[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

Video Guide: Path Of Exile Ascendancy: Quill Rain, Cast on Crit, Assassin Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Check this short (8-9 min) build guide video above. It will show you how the build performs and explain how to set everything up!

If you have any questions about the build come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

This is the official thread for my high DPS, CoC, Quill Rain Assassin Build guide. In this thread, I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation of how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video guide above.

First of all, what can you expect from this build?

1. This build is designed for players who want the ultimate DPS experience and can afford spending at least, 10-15c to get the necessary leveling items to get the build rolling.

2. With this build, you can clear the highest level of maps, including bosses with excellent clear speed!

3. The build is viable for both hardcore and softcore softcore gameplay.

Build mechanic introduction:

For defenses, this build relies on a high life pool, evasion, 2x CWDT setups and both Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. The damage is scaled via proccing CoC with a very high crit chance and frequency. The build furthermore supports 6 active frenzy charges and a curse setup.

The reason for using Quill Rain is to benefit from the very high attack speed and projectile speed which both Spark and Ethereal Knives greatly benefits from.

Reflect:
As long as you play responsibly, use a Topaz for elemental reflect, a basalt flask and the CWDT + IC setup for phys reflect, then you should be fine against reflect rares. I do NOT suggest running reflect maps.

Skill-gems and setups:

CoC Damage Setup:

- Barrage, Cast on Critical, Ethereal Knives, Spark, Pierce & Increased Critical Strikes.

Alternatives to spark: Ball Lightning, Arctic Breath, Frostbolt. I do not recommend adding another physical spell as that will make reflect much harder to deal with.

I personally still prefer Spark even after the nerf.

Curse and Frenzy Setup:

- Frenzy, Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark & Greater Multiple Projectiles.

Defensive Setup 1:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 4), Immortal Call (lvl 6), Ice Golem (lvl 6 ) & Increased Duration (max level).

Defensive Setup 2:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 4), Arctic Breath (lvl 7), Temporal Chains (lvl 7) & Greater Multiple Projectiles (max level).

Auras & Mobility:

- Blasphemy, Warlords Mark, Anger & Blink Arrow.

Skill-trees & Ascendancy class:

Ascendancy Class: The Assassin

Ascendancy Points: Unstable Infusion, Deadly Infusion, Ambush & Assassinate.

Leveling skill-tree, 28 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 56 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 70 points:

Finished skill-tree, 115 points: (includes ascendancy points)

Note: That if you at any point need strength, simply pick up the 30+ notable in the skill-tree and spec out of it later when you are able to cover these requirements via gear.

Leveling Tips:

1. Level 1-50: Dual Wield 2 Lifesprig Wands/1+ Lightning Wands. Add Spark, Added Lightning & Faster Casting/Spell Echo in one of them and in the other; Orb of Storms, Added Lightning Damage & Elemental Focus.
2. Level 50+: Equip a Tabula Rasa, a high crit, rare bow (example in video) & Ungil's Harmony. Start using your CoC setup (make sure to level these gems from the start).
3. Add the Volley Fire Jewel, once you pick up the Acuity notable (refer to video for instructions).

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Alira for +1 to maximum power charges.

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances (75% on Merciless)
3. Evasion
4. Chaos Resistance

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Spell Damage%
2. Crit Multi.
3. Attack Speed%
4. Accuracy

My current gear (ignore the gem sockets)

Jewels:

- Inc. Maximum Life%
- Inc. Crit Multiplier%
- Inc. Crit Chance% (only if are below 80 crit chance though)
- Inc. Projectile Damage%
- Inc. Projectile Speed.
- Inc. Strength
- Inc. Elemental Resistances%

Flasks:
- 2x Seething Divine Life Flasks of Staunching.
- 1x Ample Basalt Flask of Warding.
- 1x Surgeon's Topaz Flask of Grounding.
- 1x Surgeon's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

Recommended unique items:

Weapon: Quill Rain

Spoiler

Chest: Kintsugi

Spoiler

Quiver: Drillneck

Spoiler

Outro:

Make sure to watch the video guide to see some actual gameplay of how the build performs as well as to get a better explanation of how it works!

Video Guide: Path Of Exile Ascendancy: Quill Rain, Cast on Crit, Assassin Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

If you want to make me happy and like the content, subscribe to the channel - it is what I do for a living after all!

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have. I do not reply to private messages, as I simply don't have the time! :)

Stay safe!

#DoYouEvenNerd
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Aug 25, 2016, 4:50:17 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2017, 1:07:38 AM
As always, please let me know if you notice any typos etc. =)
Hey Nerd this build looks really nice. Can you tell me how the single target dps is?
Last edited by NeBuLa199 on Mar 16, 2016, 3:16:14 PM
Single target is great! Bosses die very fast :)
Once again you prove that you Fking Rock! Thank you bro:)
I have no experience with coc-builds. But is it possible to play this build with incinerate instead of ek? Just because of the projectile speed ;)
i have followed this guide.. dmg is insane, clear speed is fast, so good.
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
i think ice golem cast on hit is a mistake, if you do it this way when it dies it is so hard to get it back up cuz most of the time you kill stuff in seconds and dont even get hit ( or not get hit for enough) and if you level it up and cast it urself it will have more health crit and u can always have it up
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. The build performs really well.

It should be noted that the VIP of the utility is the knockback effect from King of the Hill! It provides insane control over map mobs!

I just need my coil to link now... Hrrr....
I enjoy this build, it has very fast clear speed and really fun to play unlike my previous RT EQ duelist. Haven't tried atziri yet, I still need more HP. Shadow and Dust is very good, it gives rampage and boost your clear speed by a lot! Thief's torment gives mana and heals huge amount of hp. Here is my gear:

Last edited by xkingbeastx on Mar 17, 2016, 4:35:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info