[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
bakedbeaudin wrote:
Done

Yo, I'm late.

All items are kinda meh. You can easily find much better items. Belt is like ultra omega alpha garbage trash.

Add Immortal Call to the CWDT setup.

Change the flask setup. I wrote about it a few message above.
Hi all,
So far this build is extremely fun for me, absolutely joy to play.
However, this is my first character in Path of exile so im pretty positive I've done some wrong, was wondering if someone could take a look on my character and advice.

Many thanks :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GutiElMago/characters
"
GutiElMago wrote:
Hi all,
However, this is my first character in Path of exile so im pretty positive I've done some wrong, was wondering if someone could take a look on my character and advice.

Hey.
1. Change your gloves, belt, rings, amulet and belt for the better ones. You can easily find cheap upgrade. Focus on resistances and HP, you can craft phys dmg added by yourself on rings and amulet. Shaper's Touch is cheap on SC I think and this gloves is nuts.
2. Change summon ice golem for Blood Rage.
3. Try to get atleast 5link Dual Strike. Support gems are: Melee physical, Multistrike, Ruthless, Maim
4. Change your Lightning Strike gems. Support gems are: Multistrike, Ancestral Call, Maim (maximum clear speed setup) or Multistrike, Curse on hit, Warlord's mark / Assassin's Mark (utility). Warlord's mark is safer option depending on your preferences.
5. You have free slots in your helmet and gloves.
First one. Cast when damage taken (keep it as low level gem, read about it in the guide), Increased Duration, Immortal Call, Enfeeble / Temporal Chains. This one will give you alot of survivability against monsters mainly.

Second one, Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Multiple totems, Melee physical, Concentrated Effect. This one should be use as a huge DPS increase on the bosses or some difficult stuff also it's good for clearing breaches.
6. Your flask setup should be:
a) Divine Life Flask (instant recovery / bleeding immunity)
b) Diamond flask (reduced flask charges used / freeze immunity)
c) Flex spot - you can use Atziri's Promise / Sin's Rebirth / Lion's Roar / Bottled Faith or Jade / Quartz / Stibnite.
d) Taste of Hate (it's kinda expensive, so use stibnite or Sin's Rebirth if you can afford it till you buy ToH)
e) Basalt flask (reduced flask charges used / curse immunity)
7. Change nodes in the beginning of the skill tree. You have wasted 3 points on the physical and chaos damage nodes.
Get better a jewel on the bottom around the Golem's Blood. So it should have atleast % life and some good damage stats. In the end of the league it shouldn't cost too much.

Last edited by crown_is_heavy on May 6, 2019, 11:13:34 AM
"
"
GutiElMago wrote:
Hi all,

Hey.
1. Change your gloves, belt, rings, amulet and belt for the better ones. You can easily find cheap upgrade. Focus on resistances and HP, you can craft phys dmg added by yourself on rings and amulet. Shaper's Touch is cheap on SC I think and this gloves is nuts.
3. Try to get atleast 5link Dual Strike. Support gems are: Melee physical, Multistrike, Ruthless, Maim
4. Change your Lightning Strike gems. Support gems are: Multistrike, Ancestral Call, Maim (maximum clear speed setup) or Multistrike, Curse on hit, Warlord's mark / Assassin's Mark (utility). Warlord's mark is safer option depending on your preferences.
First one. Cast when damage taken (keep it as low level gem, read about it in the guide), Increased Duration, Immortal Call, Enfeeble / Temporal Chains. This one will give you alot of survivability against monsters mainly.

Second one, Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Multiple totems, Melee physical, Concentrated Effect. This one should be use as a huge DPS increase on the bosses or some difficult stuff also it's good for clearing breaches.
c) Flex spot - you can use Atziri's Promise / Sin's Rebirth / Lion's Roar / Bottled Faith or Jade / Quartz / Stibnite.
d) Taste of Hate (it's kinda expensive, so use stibnite or Sin's Rebirth if you can afford it till you buy ToH)
7. Change nodes in the beginning of the skill tree. You have wasted 3 points on the physical and chaos damage nodes.
Get better a jewel on the bottom around the Golem's Blood. So it should have atleast % life and some good damage stats. In the end of the league it shouldn't cost too much.

Wow, I'm extremely grateful for this reponse.
I do have some questions tho:
1. You've named belt twice, did you meant shoes instead?
4. I'm using Frost Blades, should i replace this?
"
GutiElMago wrote:
"
"
GutiElMago wrote:
Hi all,

Hey.

Wow, I'm extremely grateful for this reponse.
I do have some questions tho:
1. You've named belt twice, did you meant shoes instead?
4. I'm using Frost Blades, should i replace this?

1. Yes, I was wrong
4. Nope, Frost blade is a really good skill. I prefer it over the Lightning Strike, I just confused them
Melee buffs Pepega
This build is really fun to play.
Will You update it to 3.7?
I gonna play this build[3.7].

Dual Strike
Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 125% at gem level 1 (from 58%), up to 170% at gem level 20 (from 104%).
Now has 50% increased critical strike chance at gem level 1, up to 107% at gem level 20.
Now has 100% more critical strike chance against enemies that are on full life.
Now deals 30% more damage with hits and ailments against enemies that are on full life.
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70%.
Now gains +0.5% to critical strike multiplier and 1% increased critical strike chance per 1% quality (previously 0.5% increased attack speed per 1% quality).
Last edited by Tym3k2 on Jun 6, 2019, 9:37:21 AM
Acro / PA tree for 3.7:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAYBAFuvotkB5_xLGJHcjLXywaAFLWyMeBl34yaVo4o6QkX0_rpfP0qLvV0jNt-gPP6MNrVII_a-p92oR36dqoTZLlPtQbDYcFJh4kt45FEyMleXJP0byJKAMHH_3pcI8ubi1fzFfXV1_RRNwBrZho1973ob-g2NW9M31BCSYqyXeRX9bWxjcEMxwuy9NotPZK_WB4nT034oKk2SUEfuDm872L2KODWSvJ9lTWBB8Yp07U4q2sFKfa1lmhftPzB8UUfnVI2_F7CHds_db1dVSxa_EdW8bwHcwQR5aHrvWK82PSXfUxCNgXgNTP_UQtQjBbWTD7TFk5A26BQg7w7Tb6QZhG-pbg==

Pretty much standart tree. Jewel at the top could be removed if you don't have a good one. New Claws of the Pride looks cool. Claw of the Falcon is never worth (as always). You can take the Resourcefulness node any time if you want. Soul of Steel is taken since it's OP and gives an easy acces for the crit multi and Bloodless (23% life for 4 points).

Block is still bad and not worth playing imo. You can get to 75% block and 12% spell block with the Rumi's Concoction, but in this case you are forced to take some meh nodes and block recovery is still a thing. Phase Acrobatics costs 4 points and gives much more protection from the spells, which are the most dangerous source of damage.
"
Acro / PA tree for 3.7:
Pretty much standart tree. Jewel at the top could be removed if you don't have a good one. New Claws of the Pride looks cool. Claw of the Falcon is never worth (as always). You can take the Resourcefulness node any time if you want. Soul of Steel is taken since it's OP and gives an easy acces for the crit multi and Bloodless (23% life for 4 points).

Block is still bad and not worth playing imo. You can get to 75% block and 12% spell block with the Rumi's Concoction, but in this case you are forced to take some meh nodes and block recovery is still a thing. Phase Acrobatics costs 4 points and gives much more protection from the spells, which are the most dangerous source of damage.

That was enlightening. Didn't really know why I was dying. Any gear tips, flasks etc. to support this way of building the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info