SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
sofocle10000 wrote:

The economic implications had better ways to be resolved, and as such it just resembles sloppy work - make it so easy that the casual n00bs won't complain because they can pay for a carry, and they don't even have to face the "hard fight", instead of making it more balanced for everyone to be encouraged to actually play the content, there would have been way more QQ if they didn't used this technique...

That's likely, yes.

Which is also a reason why it will not become a solo area.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 29, 2016, 3:51:56 AM
If they can't make Lab a solo only experience, then they should at least require the whole group to be present at Izaro fights, else you forfeit Ascension points. The fact that the person who is carried can just wait outside and still ascend, is a travesty and an afront to the supposed "hardcore" nature of PoE.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 29, 2016, 4:00:22 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

For example, as I proposed already ( not sure which thread, too many ) :
The back door of Izaro could lock itself after Izaro dies, or spawns.
Or, even easier : Izaro can not spawn until all participants enter the room.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
morbo wrote:
If they can't make Lab a solo only experience, then they should at least require the whole group to be present at Izaro fights, else you forfeit Ascension points. The fact that the person who is carried can just wait outside and still ascend, is a travesty and an afront to the supposed "hardcore" nature of PoE.

While I somewhat agree with you, I don't think GGG wanted everyone to be forced into the room by design. I think it was likely done so that they could make the lab the all or nothing experience it is today, without having checkpoints\WP\ect.

I don't think they would change this from what it is now to where you have to be in the room to get the AC points, not only would that just lead to more complaints, but it doesn't fit the design of the game, if boss fight carries are common in the rest of the game, the lab shouldn't be an exception to that IMO.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
morbo wrote:

So, you know mate I agree with you. What always baffled me are people who point out that the Ascension is for the worthy only, you know, got to prove you deserve Ascendancy points by beating the labyrinth and Izaro are the same people that see nothing wrong with twiddling their thumbs while waiting for someone else to finish off the boss. Which is in separate room. So much for proving you are WORTHY.

Lab shouldn't be exception? Lab is exception, no other boss but Izaro grants you Ascendancy points (a reward for taking on the deadly maze) and not letting cheese kills on that one would fit perfectly into the lab design. GGG wanted to make it hardcore experience for everyone right?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
So, we all agree that it isn't a test of skill. It's a test of trading a few chaos to someone with an over leveled character specifically designed to trivialize the content in order to provide safe passage for others.

As it stands, the lab is designed to be an annoyance for people who'd rather not buy free power.

It's no wonder people are always complaining that PoE is too easy. It truly IS too easy because of the 'designed for economy' credo.

If the lab is too remain such a cheese-fest, at least make it a more palatable cheese-fest. :)

(and what Gathor said above - think we posted concurrently)
"
So, we all agree that it isn't a test of skill. It's a test of trading a few chaos to someone with an over leveled character specifically designed to trivialize the content in order to provide safe passage for others.

Here is the thing, the only thing you can get carried true is the regular game parts. The boss fights and the normal mobs. You can't get carried through most of the traps, you have to be able to get past them.

Izaro is a boss fight just like any other, it does include a few more mechanics, but overall it is a normal fight, exspecially versions one and two. Also there isn't really a reason to get carried through, because 3 of the izaros can be easily outleveled.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Here is the thing, the only thing you can get carried true is the regular game parts. The boss fights and the normal mobs. You can't get carried through most of the traps, you have to be able to get past them.

Izaro is a boss fight just like any other, it does include a few more mechanics, but overall it is a normal fight, exspecially versions one and two. Also there isn't really a reason to get carried through, because 3 of the izaros can be easily outleveled.

Almost all content in the game can be easily outleveled, still there is a reason why people pay for boss kills in the game and why people will pay for lab runs as well.

"
Lab shouldn't be exception? Lab is exception, no other boss but Izaro grants you Ascendancy points (a reward for taking on the deadly maze) and not letting cheese kills on that one would fit perfectly into the lab design. GGG wanted to make it hardcore experience for everyone right?

This would only lead to more complaints, they wanted it to be a more hardcore experience and it still is, even with a carry, it just isn't impossible to ascend on a build that has no way to actually do the challenge solo. IMO the change would be good, but the change would lead to more complaints, so it won't happen.

FeelsBadMan

"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Not true.

The salesman can run around gathering keys, flipping switches and opening doors so that most of the traps can be easily bypassed.
"
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Not true.

The salesman can run around gathering keys, flipping switches and opening doors so that most of the traps can be easily bypassed.

Most isn't the correct term, at best 1\2 of the traps can be bypassed, but I'd argue that that number is much lower then that. Of course we'd need to review various lab runs to compare, but in my experience that is the case.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info