SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Marinxar wrote:

If you never had any issues in lab what so ever, then what are you doing in a conversation where tons of people from all over the world who DO have issues, are stating them and discussing ideas on how to overcome them? You have ZERO experience with this problem, since you yourself just said, you never had that issue. So what is your purpose here, other than trying to be a smartass troll ?

What he said is true. The major disconnection issues with the laby were fixed. I was one of the people that had to deal with the dc's from day 1 of Ascendancy. Sometimes it would take me a week worth of grinding to get thru 1 laby due to dc's. Since the "fix", literally zero dc's in the laby have happened on my end.

"
Marinxar wrote:
I play plenty games, from Battlefield 4, WoW, Neverwinter, 7 Days to Die... just to name a view that is online. I do not get disconnects and client/server desyncs from anywhere else...., and like I stated before, it is not like I am the only person.

You do know that your data traffic is being routed differently for pretty much all the things you listed right?

"
Marinxar wrote:
Open your eyes and see the ocean of complaints about this all over the forums.

Educate yourself and maybe this test will help you.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Kadadr wrote:
Has GGG responded or even acknowledged any of it?

447 pages now. Wow!
Has there been any official response to this thread? I couldn't find anything at all. Any news?

GGG does not feel obligated to respond to threads in feedback forums, if they were obligated all they could really say is "thanks for your comments"

Because saying really anything else could change in the future development, GGG gives people the time to ask question during q\a's if you are so obliged.

"
Xtorma wrote:

they respond by going forward with the game without changing anything. The last official mention of the lab was in ziggyd's interview with Chris Wilson, which made it very clear that the basic premise of the lab, and how you earn ascension points was not changing. There does not have to be some super , end all be all statement, when their actions speak as clearly as a 200 page essay on the subject.

alright. i saw today in the developer answers that no changes are planned for lab. maybe after 3.0.0. we will have to wait and see.

i don't mind the lab so much anymore but i also wouldn't mind seeing the über trials gone for good.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 24, 2017, 2:46:31 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

alright. i saw today in the developer answers that no changes are planned for lab. maybe after 3.0.0. we will have to wait and see.

i don't mind the lab so much anymore but i also wouldn't mind seeing the über trials gone for good.

Remove the uber trials and replace them with what?

Part of the reason why they are longer is for the key you get at the end of it. It also gives you enough time to learn the various mechanics in the more difficult style environment so you are better suited to do the lab.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Part of the reason why they are longer is for the key you get at the end of it. It also gives you enough time to learn the various mechanics in the more difficult style environment so you are better suited to do the lab.

They could make doing the previous version of lab the thing that gives you access to the next one. Trials could exist as they do now in order to generate keys to let you open the end game lab.

Edit: Please don't put me on that lab protest list thing.
Last edited by DurianMcgregor on Mar 24, 2017, 3:19:20 PM
"

They could make doing the previous version of lab the thing that gives you access to the next one. Trials could exist as they do now in order to generate keys to let you open the end game lab.

He will because you said something derogatory about the lab.

So the uber trials wouldn't be necessary to gain access to the lab, but would be to get access to the keys?

FeelsBadMan

"

whole list is down to one stroke of text:
"IM INCOMPETENT NOOB PLAYING SHIT BUILD AT POTATO PS WITH 36k DIALUP FROM VANUATU"
it's boring
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 24, 2017, 3:36:28 PM
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Contrary to the lying troll's statement, you are not on the list. If anyone is ever placed on the list and wants to be removed then a simple PM would get one's name removed immediately. This has never happened that I recall but the option is mentioned in the thread OP of Over 300 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 740 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:
So the uber trials wouldn't be necessary to gain access to the lab, but would be to get access to the keys?

That actually might be interesting, it would probably create a big key shortage so they would be more expensive and farming them for lab runners would become a thing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

That actually might be interesting, it would probably create a big key shortage so they would be more expensive and farming them for lab runners would become a thing.

It also puts less pressure on getting access to it, people still get access to the uber lab quite quickly and the rewards are pretty high. If you no longer have to do all of the trials, some builds could go into the uber lab once they get their first key, which IMO is dangerous.

The uber lab has a lot of rewards behind it and part of what keeps it somewhat balanced is that its more difficult to get access to it.

Also the trials currently are pretty common every 7 maps or so you get one, probably a bit more common, but not sure exactly the rate in which they spawn.

FeelsBadMan

"
mezmery wrote:
"

whole list is down to one stroke of text:
"IM INCOMPETENT NOOB PLAYING SHIT BUILD AT POTATO PS WITH 36k DIALUP FROM VANUATU"
it's boring

Pretty much this.

Now I'm all in favour of people speaking their minds and disliking things, but this thread... this is something else entirely and I absolutely cannot believe it's still allowed to continue.

I also just simply don't get the lab haters posting here.

1. It WILL NOT be changed, that's already been said many times by developers.
2. If you hate lab so much, don't run it. Pay someone for your ascendancy points, never look at it again.
3. Is posting salty bitterness here all day really better than playing the game? If so, maybe you should move on instead and do something with your life? Fill it with some positivity? You know, read a book, see a movie, hang out with friends, do some sports, play another game you ACTUALLY like? Nobody is keeping you here........ trust me.

Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info