[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
wren43c4 wrote:
I also realize that ice storm's base damage is increased by 1-3 for every 10 int. It very well could be better to just go straight for more int nodes although I would guess the extra 3% fire penetration would be better.

You could also just fit in an enduring cry for scary stuff, maybe work it into cwdt instead of running IC so you don't lose the charges.

I don't have a character that can test any of this right now, but I can probably test sometime next weekend.

Just chiming in. Took me some time to realize that too, but I've made a lot of WI characters with different approachs in a couple of leagues already, from Tri-Curse Occultist to Elementalist and some variations of Ascendant. Honestly all work as long as YOU STACK INT. Sometimes you observe a passive tree and say "Oh, I can save all this 10 points if I route this way" and get a whole wheel of spell/ele/fire/whatever while losing some INT. Wrong, INT is everything, when in doubt just grab more INT or jewels.
Do you think that Perandus Ring is still a thing with the nerf of 2% int / unique maximum?

it still gives me int, but compareable low amount
I really like these builds and I've been having a lot of fun. I started with a witch before noticing that the scion could make for speedy map running.

I did want to point out that the gem selection in the leveling guide seems off for scions. Maybe the offerings have changed for this league, I'm still pretty new to POE, but many of the suggested gems aren't available to scion. Were they copied verbatim from another class guide?
Last edited by vesuvius on Dec 8, 2016, 9:43:57 AM
"
vesuvius wrote:
I really like these builds and I've been having a lot of fun. I started with a witch before noticing that the scion could make for speedy map running.

I did want to point out that the gem selection in the leveling guide seems off for scions. Maybe the offerings have changed for this league, I'm still pretty new to POE, but many of the suggested gems aren't available to scion. Were they copied verbatim from another class guide?

Generally speaking, guides do not focus on which gem is available for you to buy. In POE, all gems can be used by all classes, its just that some classes cannot buy the gem from the vendor like others can, but you can still get it from another player, or buy it with another class and transfer it using your stash.

You can buy any gem you want and use it at poe.trade (or any other item). Keep in mind there is no such thing as class limitations in this game, whether its for skills, gems, gear, weapons, or anything else. The only limitations that exist are level requirements, and attribute requirements, and thats it. If you can obtain it (trade, vendor, drops) you can use it.
"
sdwinder wrote:
"
vesuvius wrote:

Generally speaking, guides do not focus on which gem is available for you to buy...

Understood, but this guide does. Obviously it goes into more detail than a lot of guides do but as a new player I appreciate that. The guide mentions taking Clarity after killing Brutus. That's not an option for Scion and had I known that prior to starting the leveling process I could have spent time just gathering the necessary gems beforehand. I seemingly can't even use another toon as when I go to buy Clarity it requires level 33.

The tremendous detail is very much appreciated it, but it is a hindrance when it is inaccurate which is why I asked.
Last edited by vesuvius on Dec 8, 2016, 2:41:37 PM
So, I have two questions. Firstly which of these staves should I use?

Secondly, I am currently level 69 with 4600 ES and really want to upgrade my gear, but I dont have any experience with CI and buying endgame items, am I a high enough level to purchase items to use through to level 80, or should I keep spamming merciless dried lake first? Do I save up for Astramentis before worrying about other gear? I can post my current gear if that would help.

That said, im loving the playstyle of the build so far! Thanks for making and maintaining this guide!
"
snowman41 wrote:
So, I have two questions. Firstly which of these staves should I use?

Secondly, I am currently level 69 with 4600 ES and really want to upgrade my gear, but I dont have any experience with CI and buying endgame items, am I a high enough level to purchase items to use through to level 80, or should I keep spamming merciless dried lake first? Do I save up for Astramentis before worrying about other gear? I can post my current gear if that would help.

That said, im loving the playstyle of the build so far! Thanks for making and maintaining this guide!

Use the 18% int one for more damage once you can get it 6 socketed. Sell the old one or use it for Item Rarity/Culling. I found that levels are the biggest boost. Just got up to 81 and have 1 more before I can start getting more damage in. My damage is only 3600dps though as I need Izaro jewels. I'd say I'm fairly tanky with 3 endurance orbs up so I'm not running Immortal Call.

Make sure you get an enlighten asap as well as the helmet. Those two will help immensely if you're finding you're not tanky enough.
"
Use the 18% int one for more damage once you can get it 6 socketed. Sell the old one or use it for Item Rarity/Culling. I found that levels are the biggest boost. Just got up to 81 and have 1 more before I can start getting more damage in. My damage is only 3600dps though as I need Izaro jewels. I'd say I'm fairly tanky with 3 endurance orbs up so I'm not running Immortal Call.

Make sure you get an enlighten asap as well as the helmet. Those two will help immensely if you're finding you're not tanky enough.

I have an enlighten that I have been qualitying up, the helmet sounds like a good next step. Apparently the cheapest staff with the 12% 17% stats is 25c, so Ill probably sell it to help fund the rest of my build. Thanks for the advice!

Edit: The 18% staff has too low of an itemlevel for 6 sockets, fml. Selling that one instead.
Last edited by snowman41 on Dec 8, 2016, 8:12:57 PM
hey im trying ur build this league with the primordial eminence jewel so along with the elementalist the golem buff becomes 69% and by testing is giving me slightly more damage than a turmoil jewel, the next gem that i will test will be a emperor's mastery when i get the Money

kinda struggling to get past 1500 int but im still lvl 88

my damage is 5k in hideout with the golem, but i will get another belt and gloves too
the only thing that i can do reliably yet is killing tul (cold breachlord)
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Dec 8, 2016, 9:24:10 PM
"
exxidus wrote:
Do you think that Perandus Ring is still a thing with the nerf of 2% int / unique maximum?

it still gives me int, but compareable low amount

You are still lv 84 and probably not ideal Int on gear. Perandus ring shines at the high levels with endgame gear. Even 2% (per unique!) is good.

"
vesuvius wrote:

The guide is not built around the gem availability other than the starting level stuff. You can buy any gem for 1 alc, and you'll have that by the time you need it.

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
hey im trying ur build this league with the primordial eminence jewel so along with the elementalist the golem buff becomes 69% and by testing is giving me slightly more damage than a turmoil jewel

That's impossible. Check again.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 10, 2016, 12:44:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info