[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

I might have, I was looking for something don t remember what... I have made some upgrades... and this is how I stand now.

I think it's a little better. I am constrained by the lack of intelligence at the moment...
Last edited by ancientee on Dec 20, 2016, 7:44:25 AM
"
ancientee wrote:
I might have, I was looking for something don t remember what... I have made some upgrades... and this is how I stand now.

I think it's a little better. I am constrained by the lack of intelligence at the moment...

My wife says that about me sometimes

Don't forget you can always temporarily take a +30 INT node on the tree
:)) Forgot to seek those points on the passive tree. Thanks
Is there a big difference between using Dual Strike or Wild Strike?

Single target melee skills just dont feel right in this game. I feel like half the time I am just missing and wasting mana.

So if I switch to WS do I need to change the build or is it just interchangeable with DS? Same gem links? Gear? Is the dmg the same also?
Last edited by ivqancorp on Dec 21, 2016, 8:31:04 AM
"
ivqancorp wrote:
Is there a big difference between using Dual Strike or Wild Strike?

Single target melee skills just dont feel right in this game. I feel like half the time I am just missing and wasting mana.

So if I switch to WS do I need to change the build or is it just interchangeable with DS? Same gem links? Gear? Is the dmg the same also?

DS does more damage but you have to link it to Splash for AOE whereas you will get AOE out of WS inherently. Also I believe HoA and Hatred would be basing their values on only 40% of your damage instead of all of it.

However, WS is a drop in replacement or alternative. I like focusing on physical damage as the entire base damage to scale off of but it's your call. You can even try frost blades too. I think both of the skills mentioned could be replacements for LS too but they lack the range of LS. So I have considered all this but like my setup the best.

If you haven't tried dual strike with 20/20 Splash and HoA, do so. The AOE is good.
I havent tried DS at higher lvls and links. Right now I just have a 4-link. Maybe things will change once I get BoR and more links and higher quality gems. I'll keep at it. Thanks.
I'm trying this build. I like it so far, although I'm nowhere close to 500k dps. I'm almost 67, so i can start using the BoR. But once i lose my current helm and armor my res is going to be terrible. I was debating spending the 2 passives to gain Clothe and Chain, for some extra res and evasion.

If could you please review my character Soul_Incantation I would greatly appreciate it!
"
Obsideo666 wrote:
I'm trying this build. I like it so far, although I'm nowhere close to 500k dps. I'm almost 67, so i can start using the BoR. But once i lose my current helm and armor my res is going to be terrible. I was debating spending the 2 passives to gain Clothe and Chain, for some extra res and evasion.

If could you please review my character Soul_Incantation I would greatly appreciate it!

600k is tough to get to in general, you will need really good weapons for that.

200k is easy with cheap weapons.

Once you put on the BoR, you will get 20-30 flat phys, which is HUGE. You also need jewelry with flat phys to crank the DPS. The unique ones you have are ok but won't cut it in the endgame. You can also get attack speed and flat phys on gloves.

Pick up an Atziri's Promise flask for cheap...lot of dps there. Ditch the silver that I think I saw you running.

Finally, the swap to Touch of Anguish claws, when you decide to invest, will also boost your dps a lot.
Thanks for the reply. Ill post my offensive and defensive stats once i hit the proper levels. I already have 1 TOA claw, so i'm almost there.

EDIT:
Ok I got the BoR on, and the TOA. Much better dps.. with charges I'm pulling close to 43k. But now my resistance is complete trash. And I'm going to have to completely change my gearing setup to gain more resistance.

Is your only source of Endurance charges from warlords mark??

GREAT guide you have made, easy to follow, and everything pretty much makes sense. (except the 500k dps :P) Thanks for keeping it updated and replying!
Last edited by Obsideo666 on Dec 22, 2016, 12:29:19 PM
"
Obsideo666 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Ill post my offensive and defensive stats once i hit the proper levels. I already have 1 TOA claw, so i'm almost there.

EDIT:
Ok I got the BoR on, and the TOA. Much better dps.. with charges I'm pulling close to 43k. But now my resistance is complete trash. And I'm going to have to completely change my gearing setup to gain more resistance.

Is your only source of Endurance charges from warlords mark??

GREAT guide you have made, easy to follow, and everything pretty much makes sense. (except the 500k dps :P) Thanks for keeping it updated and replying!

You have a chance to get endurance charges on block with the BoR.

Yes, capping resists can be a bit overwhelming but it is also required with every build for the most part...and some use multiple unique armor pieces.

Feel free to hit me up if you're having trouble and thanks for the feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info