[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Very good build here is my characters https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KILLHACH/characters how are you going to download more skill points? (:
Hi

Thanks for the write up. I did DW cleave back in closed beta before they nerfed cleave to be intended for 2h.

Is this not a concern? Is Cleave the best choice here?

Also...Cleave vs Cyclone. Unless I'm missing something you could use Cyclne instead ( if it was better or feasible?)
I guess generally I'm wondering why Cleave. Is there not a better skill that doesnt have a DW penalty?

All I know is I wanted to do something with the jack the axe the min I saw this axe, and I went and got a Soultaker, now I'm not so sure what to do.
thanks

Also, why not Bloodlust gem instead of Added Fire?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 4, 2016, 4:01:22 PM
@killhach

Your account is private, so I can't see your character sorry. I think if you get past level 87, just get more life nodes, such as the life nodes at the marauder starting area.

@Damageincorporated

Cleave is best for 2 x 1h weapons. 2h cleave is very underwhelming. This is because cleave attacks with both 1h weapons simultaneously.

This allows us to gain both frenzy and endurance charges from the 'Outmatch and Outlast' passive. Therefore our clear speed and DPS is a lot higher than cyclone.

Another thing with Cyclone, is that it alternates attacks, so your chance to cause bleed is 50% instead of 100%.

Bloodlust gem doesn't work sadly because it prevents us from causing bleed.

Last edited by MoarPizza on May 4, 2016, 6:36:39 PM
I forgot you can now see..))))
I started to level up a cleave gladiator and after i hit 80, quickly changed asc class to "champion" and removed all block nodes + bleed. My duelist atm:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jideament/characters/AtakanPerandusSCIII

Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on May 5, 2016, 7:12:24 PM
Well, I gotta say this build is reaaaaaaaaally strong.
I hit 48k buffed dps ( blood rage frenzy charges and Rallying Cry, hatred, Herald of Ash, Fire Golem) before even putting on the Bringer of Rain or Jack the Axe.

Edit: hitting over 60k dps at only level 69. Beast mode.

Really good clear speed, tanky and fun as heck.

"
Jideament wrote:
I started to level up a cleave gladiator and after i hit 80, quickly changed asc class to "champion" and removed all block nodes + bleed. My duelist atm:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jideament/characters/AtakanPerandusSCIII

You're linking a private profile
"
Squatch wrote:
"
unite01 wrote:
hey there,

i'm using 2h earthquake to lvl, at what point do you recommend switching to cleave ?

I am still using Earthquake at level 81. I'm clearing T10 maps like it's nothing. My resists aren't even maxed yet and I'm having no problems. I haven't found any reason to switch from EQ yet, since it seems to clear faster than Cleave.

I can assure you this is NOT the case. I've played Earthquake. This blows it out of the park.
Everything explodes. Faster then the aftershock would kill a pack.
The only version of Eathquake that would come close is crit /high IAS with the Atziri Axe.
Earthquake is good to level with, arguably all the way up to 67 when you can use BoR or at least til 59 when you can use Soultaker. But after that, no. Non crit EQ is meh and hits a damage ceiling a lot earlier than this and does NOT clear faster. Crit high IAS EQ maybe even then...don't think so not without Atziri's axe.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 7, 2016, 2:56:56 AM
@KILLHACH

damn nice gear bro. Nice work on the build!

@jideament

Ah I guess champion is more defensive but bleed explosions are pretty fun. So it is up to you really.

@Damageincorportated

Glad you enjoy the build man. It only gets better from here
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 6, 2016, 10:58:31 PM
I just wanted to let you know how awesome this build is.
I am currently level 85 and missing one more jewel slot.
Due to to few higher tier maps, I can only do T6 maps, but can facetank Kole in the collonade map easily. That is awesome. I am really looking forward to higher tier maps.

I also found my first exalted orb and a taste of hate.

My current gear:

I dont know how to link my active jewels, but all four kinda have the same stats like the one I am missing yet:

Not the best items, but as long as I dont have any problems while mapping, Ill wait to invest more.

Currently 4.8k life, and I like the fact that my chaos resistance is at +3%. This seem to help alot.
My DPS is at around 92k buffed with increased area of effect.

@kreatief

Wow nice work. Your gear and jewels are really good and taste of hate is awesome for this build.

Solid chaos resistance and DPS as well.

Also one thing to note though. Your weapons and helm don't have any quality on them, so try to quality them up asap and u will get a pretty neat DPS boost.

Good luck!
whoops. How could I have forgotten this. Thank you :)

EDIT:

Questions about crafting.
I have some options left on the belt and gloves.

Only thing on the gloves possible is 0.2-0.4% of physical attack damage leeched as life
Is it worth for 2c?

As of the belt, I could add 8-22% increased elemental damage with weapons for 4a or life flask recovery rate increased or some energy shield.
Is it worth going for the increased elemental damage here?

Last edited by Kreatief on May 7, 2016, 8:31:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info