SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Marinxar wrote:
Which takes us around back to square 1. You can't create a system in your game where people can exploit others, who for reasons outside their own ability, have trouble participating in this system. Hence all the frustration. People are paying 10c for a run, get disconnected and their investment is lost.

Might sound counterintuitive, but that's kinda good for the economy, you know, cars that break down more often, clothes that last one season and so on. And this might sound a bit insensitive, but if they suddenly went up and said 'we regard the loss of a 200ms ping player as something inevitable' I wouldn't really be surprised. You'd get pissed with the game sooner or later and quit, lab or no lab.

PoE was never exactly designed to be played in those conditions and now that they took care of desync more or less it will only get less suited for playing on poor connections, you probably noticed it gets more fights that require precise control and positioning every patch. If that 3.0 trailer and all the previews are something to judge by, it will happen even for the main campaign, not only in high end content.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 11:07:48 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
Which takes us around back to square 1. You can't create a system in your game where people can exploit others, who for reasons outside their own ability, have trouble participating in this system. Hence all the frustration. People are paying 10c for a run, get disconnected and their investment is lost.

Might sound counterintuitive, but that's kinda good for the economy, you know, cars that break down more often, clothes that last one season and so on. And this might sound a bit insensitive, but if they suddenly went up and said 'we regard the loss of a 200ms ping player as something inevitable' I wouldn't really be surprised. You'd get pissed with the game sooner or later and quit, lab or no lab.

PoE was never exactly designed to be played in those conditions and now that they took care of desync more or less it will only get less suited for playing on poor connections, you probably noticed it gets more fights that require precise control and positioning every patch. If that 3.0 trailer and all the previews are something to judge by, it will happen even for the main campaign, not only in high end content.

Oh I got no problem with that. I am busy taking my third character to maps this league, and doing so in SSF mode. I like things challenging.I had to make a big sacrifice, and give up on playing HC only, which made me stop playing for couple months, because that was the big challenge for me. To create a unique build that will make it in HC all the way to end-game. So yeah, that is impossible with the latency, but that does not make the game unplayable. Not by a long shot. You adapt and you learn to improvise.

The Lab is not challenging. It is a tedious repetition made unbearable by the increased connection issues, and made infuriating by the fact that you have to start from scratch every time.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:
Oh I got no problem with that. I am busy taking my third character to maps this league, and doing so in SSF mode. I like things challenging.I had to make a big sacrifice, and give up on playing HC only, which made me stop playing for couple months, because that was the big challenge for me. To create a unique build that will make it in HC all the way to end-game. So yeah, that is impossible with the latency, but that does not make the game unplayable. Not by a long shot. You adapt and you learn to improvise.

That's admirable, I'd probably get pissed off and quit a long time ago. Adapting to design choices is one thing, but to technical problems - nah.

Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 12:14:41 PM
"
Marinxar wrote:
How will that fix the crashes and client/server desyncs that cause you to start the lab from scratch ? Or did you just try and sound clever by making a completely irrelevant reply to my suggestion...

I would have believed you, like a year ago.
Most of this has been fixed, it just isn't there anymore.

I have not crashed in labed for months
I have not died due to desync in lab .......... like ever probably, and I play with 100+ ping ( sometimes 130~150+ when the closest gateway has problems ), all the time.

Or did you just try to sound clever here, trying to find fallacious excuses ?

I'm not saying that technical problems never happens, just that GGG has just fixed most of those in the lab, and it is very likely that it is coming from your end, and maybe not just how far you are from the gateway.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 24, 2017, 12:46:26 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
>reads Q&A pt. 2

Press F to pay respects to the Vocal Minority™

f
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Fruz wrote:
I'm not saying that technical problems never happens, just that GGG has just fixed most of those in the lab, and it is very likely that it is coming from your end, and maybe not just how far you are from the gateway.

And you really have to give it a spin, Frankfurt has the lowest ping for me but London works the best by far.

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
How will that fix the crashes and client/server desyncs that cause you to start the lab from scratch ? Or did you just try and sound clever by making a completely irrelevant reply to my suggestion...

I would have believed you, like a year ago.
Most of this has been fixed, it just isn't there anymore.

I have not crashed in labed for months
I have not died due to desync in lab .......... like ever probably, and I play with 100+ ping ( sometimes 130~150+ when the closest gateway has problems ), all the time.

Or did you just try to sound clever here, trying to find fallacious excuses ?

I love how you self righteous fucks always have a opinion on other people's problems, but always from the perspective of your perfect pedestal. If you never had any issues in lab what so ever, then what are you doing in a conversation where tons of people from all over the world who DO have issues, are stating them and discussing ideas on how to overcome them? You have ZERO experience with this problem, since you yourself just said, you never had that issue. So what is your purpose here, other than trying to be a smartass troll ?

I play plenty games, from Battlefield 4, WoW, Neverwinter, 7 Days to Die... just to name a view that is online. I do not get disconnects and client/server desyncs from anywhere else...., and like I stated before, it is not like I am the only person. Open your eyes and see the ocean of complaints about this all over the forums.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:

I love how you self righteous fucks always have a opinion on other people's problems, but always from the perspective of your perfect pedestal. If you never had any issues in lab what so ever, then what are you doing in a conversation where tons of people from all over the world who DO have issues, are stating them and discussing ideas on how to overcome them? You have ZERO experience with this problem, since you yourself just said, you never had that issue. So what is your purpose here, other than trying to be a smartass troll ?

I play plenty games, from Battlefield 4, WoW, Neverwinter, 7 Days to Die... just to name a view that is online. I do not get disconnects and client/server desyncs from anywhere else...., and like I stated before, it is not like I am the only person. Open your eyes and see the ocean of complaints about this all over the forums.

Posts like this really make me wish the forums here had a +1 feature. Seriously.
"
ewolow wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

Posts like this really make me wish the forums here had a +1 feature. Seriously.

+1 from me too.

The labyrinth is a pile of steaming turd.
"
Marinxar wrote:

So, you encounter problems with instability in PoE with some regularity but not in other games? If we go about it logically, it probably means there are no problems with your system or your ISP, at the same time there are tons of players with no issues so it's unlikely to be a problem with the client. It probably means your local gateway is either overloaded or inherently unstable.

Have you noticed any pattern with your disconnects? More during peak hours and less late at night or early in the morning? Maybe only in certain areas in the labyrinth? Is it during area loading, heavy action or fully at random? Have you tried using noasync mode to possibly reduce the amount of communication during heavy load?

When there were fewer gateways to choose from and we had problems with Amsterdam I was getting playable performance from Chicago gateway, try the other ones even if it seems silly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info