[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Myatt wrote:
Whats the reason behind Minion Ele? As I dont see you have it on the witch version. I'm torn between rolling witch or scion.

Elementalist golems are immune to ele dmg, they don't need the support gem to survive. If you haven't played WI before, start with the Witch. It's a lot easier to play than Scion.

GGG buffed the golems in 2.5 and I suspect the Scion doesn't need it anymore either. I haven't had the time to check yet. Ideally you want CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Golem, but that's 4R on Sorc boots, very hard to make in a new league. So you just have a blue socket for a gem of your choice now.
After lot of problems at normal after lvl 33 and with some minor problems in first act in cruel, i finally got this build allright. ATM at merciless act 2 i`m rocking with 3.5k ES and over 1.6k tooltip dps on Icestorm with 5S Whispering ice.

Today i took down cruel Izaro on lvl 58, and i picked elementalist ofc, but then i saw Occultist next to it, 20% inc ES, 1% ES recharge every sec, some dmg if we killed recently...
I think thats much better option than another passive point or 20/20 str/int combined?
Last edited by djokosrb on Dec 6, 2016, 1:47:21 PM
"
djokosrb wrote:
Today i took down cruel Izaro on lvl 58, and i picked elementalist ofc, but then i saw Occultist next to it, 20% inc ES, 1% ES recharge every sec, some dmg if we killed recently...
I think thats much better option than another passive point or 20/20 str/int combined?

You cannot pick two Witch nodes at the same time. Elementalist is far better than Occultist, so that's the choice of the Witch node.

The other Ascendancy half is debatable. I prefer Raider for the clear speed. Slayer is a good choice against bosses. But the first Ascendancy should definitely be Elementalist.
I figured that out just now :) I`m total idiot, and this is not my first scion(ascendant) build.
Moron (me).
nice build
Last edited by old_nihilist on Dec 6, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Myatt wrote:
Whats the reason behind Minion Ele? As I dont see you have it on the witch version. I'm torn between rolling witch or scion.

Elementalist golems are immune to ele dmg, they don't need the support gem to survive. If you haven't played WI before, start with the Witch. It's a lot easier to play than Scion.

GGG buffed the golems in 2.5 and I suspect the Scion doesn't need it anymore either. I haven't had the time to check yet. Ideally you want CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Golem, but that's 4R on Sorc boots, very hard to make in a new league. So you just have a blue socket for a gem of your choice now.

As a scion, when you take Elementalist, it doesn't grant you Liege of the Primordial. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Liege_of_the_Primordial

Your golems would still take damage and need the resists.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elementalist_(Ascendant_passive)

Unless I'm misunderstanding the scion ascendancy passive you still need that blue gem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was thinking about dropping raider in favor of Juggernaut. This would give me stun and chill immunity as well as allow me to drop the skill points into marauder (frees up like 12 points). With those I took more fire damage and penetration. I spent 2 points grabbing foresight to make up for lost ES.

Passive skill tree build

What do you guys think about going this route? I understand it'll move a bit slower but it should have a sizable boost in straight damage. Like 93% more fire damage with 5% more fire resist penetration.

We'd lose ~40 int (assuming you take the str to int gem), but even with the best rolls, you're looking at an overall total int loss of 65ish which is only 7% spell damage and 14% ES. You make up the ES loss and even gain more from spending 2 to get Foresight which gives you a base of 20 more max ES.

Damage-wise we're losing Frenzy speed and onslaught.
Last edited by wren43c4 on Dec 7, 2016, 3:57:46 PM
"
wren43c4 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Myatt wrote:

As a scion, when you take Elementalist, it doesn't grant you Liege of the Primordial.

We were talking about the Witch class Elementalist.

"
wren43c4 wrote:
I was thinking about dropping raider in favor of Juggernaut. This would give me stun and chill immunity as well as allow me to drop the skill points into marauder (frees up like 12 points). With those I took more fire damage and penetration. I spent 2 points grabbing foresight to make up for lost ES.

Passive skill tree build

What do you guys think about going this route? I understand it'll move a bit slower but it should have a sizable boost in straight damage. Like 93% more fire damage with 5% more fire resist penetration.

We'd lose ~40 int (assuming you take the str to int gem), but even with the best rolls, you're looking at an overall total int loss of 65ish which is only 7% spell damage and 14% ES. You make up the ES loss and even gain more from spending 2 to get Foresight which gives you a base of 20 more max ES.

Damage-wise we're losing Frenzy speed and onslaught.

Juggernaut is an interesting idea indeed. It wasn't so in 2.2-2.3 when I played the Scion, but it makes a lot of sense now. Int Crystal belt instead of Auxium makes chill immunity more valuable, and there are two endgame bosses that chill you a lot: Hydra and Shaper (plus one of the breach types in the current league).

I'm a bit sceptic about dropping US in favor of stun immunity on max charges. Chimera (the fog phase) can become a problem. But it can work. Need testing.

However, you are going totally wrong way with the skill points from US. First, Foresight is useless here because our ES comes from Int, not from the ES nodes. And second, our DPS also comes from Int, not from raw elemental damage nodes. We take Snowforged because its double dip bonus is just too nice to ignore. But other than that, Int is the way to go.

So, all nodes from the discarded lower branch of the tree should go towards grabbing more Int. Like this: Elenaut tree.

Anyway, thank for the idea. I haven't thought about adapting the Ascendancy to the new content in a while. I'll check it out when I have time.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 7, 2016, 7:00:57 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Juggernaut is an interesting idea indeed. It wasn't so in 2.2-2.3 when I played the Scion, but it makes a lot of sense now. Int Crystal belt instead of Auxium makes chill immunity more valuable, and there are two endgame bosses that chill you a lot: Hydra and Shaper (plus one of the breach types in the current league).

I'm a bit sceptic about dropping US in favor of stun immunity on max charges. Chimera (the fog phase) can become a problem. But it can work. Need testing.

However, you are going totally wrong way with the skill points from US. First, Foresight is useless here because our ES comes from Int, not from the ES nodes. And second, our DPS also comes from Int, not from raw elemental damage nodes. We take Snowforged because its double dip bonus is just too nice to ignore. But other than that, Int is the way to go.

So, all nodes from the discarded lower branch of the tree should go towards grabbing more Int. Like this: Elenaut tree.

Anyway, thank for the idea. I haven't thought about adapting the Ascendancy to the new content in a while. I'll check it out when I have time.

I want to start off saying that I love the build and am using it right now in Breach (only level 78 right now but I have all of the recommended uniques and just replaced the boots).

I get that you're getting spellpower with more int. I've adjusted the tree accordingly to get back to the total of 119 skill points used. Assuming that you're using a brute force gem for the strength nodes, which you can only reach 4, and the 30 int node, that's a 94 int gain. Add the 41% int from gear and you're looking at a total of 133 int, rounded up.

133 int gives you 27% energy shield (Rounded up) and 13.3% spell damage.

The two points into foresight gives 20% energy shield PLUS A BASE of 20 more (Which all of your int will multiply into as well).

The path to get to the fire nodes at the top take you by 2 int nodes so you gain 20 int (5% energy shield, 3% spell damage).

I added that elemental damage node along with the Jewel slot it gives because it fits into 119 points used.

So overall, you're losing 2% energy shield but gaining a BASE of 20 more to work with. You lose 10% Spell damage, but gain 8% Elemental damage in addition to 71% fire damage and 3% fire resist penetration.

That extra jewel slot will help immensely I'm sure.

I will admit I haven't theorycrafted much in PoE and my lack of knowledge might mess up my math.

Any more thoughts?

My last idea was dropping the extra skill points from Uber Labs and picking up the first witch starting node which gives 16 more base Energy shield to work with.

Here's the NEW revision build:
New Revision
I also realize that ice storm's base damage is increased by 1-3 for every 10 int. It very well could be better to just go straight for more int nodes although I would guess the extra 3% fire penetration would be better.

You could also just fit in an enduring cry for scary stuff, maybe work it into cwdt instead of running IC so you don't lose the charges.

I don't have a character that can test any of this right now, but I can probably test sometime next weekend.

Last edited by wren43c4 on Dec 7, 2016, 8:07:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info