[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

Please inspect my gear. I have decent clear speed but terrible survive-ability. I am beyond a "glass cannon" :'). Should i switch out my helmet/mali's? Furthermore, I know you suggested Lightning coil, but is there anyway i can still be tanky with Tabula Rasa.

Thanks,

Adam.

only 3 pieces of your gear have life and you seem to be lacking resists? Look for more defensive jewelry and/or swap out the rats nest/maligaro's for some rare pieces.
Goin with that built. Modified a little bit, at least for moment, than i get all pieces of gear, not decide yet.
I spend 5 points for leech mana and life.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQMeBAcFLQW1Bx4NjQ3RDkgQkhEvEZYWvx9BIG4hdiM2I9Mj9iT9JpUqCypbKwotHy5TMHEwfDIyNj031DpCQzFFfElRSn1LeEyzTP9Nkk4qUDBRR1LsUxBVS1XGW69d8mHiYqxjQ2VNakNrF2yMbydwUnTtdct_xoJeg9uGzod2idOK8Iw2jX2Nfo2_j2CVIJUul5eaap2qoqOjiqR4sKu0OLTFvG-86r02vqfAVMEzwdXB88LsxILNmNAf02_UI9ZY2Ybawdte3aje-OOE45_lGedU6mLrY-0_7g7v6_DV-_X8xf_e
Goin without frenzy for now, using a double Vaal Haste with Inc. Duration, and shoot in all that move or look strange. All walls in arrows :)
Done double boss in Crematorium Map, it was a fun fight. Lab done pretty fast. Also use balista for taunt enemy, like totem.
Crit chance on Berrage with 6 power charges is about 95%, so high to guarantee proc for ring Gift from Above, healing ground and mf.
Current gear:
Spoiler

Very fun build, thanks.
Without Lightning coil, this build is glass cannon,even with capped resists on merciless. It's a nice build for dried lake farming, but I wouldn't say it's viable for high tier maps.

Reflect is a big issue, it makes it an even bigger issue because of it's insanely high attack speed, where holding down barrage for an extra second longer can get you killed. I've played reflect prone characters before, but this build is so extremely prone to it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the build, but this build will not allow you to progress on to red maps.
Last edited by theeze on Mar 28, 2016, 11:58:48 AM
"
theeze wrote:
Without Lightning coil, this build is glass cannon,even with capped resists on merciless. It's a nice build for dried lake farming, but I wouldn't say it's viable for high tier maps.

Reflect is a big issue, it makes it an even bigger issue because of it's insanely high attack speed, where holding down barrage for an extra second longer can get you killed. I've played reflect prone characters before, but this build is so extremely prone to it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the build, but this build will not allow you to progress on to red maps.

If you have issues with reflect it is because you aren't taking the necessary precautions (cwdt + ic, basalt and topaz flask). As long as you play responsibly reflect is not an issue. Reflect maps is a no go though.

Besides, I played this build with a tabula in tier 11 maps and did fine, obviously this is not optimal and it is for that reason I recommend a Lightning Coil. With this, you will be absolutely fine for high tier maps.

Based on feedback and my own experience (streamed this in high tier maps for a few weeks) this build is more than capable to run high tier maps.

If you have having issues with survivability it is a matter of upgrading your gear :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 28, 2016, 12:46:48 PM
@LiftingNerdBro

do video with Atziri please
"
SathMenthu wrote:
@LiftingNerdBro

do video with Atziri please

This. Please do Atziri for us! Also can you showcase the gear you wear and your stats in the beginning of the video? Like tooltip of skills and your defense, thanks!

For those who are dying to reflect, do you recommend Vaal Pact?
Last edited by Apolloco on Mar 28, 2016, 7:01:56 PM
So you can see in this thread there's a lot of talk about reflect damage including a couple posts from myself. LiftingNerdBro is fairly insistent that there shouldn't be a problem with reflect but I think there is.

To clarify I'm not talking about reflect maps, I'm talking about getting huge damage spikes, sometimes from offscreen from rare mobs which causes problems because I might take a chunk of damage before I hit the pots or by trying to keep pots up 100% sometimes I get stuck in a situation where I'm out of pots and can't shoot to kill trash mobs because the sparks are taking chunks out of my damage from near by reflect rares.

I am running CWDT and all defensive measures in the build but I was still very uncomfortable playing further in Hardcore (I played to level 77, tier 8 maps). In a beyond map I nearly died to reflect damage spawning and putting me in an awkward situation without enough charges in my pots. At that point I started trying things out and posting in this thread for advice (including vaal pact which doesn't work, at least not without significant changes to the build).

I ditched the build and started leveling a new character because I could't imagine doing the Atziri split phase safely with this character as it was right now and I really wanted to kill Atziri this league. I'm not saying LNB is wrong or even lying just that I personally had a lot of trouble managing the damage.

Anyway the good news is someone posted in this thread to try Voltaxic + ball lightning instead of ethereal knives and that totally fixed the build for me. I've only leveled 1 level so far using it but it seemed great so

tl:dr save up for a voltaxic if you are having trouble with reflect like I was
Last edited by mrcrocker on Mar 28, 2016, 10:43:55 PM
"
mrcrocker wrote:
So you can see in this thread there's a lot of talk about reflect damage including a couple posts from myself. LiftingNerdBro is fairly insistent that there shouldn't be a problem with reflect but I think there is.

To clarify I'm not talking about reflect maps, I'm talking about getting huge damage spikes, sometimes from offscreen from rare mobs which causes problems because I might take a chunk of damage before I hit the pots or by trying to keep pots up 100% sometimes I get stuck in a situation where I'm out of pots and can't shoot to kill trash mobs because the sparks are taking chunks out of my damage from near by reflect rares.

I am running CWDT and all defensive measures in the build but I was still very uncomfortable playing further in Hardcore (I played to level 77, tier 8 maps). In a beyond map I nearly died to reflect damage spawning and putting me in an awkward situation without enough charges in my pots. At that point I started trying things out and posting in this thread for advice (including vaal pact which doesn't work, at least not without significant changes to the build).

I ditched the build and started leveling a new character because I could't imagine doing the Atziri split phase safely with this character as it was right now and I really wanted to kill Atziri this league. I'm not saying LNB is wrong or even lying just that I personally had a lot of trouble managing the damage.

Anyway the good news is someone posted in this thread to try Voltaxic + ball lightning instead of ethereal knives and that totally fixed the build for me. I've only leveled 1 level so far using it but it seemed great so

tl:dr save up for a voltaxic if you are having trouble with reflect like I was

Fair enough mate, best of luck with the new build :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Amazing and really fun to play build, great work LNB.

Just one doubt: does it worth getting a Drillneck with "Adds an additional Arrow" vs standar Arrow Piercing?

Thanks!
Last edited by M4nW1th0utF34r on Mar 29, 2016, 8:58:47 AM
Do you think its a great idea to swap out rare gloves for mali gloves?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info