[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
Bars wrote:
"
Is this build useless now after CoC nerfs ?

Yes, completely.

its not completely useless , it might not be the OP meta build but i played around with mine and it was still breezing through most maps easily, so no its not "useless" just not as good as before , jeez
hey nerd bro, i am just getting back into the game after a long time is this build still viable? Thanks for the guide!
"
Gell wrote:
"
TheCimmerian wrote:
Just tested with my prophecy character in standard now after the update. The build is still working and fun, but overall it's a bit slower than before the nerfs. Especially boss fights took a bit longer and I didn't test maps above tier 12. Sadly, my favorite build isn't my strongest anymore :/

I suppose now, with the more modifier on CoC gem, it could use a third linked spell (instead of pierce?) and having elemental equilibrium + perhaps some AoE nodes. Much slower casts, it wouldn't be an endless swarm of small hits, but rather a smaller amount of big hits that pack real power. Perhaps fireball, arctic breath (or frostbolt?) and.. well, ball lightning I guess? Just gotta make sure two fireballs/breaths won't land consecutively.

That way it could easily mean having a ~2.75x more compared to what would have been possible before (with these spells).

Though I wonder how that would compare to this old spark+ek, especially with the aoe coverage, spark going around corners, getting random stragglers and such.

I agree on using more linked skills, but I would say this makes Quill Rain irrelevant for this build. A bow with simply good attack speed and higher base crit chance than the 5% of Quill Rain should be a much better option.
I decided to give it a try and it is still a very fun build. Even with the nerf it is as strong as lot of builds I have tried. Also if I get bored I can always use some of the gear and roll a EA.
Question for you though Nerd.. How do I get a volley fire jewel. The are selling but super expensive. Is it drop only or can I craft or get as a quest reward?
Thanks for the great guide!
hvordan er buildet i 2.4 nu hvor CoC er blevet nerfet :)?
is the build still good? now that my character is on standard league from perandus league? just planning to play again
How would a Lionseye Glare work in comparison to a Quill Rain?
Hi dudes!

Would this build still be worth it ?
Would it do maps up to tier 15/16 ?
With 6 link Quill rain bow , what gens i use in bow to increase my dps ?
looking to sell this badboy
in LHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info