[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

hey>:) i have a question. is ja good roled Atziri's Splendour Sacrificial Garb viable? it has no int on it .but nice all res and decent shield.
greetings
"
izumy wrote:
hey>:) i have a question. is ja good roled Atziri's Splendour Sacrificial Garb viable? it has no int on it .but nice all res and decent shield.
greetings

A very high rolled ES variant of Atziri's Splendour is a viable option, but it can be rather expensive and still inferior to a good rare body armor in most cases.

Atziri's Splendour can roll the maximum of 676 ES and has no Int. You can find a rare armor with 750+ ES and 40+ Int for cheaper.

However, AS is a unique, so you will gain some Int from the Perandus Signet bonus. And it has 20-24% all resists which is really nice.

Definitely an option. I'll add it to the guide.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I've experimented with different options while incorporating Enfeeble. Slightly larger mana reservation can be solved by taking one 4% reservation node near CI. Unfortunately, there is no good way to get both AA and Enfeeble aura without taking all possible reservation nodes and Enlighten lv 4 on top of that, and it's not worth giving up that many nodes. Not to mention the cost of lv 4 Enlighten and 6L.

Have you considered using Heretic's Veil as possible option to run double curse auras without getting lucky helmet enchantment? High roll should still be over 300 ES and it's unique to off set not having flat Int.
"
urjoh wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I've experimented with different options while incorporating Enfeeble. Slightly larger mana reservation can be solved by taking one 4% reservation node near CI. Unfortunately, there is no good way to get both AA and Enfeeble aura without taking all possible reservation nodes and Enlighten lv 4 on top of that, and it's not worth giving up that many nodes. Not to mention the cost of lv 4 Enlighten and 6L.

Have you considered using Heretic's Veil as possible option to run double curse auras without getting lucky helmet enchantment? High roll should still be over 300 ES and it's unique to off set not having flat Int.

I tried that out. The Veil gives less ES and less DMG. Not much though. On the other hand it gives Blasphemy Lvl 22 ...
The Mana Reservation is not a big deal. You still can only run one Aura and have to use a Enlighten Lvl 3 for AA and Discipline. So no advatage here.

On the negative side I lost +2 to Minion Gems which weakens my Golem a lot.

For comparison this is my Helmet:
"
urjoh wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

This new item looks interesting. The lack of Int is ok because it's a unique and Perandus'es will give you some Int as long you have it on the other items.

+2 to curse gems: doesn't matter for WM; Enfeeble will gain 1% and become 31% LESS damage, but it's not really a tangible boost, I didn't bother leveling a lv 21 Enfeeble for 1%. This bonus isn't useful for the two curses we use.

Lv 22 Blasphemy: this is a mixed blessing. It increases the curse aura radius by 4%, then again leveling a lv 21 Blasphemy for 2% wasn't worth the time. But losing 20q support = 10% curse effect, that's 0.2% leech from WM. Can't say how bad it is without trying, but it might matter for things like dealing with reflect.

12% reduced mana reservation: that's 12% of 35% = the aura's reservation will be 30%. I'm not sure how that stacks with Enlighten, probably additively, so then with lv 3 Enlighten it will mean 12+8=20% reduced mana, i.e. 28% reserved. Of course, Discipline and AA will still need their own Enlighten lv 3, we'll just have to use two of those. Discipline is 32% with it, AA is 23%.

So then we have: 28+28+32+23 = 111% reserved, and we need to bring that number down to about 90% to have enough mana to cast Icestorm reliably. This should be possible at the price of 7 tree nodes (4 for Charisma, 1 near CI and 2 near Leadership), i.e. sacrifice two jewel sockets (ouch!) just to convert Enfeeble from CWDT to aura.

And then it will also unbalance your resists, lower your ES, and break a good 4L in the helm.

Doesn't look like a good idea at first glance. Could be worth checking out, but the current price of checking it out is 6 ex according to poe.trade. I'll pass on that for now, but remember to look into it later if I find that item, or the prices go down.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 24, 2016, 5:41:44 PM
Do you always have Conc Effect slotted? Feels like I have a higher clear speed when I used Increased Area, only switching to Conc Effect when I'm going into a boss room.

Then again, I got spoiled by Bladefall, so for some reason Conc Effect AoE just feels really small, even with Blast Radius.
"
dbush2765 wrote:
Do you always have Conc Effect slotted? Feels like I have a higher clear speed when I used Increased Area, only switching to Conc Effect when I'm going into a boss room.

Then again, I got spoiled by Bladefall, so for some reason Conc Effect AoE just feels really small, even with Blast Radius.

I always use CE (don't forget Amplify, not just Blast Radius). You can cover more territory with Inc AoE (instead of CE; if the map is a wide open area), and even more with Faster Casting (instead of CD). But that only makes sense when trash mobs die from 1 cast of Icestorm. With CE and CD, that is the case in all maps, even Tier 15 with mods. You can definitely trade some DPS for faster clearing in lower tiers, just make sure you don't start needing 2 casts to kill trash.

BTW, I have updated the Leveling section with different gem recommendations for leveling after realizing that coloring 3G in WI is silly for just 1-2 days worth of use, and you also want Life Leech until you do Labyrinth. CE now comes in only after getting Asc Berserker (lv 69).

However, the best thing for faster clearing is not Inc AoE or FC. It's this item:

Bring a few of these if you want to clear real fast. Swapping gems is nothing compared to them. See the Lab run video.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 24, 2016, 11:50:26 PM
May I ask if you can list down the most significant differences your build vs baalor one? I'm curious. Thank you

I re read the original thread. I saw the differences u stated. Just ignore this question.

Btw nice build.
Last edited by lightofeast on Mar 25, 2016, 5:57:17 AM
Just an observation:
I noticed that using Avatar of Fire isn't really a huge damage boost (resistance penetration excluded). Wouldn't it be a better option to run without it (but keep using cold to fire in the staff) to benefit from status ailments?

The issue is:
Orb of Storms does lightning damage (without Avatar of Fire) and crits relatively frequently, also, this build has naturally high chances to cause status ailments, hence we could benefit from the added shock ailment that could be caused.

Of course, the alternative option is to leave things as is and use Vaal Lightning Trap
Last edited by Palaryel on Mar 25, 2016, 7:41:51 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

BTW, I have updated the Leveling section with different gem recommendations for leveling after realizing that coloring 3G in WI is silly for just 1-2 days worth of use, and you also want Life Leech until you do Labyrinth. CE now comes in only after getting Asc Berserker (lv 69).

I thought the same about green gems.

My current setup. Level 64 right now. Cold to Fire was Reduced Mana before Avatar of Fire. Reduced Mana helps a lot on lower lvls.

Anyway my question is this; have u tried Golem - Inc. Crit Strikes - Faster Casting - Leech or minion res instead of Orb of storm setup?

f.e;
+2 minion helm = Golem - Crit - Faster - Leech or Minion Ele
4L = CwDT - Inc. Duration - Enfeeble - Immortal Call
4L = Rallying Cry - Inc. Duration - Flame Dash - Faster Casting.

it could be better maybe? Im curious about flame dash - inc duration too. This could be longer flame dash maybe? Can't try tho dont have any inc. duration gems right now.

Aaand, thanks for the build. It's really good. I didnt like the jewel placement lvls, only. 3 turmoil after 90. Amazing dps boost after 90 but its too high imo. My highest char is 90 lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info