[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
phLz wrote:
Hey,

I stopped playing for several years and after coming back, I tried your build and I must say I LOVE IT OHMAGERD!

just one question tho: What do you think about going for Wild strike over Lightning Strike. Any thoughts?

I love the random element effect instead of going full lightning.

Cheers

For me, personally, WS is a fun skill but there is not enough range. Since LS is 50% physical, you could try swapping Dual Strike for WS. One of my friends was doing that with my build and having fun.

Leagues ago, I ran a Ranger Wild Striker with Bino's and Lioneye's shield and it was a good time...but RIP Bino's life regen.
Hey,

thanks for the reply. that could be a good alternative!

I'll see how it goes with swapping DS for WS

Cheers mate!
Hey, great build. Anything with whirling blades+fortify is a winner in my book. I love the AOE, whirl to another pack, AOE again playstyle. It's also nice that you can drop the quicksilver flask. I just wanted to say that the build really comes online when you five link up to melee splash. Once you have that going, dual strike becomes your main pack clearing skill, and lightning strike is basically for applying curses and clearing trash mobs. I'm in act 3 merci now, and I'm looking forward to what I'll be capable of once I can dump some serious currency into the build. Mana issues are annoying, but that's pretty much a QOL problem that can be solved by getting elereon rings.

Also, what gems do you recommend spending GCP on first?
Last edited by nickajeglin on Dec 8, 2016, 7:34:03 PM
"
nickajeglin wrote:
Hey, great build. Anything with whirling blades+fortify is a winner in my book. I love the AOE, whirl to another pack, AOE again playstyle. It's also nice that you can drop the quicksilver flask. I just wanted to say that the build really comes online when you five link up to melee splash. Once you have that going, dual strike becomes your main pack clearing skill, and lightning strike is basically for applying curses and clearing trash mobs. I'm in act 3 merci now, and I'm looking forward to what I'll be capable of once I can dump some serious currency into the build. Mana issues are annoying, but that's pretty much a QOL problem that can be solved by getting elereon rings.

Also, what gems do you recommend spending GCP on first?

Yes, Elreon rings surely help but once you start doing enough damage, even the little bit of leech from the tree in that claw node does the trick. Wait til you put on a BoR...party time.

I generally don't spend GCPs on gems unless they are around 15% or higher (from natural drops). I might be a bit more frivolous at the end of a league but that's what I do.

That being said, almost all of them are worth getting to q20 except hatred, which just gets you aura effect radius, and ice golem, which gives the golem more life or damage. I usually flip them all except hatred though.

You can also eventually Vaal a 20/20 gen to try to get extra quality or an extra skill level.
For mana problems I started out using Elreon's rings, but eventually found that just 0.4% mana leech was enough to solve all my mana problems.

Thanks for the awesome build Say_Ten. I've played off and on over the years since beta, current coming back after about a 8 month break. This is my favorite build I've used by far.
Last edited by Ageous on Dec 8, 2016, 10:52:33 PM
"
Ageous wrote:
For mana problems I started out using Elreon's rings, but eventually found that just 0.4% mana leech was enough to solve all my mana problems.

Thanks for the awesome build Say_Ten. I've played off and on over the years since beta, current coming back after about a 8 month break. This is my favorite build I've used by far.

<666
added a couple more notes in the gear section for people who are following the guide
Last edited by Say_Ten on Dec 9, 2016, 7:24:21 AM

I'm ez die , pls help me , I should buy these items to become stronger and better survival
"

I'm ez die when kill boss or in Breach , pls help me , I should buy these items to become stronger and better survival
1) So am I supposed to be focusing on armor or evasion on gear?

2) Also, if we did want to focus on evasion should we grab phase and acrobat on tree? we go right past it.

3) if we pick up vaal pact, and that takes away any regen, aside from the issue with bloodrage degen, would we also lose the regen from endurance charges? I think for an up close build like this vaal pact would really help with reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info