SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
mezmery wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

How will that fix the crashes and client/server desyncs that cause you to start the lab from scratch ? Or did you just try and sound clever by making a completely irrelevant reply to my suggestion...

i dont crash
i dont desync
lab is my primary source of income, and most of the time after reaching 90 i do that.

it's your problem how to fix that, not ggg's

You probably stay close to a server/gateway.

What about those of us that live nowhere near a gateway and play with 200ms latency ?

Oh right, you're an ass. You don't care. You're running without a problem.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:
What about those of us that live nowhere near a gateway and play with 200ms latency?

Sorry, man, but those are no conditions to play an online action game, maybe card games, turn based, stuff like that. They have no way to make PoE run good for you and you can't ask them to alter their design to accommodate someone that probably shouldn't be playing it in the first place. Sorry if it sounds a bit blunt, but that's the way it works.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 8:45:31 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
What about those of us that live nowhere near a gateway and play with 200ms latency?

Sorry, man, but those are no conditions to play an online action game, maybe card games, turn based, stuff like that. They have no way to make PoE run good for you and you can't ask them to alter their design to accommodate someone that probably shouldn't be playing it in the first place. Sorry if it sounds a bit blunt, but that's the way it works.

My money is worth just as much as anyone else's. They CAN fix this problem with very little effort on their side. Put some waypoints in after Aspirants trials. It's really that simple. Then everyone can enjoy it, not just the privileged.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:
My money is worth just as much as anyone else's. They CAN fix this problem with very little effort on their side. Put some waypoints in after Aspirants trials. It's really that simple. Then everyone can enjoy it, not just the privileged.

Sure enough, you can indeed decide to play the game regardless of how badly it performs for you and can also decide to support it. But you kinda do so at your own discretion, it's something like deciding to hold an official golf tournament in your backyard and asking the IGF to change the rules from 9 holes to 2 because you can't fit more. Dumb example, but you get the point.

Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 9:20:27 AM
"
Marinxar wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

How will that fix the crashes and client/server desyncs that cause you to start the lab from scratch ? Or did you just try and sound clever by making a completely irrelevant reply to my suggestion...

i dont crash
i dont desync
lab is my primary source of income, and most of the time after reaching 90 i do that.

it's your problem how to fix that, not ggg's

You probably stay close to a server/gateway.

What about those of us that live nowhere near a gateway and play with 200ms latency ?

Oh right, you're an ass. You don't care. You're running without a problem.

so you just asssumed you have hardware problem, and want ggg to change their game for your comfort.
nice try.
i should try that with blizzard, i lost server 1st trial of the crusader title back in lich king because i was swapped for sub because of bad ping.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 24, 2017, 10:10:08 AM
"
Marinxar wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

1) poe is f2p game.
2) spend your money for brand new broadband.
No rest for the wicked
"
raics wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

Sure enough, you can indeed decide to play the game regardless of how badly it performs for you and can also decide to support it. But you kinda do so at your own discretion, it's something like deciding to hold an official golf tournament in your backyard and asking the IGF to change the rules from 9 holes to 2 because you can't fit more. Dumb example, but you get the point.

Yeah not a perfect example. You see, there are a LOT of people that have this problem. Not just me. There are hundreds of players that live outside the comfy 30ms latency zone. If you cared to look at the sheer number of threads about this very issue, you would see that we are not asking to move the golf course. Just asking for a caddy to help the disabled with their golf bag. Which changes nothing at all for anyone else in any negative way. The only thing that would come out of this, is more happy players, and more happy players is better for everyone. Especially GGG.
"
Marinxar wrote:
The only thing that would come out of this, is more happy players, and more happy players is better for everyone. Especially GGG.

Dunno, Perandus also made a ton of players happy with loot giveaways and it would really be no skin of their backs to do it. It's understandable they don't want to make all this too easy on us, lab has a significant impact on player experience and economy, many feel a certain sense of accomplishment after a successful run and others earn money by running others through it which also keeps the wheels spinning. They can't have it go full teletubby.

Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 10:37:31 AM
>reads Q&A pt. 2

Press F to pay respects to the Vocal Minority™
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
raics wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
The only thing that would come out of this, is more happy players, and more happy players is better for everyone. Especially GGG.

Dunno, Perandus also made a ton of players happy with loot giveaways and it would really be no skin of their backs to do it. It's understandable they don't want to make all this too easy on us, lab has a significant impact on player experience and economy, many feel a certain sense of accomplishment after a successful run and others earn money by running others through it which also keeps the wheels spinning. They can't have it go full teletubby.

Which takes us around back to square 1. You can't create a system in your game where people can exploit others, who for reasons outside their own ability, have trouble participating in this system. Hence all the frustration. People are paying 10c for a run, get disconnected and their investment is lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info