatred and arctic armor and still have close to the same dps as with a disfavor.

For elemental reflect maps just switch to determination and haste giving you pure physical damage only so the reflect does nothing.

Thanks for the reply!
About Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe, it indeed is a nice budget option if one cant afford a Atziri's Disfavour BUT I have to disagree big time when it comes to the damage difference of these two axes.

A high roll Hezemana does got about 420 pDPS while a high rolled Disfavour does get 600 pDPS+
Thats a HUGE difference and a major dmg. loss.

When running ele.reflect maps one could just turn off Hatred and HoA.
Also remove added fire and wed, its a big dmg lose but if you dont drop em you kill yourself.
Tbh I avoid running reflect and just reroll the map cuz setting all this other auras up takes way too much time :)

Cheers, Zahkriisos!

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 24, 2016, 6:08:02 PM
As I said its a budget axe for the build, 90% of your average players wont get enough currancy to buy a disfavor so hence if you want this build to be taken seriously and not just another build most cant copy you gotta give players reasonable options. Dps is nice but I can clear tier 15 maps with 50k dps too and not even that much slower. I use Sunder instead of eq and destroy everything without taking much damage because I have the full option of my mana use for changing out aura's either for more defense or puritys for high elemental bosses etc. Thats why you have alternate weapons you can use to level other gems for future use. I started leveling all the extra auras I planned to test or thought I might need as I was either offered them found them or knew what level they could be gotten via wiki.

Anyone can make a super build using items few can afford mirrored items god like gear etc but to most players there needs to be an option they can afford til they can get the Disfavor.
Hey, fun looking build!

Any video's of game play?

Any Atziri attempts?
"
sethbine wrote:
As I said its a budget axe for the build, 90% of your average players wont get enough currancy to buy a disfavor so hence if you want this build to be taken seriously and not just another build most cant copy you gotta give players reasonable options. Dps is nice but I can clear tier 15 maps with 50k dps too and not even that much slower. I use Sunder instead of eq and destroy everything without taking much damage because I have the full option of my mana use for changing out aura's either for more defense or puritys for high elemental bosses etc. Thats why you have alternate weapons you can use to level other gems for future use. I started leveling all the extra auras I planned to test or thought I might need as I was either offered them found them or knew what level they could be gotten via wiki.

Anyone can make a super build using items few can afford mirrored items god like gear etc but to most players there needs to be an option they can afford til they can get the Disfavor.

As said, Hezemana's is a viable alternative indeed. Nothing wrong with it! :)
I dont see tho why the build should be taken less serious just because I do have godly gear.
It sure works with alot less GG gear.
But I get ur point! :)

"
jlaboss503 wrote:
Hey, fun looking build!

Any video's of game play?

Any Atziri attempts?

I can add a few vids or two in the future.
Atziri and bosses before her die really fast and I also took down 2x abyss kaom but didnt record it, should I drop another abyss map I can record it tho! :)

Atziri Video has been added!

Could you add a skill tree for leveling please?

You clear T15 maps with this do you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info