[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Rulqu wrote:
"
Acro / PA tree for 3.7:
Pretty much standart tree. Jewel at the top could be removed if you don't have a good one. New Claws of the Pride looks cool. Claw of the Falcon is never worth (as always). You can take the Resourcefulness node any time if you want. Soul of Steel is taken since it's OP and gives an easy acces for the crit multi and Bloodless (23% life for 4 points).

Block is still bad and not worth playing imo. You can get to 75% block and 12% spell block with the Rumi's Concoction, but in this case you are forced to take some meh nodes and block recovery is still a thing. Phase Acrobatics costs 4 points and gives much more protection from the spells, which are the most dangerous source of damage.

That was enlightening. Didn't really know why I was dying. Any gear tips, flasks etc. to support this way of building the tree?

Huh, let's start from the beginning.

I didn't start the dual strike character this league actually since I went for full Frost Blades (I'm too addicted to this skill), but this is my thoughts on how to build this skill in a new patch.

IN MY OPINION (yes, you have to read the text with my next level terrible english, im sorry)
mini-guide
Flask:
1. Divine life flask (instant recovery / immunity to bleeding) - helps against being bursted down, bleeding immunity since corrupted blood (the most dangerous bleed) is easy to see and remove with the flask.
2. Diamond flask (reduced flask charges used / immunity to freezing) - the best DPS flask for the build
3. Quartz flask (reduced flask charges used / immunity to shock) - this flask may look weird, but it's great since it gives another 10% dodge to your 40%/30% from the Acrobatics. Phasing is a good QoL and also you can craft shock immunity on it, which is SO fking GREAT.
4. Taste of Hate - expensive, but awesome flask. Until you can afford it you can use Atziri's Promise.
5. Basalt flask (reduced flask charges used / immunity to curses) - helps with physical damage mitigation.
Immunities and reduced flask charges used are important for survivability, mapping and flask sustaining. You can easily craft immunities with beastiary crafts.

Recommended uniques:
Claws: The Wasp Nest + The Bloodseeker. In this case you can overleech almost everything that doesn't one shot you. Great for survivability
Helmet: The Starkonja's Head. Good and cheap.
Body armour: Belly of the Beast / The Perfect form. Belly is a pretty much standart gear for the build since it's gives solid HP boost. The Perfect form is great and pretty much superior in my opinion.
Gloves: The Shaper's Touch. Get them later in the league when they are super cheap on the softcore and semi-expensive on the hardcore. It might be hard to keep your resistances caped especially if you are running the Perfect form.
Boots: Resistances / life. Don't care about movement speed since you're spamming Whirling Blades.
Rings: Life, resistances. Don't search for rings with added phys, resistances and life. They're going to be really expensive. Just try to find a good ring with the open preffix and craft add phys / life on it. It's much easy almost everytime.
Amulet: Life, resistances, crit multi. Same with the rings. Search for a good one and craft life / add phys on it.

Skills:
Remember, that it doesn't matter in what link you put your buff, it's just easy for me to remember.
3link weapon: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Flesh and Stone (Stone mode for survivability)
3link weapon: Herald of Purity - Herald of Ash - Blood Rage
4link: Frost Blades - Elemental Damage - Ancestral Call - Fortify (it's going to be your clear tool for mobs / legion content). Ancestral Call is OP for clear speed and fortify to keep the buff all the time.
6link: Dual Strike > Melee Physical > Ruthless > Fortify > Maim > Chance to bleed. They are in order of their power. Remember it when you have only 4link or 5link.
4 link: Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Multiple Totems - Melee physical - Culling Strike. It's your bro in every boss fight, legion content or against casual monsters. Warchief buffs your damage really greatly. What about support gems? Culling strike is great for bossing. Multiple totems for totem placement speed and extra DPS. Melee physical is enough to make it deal solid DPS.
4 link: Cast when damage taken (3 level) - Immortal Call - Enfeeble - Precision. Remember to have cast when damage taken low level to trigger gems as often as possible. Also don't forget that cast when damage taken level 3 can support only Immortal Call level 5 and Enfeeble 7, don't forget that otherwise link is going to be wasted.

Comments about this ^:
First, fortify in patch 3.7 became an insane damage support gem. You SHOULD always use it to keep it up all the time and still deal tons of damage.

Second, you actually don't need to use Hatred at the moment since you are able to use Precision, Herald of Purity and Herald of Ash, which give you EVEN MORE damage. Presicion's mana reservation is a flat number, so you can take it even with already 3 buffs taken. Your mana is going to be supa low, so take Druidic Rite (this node is super good actually you can take it whenever you want) if you can't use any skills with 4 buffs up.

Third, why the fk do I suggest to use Flesh and Stone in the Stone mode? Free blind is OP, damage reduction from the enemies are'nt near is OP. Don't get baited into tons of damage, Dual Strike with the Bloodseeker can kill ALOT of stuff if you don't get killed in a second.

Pantheons:
Solaris - damage reduction from single target is fine, chance to take less area damage is GREAT, not taking extra damage from critical strikes if you have taken a critical chance recently is OP, just upgrade this shit and take INSTANLY.
Shakari - immune to poison is ..nice? We take this for the chaos damage reduction. Other minor gods are kinda trash. You can play with the Tukohama's pantheon if you want to, also you can take soul of Ryslatha in the lab since it's cool for facerolling through the traps.

Also a note.
Also you can play Dual Strike with the Trickster ascendancy. Personally, I felt in love with it and never ever touched the Assassin class. But It depends on your preferences.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jun 11, 2019, 3:17:57 PM
"
miniguide

Super awesome! I'll definitely try some of that. I'm Assasin ascendancy though but I'll adjust.
"
Rulqu wrote:
"
miniguide

Super awesome! I'll definitely try some of that. I'm Assasin ascendancy though but I'll adjust.

I fixed some mistakes in it, dunno if you saw them. You can always hit me in the direct messages or post any questions or feedback here, I check this thread from time to time
Fortify is better than multistrike?
"
Tym3k2 wrote:
Fortify is better than multistrike?

Yes, for sure. Fortify provides insane QoL and damage, meanwhile Multistrike is clunky and buggy atm. Having Fortify support in the Frost Blades and the Dual Strike links allows you to drop it from Whirling Blades. Also Whirling Blades manacost becomes really low for spamming.

Also, I do know that the Impale stacking is a new meta for melee builds, but I don't think it's a viable way of building assassin / trickster. You spend too much points just to get into the Impale zone and in this case you will miss tons of decent nodes.

Taking up the Impale nodes is best for Duelist / Marauder in my opinion.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jun 12, 2019, 8:13:19 AM
can u plz update skill tree 3.7?:) ty a lot
"
secka wrote:
can u plz update skill tree 3.7?:) ty a lot

Standart
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAYBAKLZAef8SxiR3Iws6cGgbIx4GTrhJpWjijpCRfT-ul8_Sou9XbyfNug8_ow2tUgj9r6n3ahHfpMPnaoZtITZpAVgQXBSYeJLeORRMjLTfiT9mheSgDBxpldN45cI8kXy5uLVpBl9dXX9FE3AGtmGhrONfe96G_oNjVvTN9SNgf6PYqwV_W1sY3AG58LsvTb2oxewTZLuDti91geKOMjwFSAwfP4Kk5D8xWSvh3btP29XhG8QkonTLYMl37xv_97BBHGw7w42PbXyZU0jNlMQUEffoLDYrWVKfe1BeWjUQngN1CNvOzWSBbVVS7TFFCBRR-dUd-Opbha_jb9YrwHc

Impale
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAYBAKLZAef8SxiR3Iws6cGgbIx4GSaVo4o6QhpVRfT-ul8_Sou9XbyfNug8_ow2tUgj9oWPvqfdqEd-kw-dqhm0hNmkBXBSYeJLeORRMjLTfiT9mheSgDBxlwjy5uLVpBl9dXX9FE3AGtmGhrONfe96G_oNjVvTN9SNgWKsFf1tbAbnOlLC7L029qMXsE2S7g7scdi91geKODsU0CzI8BUgn4mDLjB8k5D8xWSvh3btP29XhG8QkonTLYMl37xv_97BBHGw7w4j6jY9tfJlTSM2UxBQR9-gsNitZUp97UF5aNRCeA3UI287NZIFtVVLtMUUIFFH51R346luFr-Nv1ivAdw=

Notes:
1. Druidic Rite - really good situational node. Allows you to manage the flasks better and expand the manapool since it's going to be low due to reservation from precision + flesh and stone + herald of purity + herald of ash / dread banner
2. If you don't have enough intelligence and can't reach it by amulet / ring, go for the Primal Spirit / Coldhearted Calculation.
3. Crystal skin is a decent defensive node against elemental damage, but seems meh for me.

Feel free to ask anything
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jun 18, 2019, 2:45:26 AM
What do you think this build would look like with daggers in 3.7?
"
PrinceJudar wrote:
What do you think this build would look like with daggers in 3.7?

Don't
Need update Please !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info