[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
phLz wrote:
Well I feel like I should get some shaper's in the first step. They are a good invest for the early late game I feel. You can get them for ~5C right now.

The Atziri's is a different Story... 15E FML

Yeah. Honestly I would prefer a sick set of spiked gloves to ST. You get the Melee damage but can also get attack speed, up to 89 life, flat phys, two resists, etc.

Last season I used rare gloves and had a decent enchant on them.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
phLz wrote:
Well I feel like I should get some shaper's in the first step. They are a good invest for the early late game I feel. You can get them for ~5C right now.

Yeah. Honestly I would prefer a sick set of spiked gloves to ST. You get the Melee damage but can also get attack speed, up to 89 life, flat phys, two resists, etc.

What do you mean by ST?
"
phLz wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
phLz wrote:

What do you mean by ST?

Shaper's Touch (unique gloves that drop off The Shaper)
Just want to let everyone know that I tried the bleed/poison ascendancy nodes and they seemed pretty underwhelming. They are much better suited to a skill with built in AOE like blade flurry so that you can add the poison gem and do a little more work there. I went back to the crit/crit multi nodes and still have the assassinate nodes.
Hi, first of all I would like to congratulate you for a very good build that has helped me get to lvl 67 for the first time in poe :)

I also have a little problem with it and I would like some advice if possible. At the moment, I do good enough dmg for merciless act 2 where I am and I have a decent defense. I have tried to put on the BoR helm but it seems that my defense drops considerably. It BoR mandatory? What do I do with the skills in the armor? Do I renounce them?

Please help
Last edited by ancientee on Dec 19, 2016, 3:49:55 AM
"
ancientee wrote:
Hi, first of all I would like to congratulate you for a very good build that has helped me get to lvl 67 for the first time in poe :)

I also have a little problem with it and I would like some advice if possible. At the moment, I do good enough dmg for merciless act 2 where I am and I have a decent defense. I have tried to put on the BoR helm but it seems that my defense drops considerably. It BoR mandatory? What do I do with the skills in the armor? Do I renounce them?

Please help

Thanks!

By "defense", I assume you are talking about elemental resistances? The life, armor and evasion shouldn't drop too much. Plus you will pick up some block.

Do one of two things for me: either 1) go into your account options and uncheck the box that says "hide all characters" so I can see your skill tree and gear or 2) link your gear here. To link your gear here, create a post, temporarily click on your character's face at the top left of your screen, and then click each piece of gear you are using. Then close the character window and you will see that all of the data is populated in your post.

You likely just need to get some better gear but also get the sockets/links/colors set up properly.
Done. I didn't know it was hidden. Armor dropped some 400 points when I switched to BoR. Life and evasion didn't drop almost at all. Also, cold resist dropped a lot. I am left with 19% now because of the missing chest piece
Last edited by ancientee on Dec 19, 2016, 10:49:00 AM
"
ancientee wrote:
Done. I didn't know it was hidden. Armor dropped some 400 points when I switched to BoR. Life and evasion didn't drop almost at all. Also, cold resist dropped a lot. I am left with 19% now because of the missing chest piece

Ok, your gear needs some work for sure.

Keep in mind that you can go for Nullification (1 point required) and/or Cloth and Chain (2 points required) on the skill tree to boost your resistances, even if it is temporary.

Your gloves and unset ring are the only decent things you are wearing to be honest...and they are mediocre at best. Your BoR has a lower-end life roll too.

You really need to focus on resists though.

I see you went with Bloodseekers vs. Touch of Anguish. They are a good defensive option with the instant leech. I'm curious how much physical damage you are doing per hit with them to see what the numbers add up to. I'm assuming the basic rules of leeching apply as well.

I'd probably start with a better amulet and ring to replace the amethyst one. Really anything will be better than those as long as you maintain enough INT between the two of them.

Hit me up in game if you need help. I should be on this afternoon/evening. I'm on Eastern Time, USA (GMT -5:00).
http://imgur.com/a/Nypre

prints from my dual, lightning and defense
"
ancientee wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/Nypre

prints from my dual, lightning and defense

As I suspected, your resists are very low. Make that a priority.

Did you sent me a request yesterday?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info