SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"

Anywho ^ I've had the game on mute since like 2014 and reading wont get me more exalts so lore is only something i occasionally get into.

I'm really only against just giving you the ascendancy for free without any Gating mechanism with some level of difficulty to it, What that mechanism is i do not really care, I absolutely hate running the lab for anything other than ascension.

The complaint is NOT that lab is too hard. The complaint is that it is horrible boring content that doesn't make sense. The game is supposed to be fun not boring irritating crap. Oh, there's a burning floor with a bunch of levers. wait for floor to cool, run to lever, flip lever, wait for floor to cool, run back to where you came from, wait for floor to cool, run to next lever, boring crap, the only thing challenging about it is resisting the urge to quit the game.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Fruz wrote:
has not changed anything, don't expect it ever will

GGG has made many changes to the horrible lab. You just can't resist making false statements. Is it a lie or did you not know that fact?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

Anywho ^ I've had the game on mute since like 2014 and reading wont get me more exalts so lore is only something i occasionally get into.

I'm really only against just giving you the ascendancy for free without any Gating mechanism with some level of difficulty to it, What that mechanism is i do not really care, I absolutely hate running the lab for anything other than ascension.

The complaint is NOT that lab is too hard. The complaint is that it is horrible boring content that doesn't make sense. The game is supposed to be fun not boring irritating crap. Oh, there's a burning floor with a bunch of levers. wait for floor to cool, run to lever, flip lever, wait for floor to cool, run back to where you came from, wait for floor to cool, run to next lever, boring crap, the only thing challenging about it is resisting the urge to quit the game.

Exactly where did i say it was too hard or at any level even say it was hard? Lab is stupid easy.. I only said that if it is changed it should remain(you know like, not some stupid piddly quest where you just pick up a flower and turn it in) difficult as a means to put the ascendancy behind a gate one must earn passage through.

gosh lol does anyone even read posts before replying to them these days?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2019, 3:32:23 PM
"

Exactly where did i say it was too hard or at any level even say it was hard? Lab is stupid easy.. I only said that if it is changed it should remain(you know like, not some stupid piddly quest where you just pick up a flower and turn it in) difficult as a means to put the ascendancy behind a gate one must earn passage through.

gosh lol does anyone even read posts before replying to them these days?

Sorry, the following seemed to be saying that users wanted the challenge removed

"

I think a lot of users don't understand just how detrimental removing a challenge to get something would be to their experience and the overall player retention of the game, If you do not feel accomplished by anything you do it is very likely you will get bored quickly as everything you want is already in your hands and you have nothing left to work for and then you will quit and be much less likely to return.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Sorry, the following seemed to be saying that users wanted the challenge removed

"
Turtledove wrote:

You were replying to the above quote in the image, you should know that, you quoted it.

"

I think a lot of users don't understand just how detrimental removing a challenge to get something would be to their experience and the overall player retention of the game, If you do not feel accomplished by anything you do it is very likely you will get bored quickly as everything you want is already in your hands and you have nothing left to work for and then you will quit and be much less likely to return.

but lets assume this was actually quoted in your post, you are not everyone who's posted in this thread, plenty have posted for removing the lab entirely and solutions which would make it trivial, if i were replying specifically to the OP or anyone i would properly quote them.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2019, 6:43:18 PM
Welp I'm just here to beat a dead horse but the lab is failed content, [Removed by Support]. This game will die if you don't remove the ascendancy points from the lab. I mean some people like it but some people also like having shit rubbed on their chest. That's what the lab is. I'd give a more mature set of comments and criticisms but you've already got plenty of that. I'm just here to say fuck you for locking the most build defining passives behind this dumpster fire.
Cya guys in 6 more months to 2 years because I'm out. Which sucks because this is by far and beyond the best FTP, the best ARPG, honestly it's just one THE BEST games out there but just no I'm not doing the lab and that means I have a crippled character and that means I stop playing.
Congrats on the other content though it's pretty fucking good. The game plays way more smoothly and feels soooo much nicer than it did two years ago.
God it's pathetic how long this shits been in the game.
Fuck the lab
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Dec 2, 2019, 10:12:41 PM
"
gforce45 wrote:
This game will die if you don't remove the ascendancy points from the lab.

riiight, right right right.

And yet the game has been growing since the lab was added ( the recent state of the game is leading to decline, but that is unrelated to the lab, there are many other reasons ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
ok ok the game won't die I'm just a bit pissed off because the rest of the game is so good. but ascendancy (the lab specifically, the actual passives are awesome) is not the reason the game has more players, it was the fixing of de-sync, core game play fixes, changes to the difficulty, xbox release, expansion of end game content, changes to the viability of off meta builds ect. ect. Basically it was GGG's acceptance of the fact that while it was nice to make the game they wanted to play the game that the playerbase actually wants was a little more fun.
Fuck the lab
The trials are pretty boring ill admit and outside of the ascendancy points i only run lab to help others unlock their ascendancy, I actually like the theme of the labyrinth too but it certainly has its flaws and feels way too easy on health/armour characters vs energy shield setups.

Moving the ascendancy points elsewhere is totally fine by me especially if they can do it in a more immersive way but something i do not want to happen is labyrinth to become a forgotten thing.. Hoping that there are some changes to it that will encourage people to continue to run it.

I'm sure the top lab runners are fine with ascendancy being removed as it will likely reduce the amount of people trying to compete with them be it directly or indirectly but at the same time perhaps scares them as to the future of it remaining acessable as an on-demand thing.

I'm really torn between GGG making it a tiered unique map like the beachhead and it remaining a repeatable on-demand activity as we do not really have much else in the game that can be ran like the lab back to back, I honestly miss that sort of content from other mmorpg thought generally that content from other games i speak of also required a full party all the way up to an alliance to even stand a chance at beating it.

If its made into a tiered map i can see some changes such as allowing multiple choice enchantments as a reward or perhaps even having the offering to the goddess being added into your map device similar to sac fragments actually being the catalyst for adding those additional enchants to choose from creating a cost for the convenience added and also increasing the risk vs reward of the entire process.

So one offering = 1 extra enchant choice up to 3 and then 4 with an upgraded map device via legion.

Bonus: the prophecy and darkshrine additional enchantment options could be condensed into the multiple choices rather than multiple attempts but im not sure how people would feel about that.. If the offerings were used as listed above then i feel those would be quite OP getting 2-3 additional chances with 3-4 options to select rather than having 3-6
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 3, 2019, 1:28:58 AM
the lab is a hoax pls delete it thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info