[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

nice build. will try this in standard as my first character.
I am wondering if taking 4% attack speed nodes would be better than taking 10% elemental damage nodes as starting.
Can you give me some advice?
I will appreciate your help with this.
Thanks.
I don't want to nitpick, but that's not "insane" DPS. You sometimes oneshot packs, you sometimes don't when barrage doesn't hit or CoC doesn't proc and you have to shoot again, and the single target looks unremarkable judging from the Asphyxia kill time. I've got nothing against the build, it just bugs me when people blow their build's strength way out of proportion. In this case, the damage is "good for packs, not so good for single target" and the build is "SC viable, HC - not so much". Good luck surviving HC with this HP pool relying on acro. Something will get you, sooner or later.

The Assassin class provides more than enough damage to choose any spell, make a hardcast crit character and wipe the floor with everything up to the highest level maps, oneshotting packs and melting bosses much faster. As for CoC, cyclone with a vagan dagger is IMO much more reliable and just overall stronger. Not necessarily discharge, you can build it with arc and physical spells too.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2016, 5:16:57 AM
How do you think, can i play this build with ES and evasion instead HP and Dodge? Does ES leech works with Ghost Reaver node?
Last edited by slash_krd on Mar 17, 2016, 6:56:46 AM
"
oedipat wrote:
I have no experience with coc-builds. But is it possible to play this build with incinerate instead of ek? Just because of the projectile speed ;)

Incinerate does not work unfortunately. I believe most channeling skills doesn't :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Bars wrote:
I don't want to nitpick, but that's not "insane" DPS. You sometimes oneshot packs, you sometimes don't when barrage doesn't hit or CoC doesn't proc and you have to shoot again, and the single target looks unremarkable judging from the Asphyxia kill time. I've got nothing against the build, it just bugs me when people blow their build's strength way out of proportion. In this case, the damage is "good for packs, not so good for single target" and the build is "SC viable, HC - not so much". Good luck surviving HC with this HP pool relying on acro. Something will get you, sooner or later.

There is almost always something that is going to get you in HC eventually, you can say that for any build.
I played this into level 87 and tier 11+ maps and it felt safe, and that was while wearing a tabula - imagine how much safer it would be if you got that lightning coil. Besides, take a look at the gear I am wearing, it has soo much upgrade potential.

As for the damage, this build has so far killed almost any tier 1-10 map boss in less than 2 seconds. I can understand that it is annoying when people "hype" up their builds but in this case, it is warranted. I'd suggest you try it out before judging it.
"
slash_krd wrote:
How do you think, can i play this build with ES and evasion instead HP and Dodge? Does ES leech works with Ghost Reaver node?

Since you have no leech in this build, it won't work :)
"
4nthraxx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. The build performs really well.

It should be noted that the VIP of the utility is the knockback effect from King of the Hill! It provides insane control over map mobs!

I just need my coil to link now... Hrrr....

Haha yea I was amazed at how good this were as well. Knockback is not usually something that makes that significant of a difference :)
"

Since you have no leech in this build, it won't work :)

I mean does "Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life" works with this build? I have Crown of Eyes, Doryani's Invitation and Blood Drinker node. That items and node give me life leech, that converts to ES with Ghost Reaver.
what are your thoughts on rocking a victario's acuity, should make the build much less reliant on the frenzy setup whilst adding 30% proj damage and 30% proj speed whilst all charges are up. Seems pretty good to me, well.... atleast on softcore.
quoteLiftingNerdBro
"

There is almost always something that is going to get you in HC eventually, you can say that for any build.
I played this into level 87 and tier 11+ maps and it felt safe, and that was while wearing a tabula - imagine how much safer it would be if you got that lightning coil. Besides, take a look at the gear I am wearing, it has soo much upgrade potential.

As for the damage, this build has so far killed almost any tier 1-10 map boss in less than 2 seconds. I can understand that it is annoying when people "hype" up their builds but in this case, it is warranted. I'd suggest you try it out before judging it.

If it kills T10 bosses in less than 2 seconds, it is pretty good and I apologize for my mistake. The only information I have is from the video and there it looked OK, but not "insane", at least according to my definition.

As for HC, we'll have to disagree there. There are builds which perform reliably and reach level 100 with the right degree of skill and dedication, as evidenced by each new HC temp league. I just don't think this build should be included in this category. I guess this could also be called a disagreement on definitions.

Anyway, cheers for your many great build guides and the interesting idea with this one (I don't remember seeing a spark CoC quill rain build before with pierce and proj speed scaling).

"
slash_krd wrote:

I mean does "Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life" works with this build?

No.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2016, 8:32:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info