[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
frenchlion wrote:
hi,

1. why not use something like glacial cascade instead of spark? (or a skill with better dps)
GC deals phys damage & cold damage

2. any ES version ? (CI or low life) this one is squishy as hell

i suppose we could remove some of the frenzy charges to get better life or ES (power charges are enough, and coming instantly thanks to the ascendancy class, i don't feel any difference with frenzy charges tho so we can probably get rid of these nodes and take some defense)

thx!

1. the fact that the build uses a lot of projectile speed/damage and that the glacial cascade skill is not a projectile, so if you want to use it you would have to modify the skill tree to suit that skill by investing more into physical and elemental damage nodes, less in projectile speed/damage nodes.

2. es is possible but it will need major modifications to the skill tree, something like this for es and glacial cascade build:
i try use this build in my ranger, why dont work? i need way to gain mana, I'm spending more mana than generating
How does this build perform in endgame? Most importantly, what is the survivability like in T12-T15 maps with harder mod combinations?

With the upcoming content - tier 16, new bosses and reworked old bosses - what should one expect? Will this be able to handle them easily, or with godly items only, or not at all?
I recommend Lioneye's Vision Body Armor, it provides level 15 Pierce so we just need 5 sockets (made by Prophecy The Jeweller's Touch). "+20% chance to be Pierced by Projectiles" is so good too
Is this build useless now after CoC nerfs ?
i was planning on doing this build but will this be viable with the upcoming coc nerfs :)?
"
Is this build useless now after CoC nerfs ?

Yes, completely.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I'm new to this game, but I liked the idea and I think I can adapt to these changes.
Just tested with my prophecy character in standard now after the update. The build is still working and fun, but overall it's a bit slower than before the nerfs. Especially boss fights took a bit longer and I didn't test maps above tier 12. Sadly, my favorite build isn't my strongest anymore :/
"
TheCimmerian wrote:
Just tested with my prophecy character in standard now after the update. The build is still working and fun, but overall it's a bit slower than before the nerfs. Especially boss fights took a bit longer and I didn't test maps above tier 12. Sadly, my favorite build isn't my strongest anymore :/

I suppose now, with the more modifier on CoC gem, it could use a third linked spell (instead of pierce?) and having elemental equilibrium + perhaps some AoE nodes. Much slower casts, it wouldn't be an endless swarm of small hits, but rather a smaller amount of big hits that pack real power. Perhaps fireball, arctic breath (or frostbolt?) and.. well, ball lightning I guess? Just gotta make sure two fireballs/breaths won't land consecutively.

That way it could easily mean having a ~2.75x more compared to what would have been possible before (with these spells).

Though I wonder how that would compare to this old spark+ek, especially with the aoe coverage, spark going around corners, getting random stragglers and such.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info