[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
Duskcaller wrote:
"
Apolloco wrote:
Thank you very much for sharing your build with us LiftingNerdBro.

As I am gearing up, I was hoping you could provide some further advice as to how we could get stronger/tankier. Perhaps providing different variations of gems/gear, this would be extremely appreciated.

I am using a Rat's nest and Snake Bite mitts which I like very much and am looking for a 6L eva chest to replace the Tabula. Could you provide any feedback on this?

Looking to figure out how to maximize survivability and damage as I get closer to end game. Thanks.

Without a Lightning Coil or flasks like Taste of Hate / Vinktar's, the build is going to share the same vulnerabilities of any avoidance-based build (ie using dodge and evasion rather than mitigating damage through armour). Having said that, the build has a lot of layers of defence that aren't so gear-dependent.

1) Raw killing speed. Your strongest line of defence is actually just how fast you kill stuff.

2) Knockback. Not to be underestimated, particularly using Quill Rain and its high attack speed.

3) Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics

4) CWDT - Immortal Call. Quite important for giving you a second of survivability when you take a big hit. I also link it to Warlord's Mark to quickly leech back life when I take a big hit - Enfeeble is another option.

Additional options:

5) Vaal Grace. With a 20/20 Increased Duration (or close), you get about 10 seconds of extra Dodge. If you fill a jewel slot with a Sacrificial Harvest, your downtime between buffs can be pretty small.

6) Blink Arrow / Mirror Arrow. Blink Arrow is good for quick escapes. Mirror Arrow is good for distractions. I've used it pretty successfully to keep the Underground River / Chateau bosses safely at arm's length for example.

Without item-based mitigation, you are vulnerable to stun lock if you get surrounded by a large fast-hitting pack, or a fast-hitting boss (trying a Twinned Vulnerability Gorge map turned out to be a mistake for instance). But the raw damage output makes the build much tankier than it might initially appear.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am thinking of getting rid of the Frenzy-GMP-CoH-Ass Mark and fitting Blood Rage + Vaal Grace + Inc Dur + Something else. Thoughts?
hey, i dieded, what i do?

-Richard's scary's touhugas world
which one should i use: Tabula Rasa or LC 6s5L ?
I'm in the early 50's, Am I supposed to have a base crit of 70 bedore or after deadly infusion? Right now I'm sitting at 32 base with no charges and around 45 with 3 charges.

I understand I need to have 6 charges. So my question is, the 70% crit base (without any charges) or a total with all charges and deadly infusion?

Because if it's without all those charges, I have no idea how to get that base crit higher.

Here's my tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQMeBbUNjRCSES8Wvx9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCypbKwowfDIyNj1DMUV8R35M_02STipRR1LsVUtbr13yYeJirGVNbIxwUnXLgl6GzonTjDaNfY1-jb-Xl52qo4q0OLTFvTa-p8EzwUnC7MjczZjUI-UZ51TqYutj7g779fzF_94=
Last edited by theeze on Mar 26, 2016, 10:30:36 AM
"
theeze wrote:
I'm in the early 50's, Am I supposed to have a base crit of 70 bedore or after deadly infusion? Right now I'm sitting at 32 base with no charges and around 45 with 3 charges.

I understand I need to have 6 charges. So my question is, the 70% crit base (without any charges) or a total with all charges and deadly infusion?

Because if it's without all those charges, I have no idea how to get that base crit higher.

Here's my tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQMeBbUNjRCSES8Wvx9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCypbKwowfDIyNj1DMUV8R35M_02STipRR1LsVUtbr13yYeJirGVNbIxwUnXLgl6GzonTjDaNfY1-jb-Xl52qo4q0OLTFvTa-p8EzwUnC7MjczZjUI-UZ51TqYutj7g779fzF_94=

70% with charges, otherwise you would become overcapped.
Would swapping out the quill rain for a Voltaxic Rift ruin the build? I feel like it might help with elemental reflect is all.
"
Parat0xic wrote:
Would swapping out the quill rain for a Voltaxic Rift ruin the build? I feel like it might help with elemental reflect is all.

Not at all! That's what I did. I switched Anger and Herald of Ice for Wrath and Herald of Thunder. Instead of Ethereal Knives, I use Ball Lightning. The damage isn't quite as "immediate" as using a Quill Rain, and your Sparks don't spread as far due to the lost of projectile speed (looking forward to the quality bonus once I finally level my spark to 20). But the damage is still really high, and reflect is a non-issue. A wave of lightning balls and sparks just rolls over stuff. Because Voltaxic Rift does not negligible damage in it's own right, I'm experimenting with grabbing one of the duelist life leech nodes.

As an aside: got my first ever Atziri kill with this build. Better late than never!
Looks fun, man. I wanted to make a CoC with quill since the Assassin came out, looks like you beat me to it. Great job and nice guide. Maybe I will make this one soon.
Quick question, how do you guys sustain mana? I have Essence Sap but want to reallocate those points but dont understand how you are able to sustain enough mana. Thanks!
"
Apolloco wrote:
Quick question, how do you guys sustain mana? I have Essence Sap but want to reallocate those points but dont understand how you are able to sustain enough mana. Thanks!

Hey mate.

Been struggling with that since I started the build. Bought one Elreon -8 cost for a few chaos (5 actually) and it's all gone now. A 9 mana cost is totally manageable where a 17 clearly wasn't. Using a mana flask still, waiting for higher level to see how to handle resists + double Elreon if possible, but it's Zerphi's, so 210 mana over 10 seconds. And it's more than enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info