SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Emphasy wrote:
"
So, we all agree that it isn't a test of skill. It's a test of trading a few chaos to someone with an over leveled character specifically designed to trivialize the content in order to provide safe passage for others.

Here is the thing, the only thing you can get carried true is the regular game parts. The boss fights and the normal mobs. You can't get carried through most of the traps, you have to be able to get past them.

Izaro is a boss fight just like any other, it does include a few more mechanics, but overall it is a normal fight, exspecially versions one and two. Also there isn't really a reason to get carried through, because 3 of the izaros can be easily outleveled.

The traps are a joke, Annoying sure fighting a boss who can 1 shot you while limiting your dodge space due to avoiding traps is harder. Plus the traps always kill my pets and I basically watch the boss for 20 minutes till I am bored summoning bad zombies who do no damage.

Also no one kills the normal mobs, whats the point.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Aug 29, 2016, 7:11:21 PM
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Well, the lab doesn't boil down to fighting Itzaro either. It boils down to waiting in the garden, sipping a pina colada :D

As opposed to sitting in the Harvest, sitting outside of the stairs in scepter of god, sitting one area lower in the vaal pyramid?

Hum, its almost like it was designed to be a challenge and one you can overcome by getting help from other players, like you know the rest of the game?

You agree that it's easy to overcome with no effort, so why lock the ascendancy points behind an annoying, non-challenging thing?

It does control the economy by making people quit :)
"
diablofdb wrote:
Reality, people are mad because they can't dodge them roombas blade things

I seriously doubt anyone here has issues with the dumb boring traps.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
I feel that how it is currently is illogical.

To go out of your way to get the massive power creep that is AC points is more illogical then putting it behind something you are REQUIRED to do to progress in the game?

Your not required to do it. Your required to PAY someone to do it.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Expugnaturum wrote:
I love the Labyrinth and its traps the way they are. I feel this was the most interesting piece of content so far.

Please, don't remove them. Ignore the crying...

I don't think GGG will remove them, they have been proved to be very popular and successful over the las few leagues.

People using the forum only represent 1% of the population playing the game, so the minority crying on the forum is just a tiny tiny tiny minority.

Reality is, GGG have the data about lab and how much it's been used so far, and it hasn't changed since, they have even started to implement new things like uber lab and traps mechanics into boss fights. So it must mean it has been popular.

My only hope is they eventually stop the crying on the forum.

Steam numbers prove you wrong.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

most people don't play on steam so it's quite irrelevant
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

most people don't play on steam so it's quite irrelevant

An exodus of players is very relevant. Only GGG knows the true numbers and information on lab and they post nothing so we just assume the worst.
I wouldn't count on any change in posting habits if the issue isn't officially addressed (not simply extrapolated from inaction or lack of communication).

The potential lack of changes in this patch will not mean anything.
Dang 250+ pages of posts. Guess peeps either love the lab or hate it. I hate it. Get rid of it GGG. But i'm a poor excuse of a player that cant do the lab (dont believe me? Check my characters out, none have ascendencies, and i have a few that are 80+).

Personal feelings aside, a new niche has been established with the Lab Farmers. Drops, enchants, and carries. All good things. It would be kinda mean to get rid of the lab and uproot the new niche that has been just beginning to take hold.

But i'm more important than any kind of objective reasoning. I'm the Main Character in my life so how I feel about things matter most. Get rid of the lab. And gimme ascendencies when i beat malachai in normal, cruel, and merciless. Chop Chop. Make it happen.
"
Tenembre wrote:
Dang 250+ pages of posts. Guess peeps either love the lab or hate it. I hate it. Get rid of it GGG. But i'm a poor excuse of a player that cant do the lab (dont believe me? Check my characters out, none have ascendencies, and i have a few that are 80+).

Personal feelings aside, a new niche has been established with the Lab Farmers. Drops, enchants, and carries. All good things. It would be kinda mean to get rid of the lab and uproot the new niche that has been just beginning to take hold.

But i'm more important than any kind of objective reasoning. I'm the Main Character in my life so how I feel about things matter most. Get rid of the lab. And gimme ascendencies when i beat malachai in normal, cruel, and merciless. Chop Chop. Make it happen.

They aren't going to get rid of it and they aren't going to give you the points for something YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO TO PROGRESS THRU THE REST OF THE GAME.

If you "cant" do the lab then its because you don't try. If you are failing at the lab very high chances you fail at higher end content as well, because you don't plan and don't try. These are things that the game used to require, planning, adjusting and overcoming challenges.

Last thing this game needs is people that don't even attempt to do the content to suggest changes.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info