[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Playing this in hardcore, took a few more life/armor nodes. What would you recommend as far as chest/helm combo for hardcore? Going without a chest seems kinda silly for us in hardcore, but if the DPS boost from BoR plus it's armor is enough.....
@keifkeif

Probably just go with bringer of rain, it gives a lot of life, armour, blind and DPS. If you really wanna go defensive, you can use a lightning coil and devoto's devotion.

But I would still recommend using Bringer of Rain as BIS even for HC.
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@keifkeif

Probably just go with bringer of rain, it gives a lot of life, armour, blind and DPS. If you really wanna go defensive, you can use a lightning coil and devoto's devotion.

But I would still recommend using Bringer of Rain as BIS even for HC.

Definately the BOR from my experience. I tested out devotos and legacy lightning coil, but felt safter with the bor due to the blind and increased block chance.

On a side note I've found I've been able to run physical reflect maps without an issue by replacing either added fire with lgoh, or increased aoe with physical to lightning. Physical to lightning also works really well in the maps with monsters taking less physical damage.

About to try this one, not too optimistic....... Was deathless until the triple boss fight, and died about 4 times before killing the last one lol.

Last edited by stephenp1983 on Apr 22, 2016, 11:30:55 PM
@stephenp1983

Wow 42% increased pack size on T13 maps is really good.

Bad luck on the boss fights, but that was definitely a pretty tough map.

Being able to run physical reflect maps is also really nice as well. LGOH is kinda like life-leech + vaal pact, which is great for reflect maps, also since our APS is so high.
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@stephenp1983

Wow 42% increased pack size on T13 maps is really good.

Bad luck on the boss fights, but that was definitely a pretty tough map.

Being able to run physical reflect maps is also really nice as well. LGOH is kinda like life-leech + vaal pact, which is great for reflect maps, also since our APS is so high.

Yeah once I hit 90 on perandus I stopped be as careful to stay alive. As long as I keep enough portals open to collect the drops I'm happy lol.
@stephenph1983

Ah I see, getting to 90 is quite impressive. Glad you're having fun with the build!
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 24, 2016, 12:17:37 AM
Yeah would definately do this build again next league. For the small investment its really good.

I uploaded another video of a t14 palace boss fight. Map mods weren't too bad, just temp chains, nemesis, and 43% more monster life. First phase was a bit slow since I was afraid I wouldn't be able to tank the touch of God. Second phase was really quick though - https://youtu.be/SeAmG5xYbf4
Last edited by stephenp1983 on Apr 24, 2016, 1:42:07 PM
Are there any uniques you'd suggest that arent the weapons/helm? curious if any gloves/belt/boots/jewelery are bis for this?
"
Are there any uniques you'd suggest that arent the weapons/helm? curious if any gloves/belt/boots/jewelery are bis for this?

For the most part rares with life, resists, and maybe flat physical damange would be better than any uniques in the other slots. I do use a retch belt on standard for the increased flasks duration and other bonuses, but its not available on perandus.
@Headlet

Yep I agree with Stephen. Generally rares are better than uniques for our build. The weapons and helm are the only uniques we need.

@Stephenp1983

Yep I watched the video, really nice work there. Killing Palace Dominus is definitely not an easy feat with those map mods, and you did it deathless as well.

Yeah one of the perks to this build is how little investment it requires to do high tier maps. I'm looking forward to the changes that 2.3 might bring to this build.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 24, 2016, 11:18:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info