[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@Knampfclown

Ah ok good luck with that. It's gonna be pretty tough. I would recommend going versatile combatant, because you'll need the extra defense.

By the way, post a video if you can. But if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 21, 2016, 7:36:43 AM
Guys, i just came back to playing POE after some years! I loved this guide and the gameplay match exactly what i wanted to for my duelist!
But i'm kinda stuck now, i see you guys talking about 5k+ life and 160k+ dps.... How did you guys manage to reach these numbers hahaha
The problem i see when upgrading is that my elemental defenses are too tight, and any change on 5-10% on a item will make my defenses go below 70%....
I'm currently at 4.5k~ life and 70-75% elemental defenses and 60k DPS at the hideway.
I'm cleaning tier 5-6 maps very easy, sometimes final bosses just can't hit me and sometimes i get headshot lol

Anyways, Thanks for the nice guide!

@Varnows

get more life on your belt/boots, increased atk speed at gloves and lvl up your gems and use flasks.

What level are you?
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
@Knampfclown, i'm level 79. Is there any better way to level up my gems then running t5-6 maps or i'm doing good?
Whatever you can clear the fastest is the best. With lvl 79 I was farming dried lake :3
Still need to level a few gems & get another jewel still. In town sitting at around 110dps.
Self buffed 290k with only a taste of hate+vaal haste. Once i hit lvl 20/20 gems and get the last of my damage nodes with another jewel i should be around 350k (self buffed)
Currently level 84 with 5.4k life (will hit 6k life) & just killed uber zaro with ease.

I did test with an aura bot, using other flasks like atziri & vinktars & was getting upwards of 650k easily.

Would love to upgrade my offhand but highly unlikely as the next upgrades from that are 250ex

Think i may actually roll a life pot as shock removal & use a vinktars from now on though. Not sure if i need that extra life flask.

Spoiler
Last edited by DeamosDan on Oct 21, 2016, 3:51:06 PM
"
DeamosDan wrote:
Still need to level a few gems & get another jewel still. In town sitting at around 110dps.
Self buffed 290k with only a taste of hate+vaal haste. Once i hit lvl 20/20 gems and get the last of my damage nodes with another jewel i should be around 350k (self buffed)
Currently level 84 with 5.4k life (will hit 6k life) & just killed uber zaro with ease.

I did test with an aura bot, using other flasks like atziri & vinktars & was getting upwards of 650k easily.

Would love to upgrade my offhand but highly unlikely as the next upgrades from that are 250ex

Think i may actually roll a life pot as shock removal & use a vinktars from now on though. Not sure if i need that extra life flask.

Spoiler

Nice progress - in my opinion a way cheaper upgrade would be to replace gloves with max life attack-speed res-flat phys, way cheaper than another off-hand! Also if you can somehow grab the res by ring/amulet you could use meginord :]
"
Knampfclown wrote:
"
DeamosDan wrote:

Spoiler

Nice progress - in my opinion a way cheaper upgrade would be to replace gloves with max life attack-speed res-flat phys, way cheaper than another off-hand! Also if you can somehow grab the res by ring/amulet you could use meginord :]

That was my plan with the gloves but i couldnt find any with flat phys, ias, life and the res i needed. Even then they would cost a bomb & i would only gain a small amount of phys dmg, the life roll imo is high enough at 85.
The whole build was geared around the belt and boots, so to change an item now i would have to look for a new ring, ammy to cover the difference in res.
Since my res is capped there is no need to really upgrade the gloves for a minor amount of life (5-10?) and some phys.
Once i get the damage nodes on the tree and a jewel & level my gems the damage will be high enough. To be fair it's already high enough since i can kill uber zaro within seconds.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Oct 21, 2016, 4:41:50 PM
@vardows

4.5k life is alright for level 79. I think you probably just have to spend a bit more time on poe.trade to find some good gear. It usually takes a bit of patience. Make sure you have 75/75/75 all res though. You can also find some resistance on your jewels.

For just leveling gems, dried lake farming is the best. But yeah just keep mapping and you'll get there. Try to get jewels with high %increased maximum life as well.

For bosses, make sure you are using concentrated effect.

@DeamosDan

Yeah I think Vinktar's is pretty strong since the shock bonus damage is really good as well as the leech. But it's just really expensive. Also, for maps where enemies avoid status ailments or against the shaper (since he is shock immune), it is better to use a life flask instead.

So far your gear is really nice, so good job!

I have added a luxury options section to the build guide, for players who have the currency to buy them. These items are optional and are generally quite expensive.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 22, 2016, 4:14:19 AM
@supreme_pizza thank you for the reply. Yeah, i should spend some time on poe.trade but as i said i just came back from a long time not playing and i have no currency xD (1 divine tbh)
I'm farming chaos recipe and i have like 20C haha so i'm kinda stuck with my gear until my luck helps with a rare drop...
btw should i farm chaos recipe or ID the itens for a chance of a expensive rare? also, by levelling gems you mean levelling its "level" or the quality to 20%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info