[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Without BoR you loose a ton of dps, else I don't have problems with ele reflect I just switch off hatred, for phys reflect it is kinda hard.
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Last edited by Knampfclown on Oct 19, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
"
Knampfclown wrote:
Without BoR you use a ton of dps, else I don't have problems with ele reflect I just switch off hatred, for phys reflect it is kinda hard.

I don't see how BoR reduces your damage? Wouldn't a normal 6 link just be more pure dps... Blind doesn't give you a dps boost.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Knampfclown wrote:
Without BoR you use a ton of dps, else I don't have problems with ele reflect I just switch off hatred, for phys reflect it is kinda hard.

I don't see how BoR reduces your damage? Wouldn't a normal 6 link just be more pure dps... Blind doesn't give you a dps boost.

Unless your chest can give you 20-30 flat phys, endurance charge on block and 15% chance to block it is way, way worse, defensive and offensive

"
DeamosDan wrote:
Would ascendancy point "Blood in the eyes" be a better option than "Outmatch & outlast" since i'm using legacy voidheart as it will be pretty much a constant 30% dps boost with a minor 6% reduction and other defensive bonus like "maimed enemies have 30% reduced movement speed"

I wonder what the damage difference it between full frenzy charges & the overall 30% increase damage vs bleeding enemies?

I use Blood in the Eyes instead of Versatile Combatant(the spell block one). I only run uber-lab and T8-14 maps with this char and so far no problems since everything dies in a matter of seconds. (Without having 75% spell-block it requires to dodge some heard hitting abilities, so it might not be the playstyle for face-tank-players).

If you want more dps and don't want to drop Versatile Combatant you can spec into Bloodletting which is a big dps boost. If you have enough dps and need more survivability you can grab 2 more endurance charges with 4 skill points (Vigor and Endurance) which gives 8% more mitigation.
Last edited by Knampfclown on Oct 19, 2016, 1:20:30 PM
"
Knampfclown wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Knampfclown wrote:

Unless your chest can give you 20-30 flat phys, endurance charge on block and 15% chance to block it is way, way worse, defensive and offensive

"
DeamosDan wrote:
Would ascendancy point "Blood in the eyes" be a better option than "Outmatch & outlast" since i'm using legacy voidheart as it will be pretty much a constant 30% dps boost with a minor 6% reduction and other defensive bonus like "maimed enemies have 30% reduced movement speed"

I wonder what the damage difference it between full frenzy charges & the overall 30% increase damage vs bleeding enemies?

I use Blood in the Eyes instead of Versatile Combatant(the spell block one). I only run uber-lab and T8-14 maps with this char and so far no problems since everything dies in a matter of seconds. (Without having 75% spell-block it requires to dodge some heard hitting abilities, so it might not be the playstyle for face-tank-players).

If you want more dps and don't want to drop Versatile Combatant you can spec into Bloodletting which is a big dps boost. If you have enough dps and need more survivability you can grab 2 more endurance charges with 4 skill points (Vigor and Endurance) which gives 8% more mitigation.

I can get more armor, life and resists in exchange for some block and endurance charges i'll already be getting from gladiator 25% of the time.

You think 20-30 phys is more DPS then having 20/20 FA/melee phys gems?? I'll be playing this on EHC, so I wont have access to legacy BoR btw.
Last edited by Edzilla on Oct 19, 2016, 1:50:10 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:

I can get more armor, life and resists in exchange for some block and endurance charges i'll already be getting from gladiator 25% of the time.

You think 20-30 phys is more DPS then having 20/20 FA/melee phys gems?? I'll be playing this on EHC, so I wont have access to legacy BoR btw.

If you can get a 6link with like 1500armor+ triple res and max life there could be some interesting helmet choices, be it a rare with max life, armor and resists so you can switch a ring to full dps, or be it something like alpha's howl which would buff your hatred, herald of ash and arctic armor or three dragons (shock by herald of ash!) which would result in the target taking 50% more dmg.
Last edited by Knampfclown on Oct 19, 2016, 2:34:14 PM
"
Knampfclown wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

If you can get a 6link with like 1500armor+ triple res and max life there could be some interesting helmet choices, be it a rare with max life, armor and resists so you can switch a ring to full dps, or be it something like alpha's howl which would buff your hatred, herald of ash and arctic armor or three dragons (shock by herald of ash!) which would result in the target taking 50% more dmg.

I'm a HC player and I just hate having to use BoR. You lose a good amount of stats and since I only play temp leagues, you are stuck with lower level gems as well.
Maybe next week I'll get a good 6link and try it out with 20 or 21 gems and three dragons mask, the 50% dmg buff through shock could be interesting.

Character is also really viable for uberlab; I do 4 key runs (killing argus too and let izaro buff himself)

can't complain, really good for uberlab

Last edited by Knampfclown on Oct 19, 2016, 4:50:16 PM
"
Knampfclown wrote:
Maybe next week I'll get a good 6link and try it out with 20 or 21 gems and three dragons mask, the 50% dmg buff through shock could be interesting.

Character is also really viable for uberlab; I do 4 key runs (killing argus too and let izaro buff himself)

can't complain, really good for uberlab

Did a bit of testing with other items. I put on a 6l 1600 armour chest with 125 life (i did do this testing with 20/20 gems and (lvl/q) 21/20 auras in an alphas howl (my gear may show different gems though as i'm switching out stuff all the time.

Using a BoR with the same gems & auras in my offhand i get around 2k more dps & obviously more life.
Even with a high life rare helm you just about break even compared to using a BoR.

I honestly feel like the survivability with a BoR is much greater than using a 6L and a good helm (only if you can make up the res on other gear that is.

I felt far to weak when also using a three dragons mask & didnt notice any difference as all mobs pretty much die instantly anyway, vs bosses you may probably notice a difference but you just lose far to much survivability with a 6l chest and a alphas/three dragons

Also what level are you currently? I just turned 75 and only have 4.6k life & it doesn't feel enough, i will pick up all the life nodes then maybe head towards the centre cluster for more.

Current gear
Last edited by DeamosDan on Oct 19, 2016, 8:30:10 PM
would this work with cyclone? pros/cons to using cyclone instead of cleave?
I do not understand where the 5 endur charges? fourth of the skill tree, but from the fifth?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info