SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
The only potential problem I see, is that players will 'sell' their instances which will in turn tick off the lab run salesmen.

Yeah, selling of instances. Good point.

Also, handling instances in the case of a party of players.

That's two things that will have to be considered and/or worked around.

It sounds like a potentially reasonable solution to me. Selling "instances" could work? I would not hire a labyrinth carry just on principle but buying an item that provides an alternative to earn ascendancy points with fun arpg style play instead of boring play would be reasonable?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
The only potential problem I see, is that players will 'sell' their instances which will in turn tick off the lab run salesmen.

Yeah, selling of instances. Good point.

Also, handling instances in the case of a party of players.

That's two things that will have to be considered and/or worked around.

It sounds like a potentially reasonable solution to me. Selling "instances" could work? I would not hire a labyrinth carry just on principle but buying an item that provides an alternative to earn ascendancy points with fun arpg style play instead of boring play would be reasonable?

Well, I wasn't actually suggesting an item, really. More like a randomly spawning dungeon with Izaro inside.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I think having him have a % chance per red map spawn (that gets higher per map is a great idea).
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Aug 28, 2016, 1:35:31 PM
If ascending your character is such a huge thing to make you worthy of it then why is it not solo only? This invalidates several of the reasons lab lovers make on this whole thing.
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
If ascending your character is such a huge thing to make you worthy of it then why is it not solo only? This invalidates several of the reasons lab lovers make on this whole thing.

You are aware that this is an online game right, and then support archetype is something that GGG wants to encourage right ?
Or maybe you are just trolling .... that would be soo surprising.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

You are aware that this is an online game right, and then support archetype is something that GGG wants to encourage right ?

Whats the point of it if its not a gear and skill check, carries are legalized cheating.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Whats the point of it if its not a gear and skill check, carries are legalized cheating.
There could be ways to disallow carries other than completely removing lab group play.
Some parts of the lab are encouraging group play, removing that would be silly.

For example, as I proposed already ( not sure which thread, too many ) :
The back door of Izaro could lock itself after Izaro dies, or spawns.
Or, even easier : Izaro can not spawn until all participants enter the room.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

If "supporting" was actively encouraged, you would have to be at least in the chamber for the Izaro fight, and you couldn't wait at the Aspirant Trial area. As such your point is rendered null by the implementation used by GGG - they should make it mandatory that you must face at least the trap layout if you have a carry to finish Izaro off in the same time...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

If "supporting" was actively encouraged, you would have to be at least in the chamber for the Izaro fight, and you couldn't wait at the Aspirant Trial area. As such your point is rendered null by the implementation used by GGG - they should make it mandatory that you must face at least the trap layout if you have a carry to finish Izaro off in the same time...

Supporting is being encouraged.
Trap patterns with timed levers are an obvious proof of this.

Now GGG seem to also want to allow carries, probably becayse economy.

Supporting definitely is encouraged.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 29, 2016, 2:57:23 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Supporting is being encouraged.
Trap patterns with timed levers are an obvious proof of this.

Now GGG seem to also want to allow carries, probably becayse economy.

Supporting definitely is encouraged.

I thought that the trap patterns with timed levers encouraged party playing but to each their own.

If supporting is actively encouraged, they still have to make it mandatory to face the Izaro fight at the same time with your carry, as you had to face all the act bosses at least (and the trap gauntlets also)...

The economic implications had better ways to be resolved, and as such it just resembles sloppy work - make it so easy that the casual n00bs won't complain because they can pay for a carry, and they don't even have to face the "hard fight", instead of making it more balanced for everyone to be encouraged to actually play the content, there would have been way more QQ if they didn't used this technique...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Aug 29, 2016, 3:09:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info