SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Yeah I said that basically in the other thread... not sure why exactly there are two threads, talking about exactly the same thing, it is very confusing. But yeah again, if Traps are so easily passable, they are basically a non-issue anyway and the lab boils down to fighting Izaro, which is not that much different than any other part.

Trials are a bit different, a lot of them get much easier with someone opening all the doors, but the lab not so much, but then again you can LW over the traps in the first place anyway.
Last edited by Emphasy on Aug 29, 2016, 10:29:32 AM
Well, the lab doesn't boil down to fighting Itzaro either. It boils down to waiting in the garden, sipping a pina colada :D
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
If they can't make Lab a solo only experience, then they should at least require the whole group to be present at Izaro fights, else you forfeit Ascension points. The fact that the person who is carried can just wait outside and still ascend, is a travesty and an afront to the supposed "hardcore" nature of PoE.

While I somewhat agree with you, I don't think GGG wanted everyone to be forced into the room by design. I think it was likely done so that they could make the lab the all or nothing experience it is today, without having checkpoints\WP\ect.

I don't think they would change this from what it is now to where you have to be in the room to get the AC points, not only would that just lead to more complaints, but it doesn't fit the design of the game, if boss fight carries are common in the rest of the game, the lab shouldn't be an exception to that IMO.

The fact that you can simply wait in the other room, de-valuates ascension/Lab similarily as putting Asc points behind Malachai, for example. It's way too easy, compared to what a solo Lab run is like. The carried player should be expected to at least run around a little and hopefully get killed by a saw in the last fight... :)

PoE is (was?) supposed to be a harder game than that. Yes, I can play my own game and ignore shortcuts, which I mostly do, but at the same time PoE is a ladder game with MTX rewards & everything is interconnected into a global economy. Having a bunch of undeserving players who just bought a ticket into Ascension, is cringe-worthy.

Knowing why GGG does design like this, does not mean I have to like it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Well, the lab doesn't boil down to fighting Itzaro either. It boils down to waiting in the garden, sipping a pina colada :D

As opposed to sitting in the Harvest, sitting outside of the stairs in scepter of god, sitting one area lower in the vaal pyramid?

Hum, its almost like it was designed to be a challenge and one you can overcome by getting help from other players, like you know the rest of the game?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
morbo wrote:

The fact that you can simply wait in the other room, de-valuates ascension/Lab similarily as putting Asc points behind Malachai, for example. It's way too easy, compared to what a solo Lab run is like. The carried player should be expected to at least run around a little and hopefully get killed by a saw in the last fight... :)

PoE is (was?) supposed to be a harder game than that. Yes, I can play my own game and ignore shortcuts, which I mostly do, but at the same time PoE is a ladder game with MTX rewards & everything is interconnected into a global economy. Having a bunch of undeserving players who just bought a ticket into Ascension, is cringe-worthy.

Knowing why GGG does design like this, does not mean I have to like it.

The difference of being in the lab or being behind Malachai is huge though. One is required for normal game progression and is pretty much easier then the other. One requires you to complete the challenge in one sitting, while the other can be cheese with portals, even if you have to do it solo.

The mtx rewards are no concern of yours, as long as they don't give them out to the first XX to do something then what other players get should not matter at all, I guess if you care about the competition of a 48 hour event or something I guess you can QQ when people party and you don't to get ahead faster.

Poe was suppose to be a harder game then this, but it isn't anymore and while I agree with you that it could be cool if it was more difficult or more risky, they won't make that change, so its pretty pointless to discuss a world with that change.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

As opposed to sitting in the Harvest, sitting outside of the stairs in scepter of god, sitting one area lower in the vaal pyramid?

Hum, its almost like it was designed to be a challenge and one you can overcome by getting help from other players, like you know the rest of the game?

You agree that it's easy to overcome with no effort, so why lock the ascendancy points behind an annoying, non-challenging thing?

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Yeah like I said... again in one other thread about the lab. This isn't really an argument against the lab, because it is the exact same thing like any other possible challange in the game. Atziri btw. is no different. Technically you can beat Uber Atziri with a lvl35 char... despite the fact you didn't actually kill her... just maybe you heared her screams through the door.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

You agree that it's easy to overcome with no effort, so why lock the ascendancy points behind an annoying, non-challenging thing?

It is challenging for those that do it solo or without overleveling. For those that don't want it to be challenging they can seek easier ways, unfort. the game is at this point where it can't have "mandatory" challenging content that has no way for players to be helped, which is fine because it fits into the economic design of the game to have other players help people.

Why put them behind something you are forced to 100% do to progress in the game? Can't you see how illogical that is to not only the design of the game, but the overall theme of the game where act bosses do not give rewards.

FeelsBadMan

I feel that how it is currently is illogical.
"
I feel that how it is currently is illogical.

To go out of your way to get the massive power creep that is AC points is more illogical then putting it behind something you are REQUIRED to do to progress in the game?

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info