[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

i get some level and now over 5100 hp, i change amulet for flat dmg too, and i was lucky to craft this

(1.86 aps - Pdps 376 not know about crit) but again i have very low dps (around 192k).

I try any combination for have more dps and i wonder that a simple 2c

do quite the same dps damage.

i also know that with 30% quality on the first claws i must have around +270% dmg not listed, but really i don't know how reach 3milion dps

P.S: i have no more space on key for set all the suggested skill

mouse1 = Ds
Mouse2 = Blood rage
mouse3 = whirling Blade

q = Lightning s.
W = Ancestral toten
E = vaal haste
R = Herald of purity
T = Hatred.

There is no space for Vaal grace, for example.
Last edited by Homo_Lupo_Lupis on Apr 13, 2019, 7:33:40 AM
"
i get some level and now over 5100 hp, i change amulet for flat dmg too, and i was lucky to craft this

(1.86 aps - Pdps 376 not know about crit) but again i have very low dps (around 192k).

I try any combination for have more dps and i wonder that a simple 2c

do quite the same dps damage.

i also know that with 30% quality on the first claws i must have around +270% dmg not listed, but really i don't know how reach 3milion dps

P.S: i have no more space on key for set all the suggested skill

mouse1 = Ds
Mouse2 = Blood rage
mouse3 = whirling Blade

q = Lightning s.
W = Ancestral toten
E = vaal haste
R = Herald of purity
T = Hatred.

There is no space for Vaal grace, for example.

You don't need to have herald of purity / hatred on the bindings. Use them and switch for any other skill
Hey, so I started playing POE three weeks ago and I've been using your guide and really enjoying myself. I do have a couple questions, and I apologize if they've been asked before, but I didn't want to read through 186 pages to see if someone had asked them :)

I've done pretty well for myself as far as money and luck goes, so I've gotten some pretty good gear, but I have a couple questions that are probably pretty noob:

I just got a 6L Belly of the Beast and have put my dual strike + support gems on it instead of my BoR. This leaves me with 4 sockets on my helm free, and I'm not entirely sure what the best stuff to put in there would be.

I see that some people use 2x Cast when Damage Taken, is that something that could be done? It seems attractive to me as less active skills are easier for a braindead new player like me.

Speaking of CWDT, after doing some research and reading your guide, it seems like there is a benefit to not leveling your gem? I've been leveling it the whole time and it's now at level 19, should I reset back to level 1? After doing some research on the wiki, I still don't really get the concept of why you should leave it low leveled. Also, some poeple run 2x CWDT with a low and high level gem? If that's what you think I should run, what gems would you recommend for the high/low gems.

Also, since I just got BoTB, I'm now well overcapped on some resists, is there a stat I should be really prioritizing when I buy some new rings/amulets/gear?

Last question, and I know you've answered this before but I'm a little confused. You mention not needing your auras/buffs on the hot bar -- but when you die do you just have to click through to activate them again or is there a shortcut that I've missed?

Thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/buttstripe/characters
"
buttstripe wrote:
Hey, so I started playing POE three weeks ago and I've been using your guide and really enjoying myself. I do have a couple questions, and I apologize if they've been asked before, but I didn't want to read through 186 pages to see if someone had asked them :)

I've done pretty well for myself as far as money and luck goes, so I've gotten some pretty good gear, but I have a couple questions that are probably pretty noob:

I just got a 6L Belly of the Beast and have put my dual strike + support gems on it instead of my BoR. This leaves me with 4 sockets on my helm free, and I'm not entirely sure what the best stuff to put in there would be.

I see that some people use 2x Cast when Damage Taken, is that something that could be done? It seems attractive to me as less active skills are easier for a braindead new player like me.

Speaking of CWDT, after doing some research and reading your guide, it seems like there is a benefit to not leveling your gem? I've been leveling it the whole time and it's now at level 19, should I reset back to level 1? After doing some research on the wiki, I still don't really get the concept of why you should leave it low leveled. Also, some poeple run 2x CWDT with a low and high level gem? If that's what you think I should run, what gems would you recommend for the high/low gems.

Also, since I just got BoTB, I'm now well overcapped on some resists, is there a stat I should be really prioritizing when I buy some new rings/amulets/gear?

Last question, and I know you've answered this before but I'm a little confused. You mention not needing your auras/buffs on the hot bar -- but when you die do you just have to click through to activate them again or is there a shortcut that I've missed?

Thanks!

Hey, Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Multiple totems - Melee physical - Conc Effect is a huge DPS boost.

Also:
1. Change Elemental damage for Attack speed / Cast speed in the beginning of the skill tree.
2. Change Elemental Focus and nodes near it for the Assassination and Critical chance nodes.
3. Change your path to the Soul Raker. You should go through the critical chance / multiplier nodes and not through the poison ones.
4. Change your flask setup.
a. Divine life flask (instant recovery / bleeding immunity)
b. Diamond flask (reduced flask charges used / freezing immunity)
c. Flex spot - Atziri's Promise / Sin's Rebirth / Lion's Roar / Jade flask / Quartz flask
d. Taste of Hate
e. Basalt flask (reduced flask charges used / curse immunity)
Get 20% quality on all of them.
5. I would also suggest to change support gems of the Ligthning Strike. Ancestral Call and Maim is going to be nuts.
"
"
buttstripe wrote:

Thanks!

Hey, Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Multiple totems - Melee physical - Conc Effect is a huge DPS boost.

Also:
1. Change Elemental damage for Attack speed / Cast speed in the beginning of the skill tree.
2. Change Elemental Focus and nodes near it for the Assassination and Critical chance nodes.
3. Change your path to the Soul Raker. You should go through the critical chance / multiplier nodes and not through the poison ones.
4. Change your flask setup.
a. Divine life flask (instant recovery / bleeding immunity)
b. Diamond flask (reduced flask charges used / freezing immunity)
c. Flex spot - Atziri's Promise / Sin's Rebirth / Lion's Roar / Jade flask / Quartz flask
d. Taste of Hate
e. Basalt flask (reduced flask charges used / curse immunity)
Get 20% quality on all of them.
5. I would also suggest to change support gems of the Ligthning Strike. Ancestral Call and Maim is going to be nuts.

Damn, thanks man. I had totally forgotten that I had screwed up some of my skill tree at the very beginning. I fixed everything and added what you suggested and I think I'm up about 80k dps, maybe even more with warchief which I haven't really experimented with that much.

Thanks!
I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE GIVING ADVICE ON THIS BUILD THATS DIFERENT THEN THE ORIGINAL , IM NEW PLAYER ON PS4 BEEN PLAYINF FOR A WEEK LVL 61. QUESTION IS SHOULD I STICK TOO THE ORIGINAL BUILD OR GO MORE FOR WHAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THE COMMENTS

LIKE FOR LIGHNING STRIKE PEOPLE ARE SAYING USING ANCESTRAL CALL AND MAIN INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL BUILD OF MULTITRIKE CURSE ON HIT AND MARK OF SOMETHIN (LOL)

ALSO SHOULD I GO FOR BOR HELMET OR BETTER WITH A 6 SOCKET ARMOR WITH A DIF HELMET IM NOT LVL 67 FOR BOR HELEMT YET BUT JUST GETTING HEAD START BEFORE GETTING THERE

I AM NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS SO FAR BLASTING THROW EVERYTHING IN MY PATH EXCEPT FOR BOSS THAT I HAVE TOO DO A BIT OF DODGING WITH ARE MOVEMENT SKILL BUT STILL DESCENTLY EASY

THANKS
"
bakedbeaudin wrote:
I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE GIVING ADVICE ON THIS BUILD THATS DIFERENT THEN THE ORIGINAL , IM NEW PLAYER ON PS4 BEEN PLAYINF FOR A WEEK LVL 61. QUESTION IS SHOULD I STICK TOO THE ORIGINAL BUILD OR GO MORE FOR WHAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THE COMMENTS

LIKE FOR LIGHNING STRIKE PEOPLE ARE SAYING USING ANCESTRAL CALL AND MAIN INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL BUILD OF MULTITRIKE CURSE ON HIT AND MARK OF SOMETHIN (LOL)

ALSO SHOULD I GO FOR BOR HELMET OR BETTER WITH A 6 SOCKET ARMOR WITH A DIF HELMET IM NOT LVL 67 FOR BOR HELEMT YET BUT JUST GETTING HEAD START BEFORE GETTING THERE

I AM NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS SO FAR BLASTING THROW EVERYTHING IN MY PATH EXCEPT FOR BOSS THAT I HAVE TOO DO A BIT OF DODGING WITH ARE MOVEMENT SKILL BUT STILL DESCENTLY EASY

THANKS

I suggest to try Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Maim because it's better in my opinion and not because it's always better. Say_Ten guide is awesome and you follow it without any worries.

BoR is worse than good 6 link, but better than bad 6 link. So it depends on what exactly you are going to use as a 6 link chest.

I can check your build when I will be home if u want to
"
"
bakedbeaudin wrote:

THANKS

I suggest to try Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Maim because it's better in my opinion and not because it's always better. Say_Ten guide is awesome and you follow it without any worries.

BoR is worse than good 6 link, but better than bad 6 link. So it depends on what exactly you are going to use as a 6 link chest.

Ya sure would not mind that second opinion is never a bad thing thanks
"
bakedbeaudin wrote:
"
"
bakedbeaudin wrote:

THANKS

Ya sure would not mind that second opinion is never a bad thing thanks

Change the privacy settings so I can see the character list.
Done

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info