[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Hello.

Instead of Lighting coil can i use Kaom's heart. it seem it would be better cuz of the bigger hp pool i would get. thx
What is the point of getting frenzy charges? Guide doesn't mention anything about them
"
canlezzz wrote:
What is the point of getting frenzy charges? Guide doesn't mention anything about them

Bloodrage & kill
"
canlezzz wrote:

The Point is to get Frenzy charges up while doing maps and leaping from pack to pack. Since Blood Rage self sustains, you only need to use Enduring Cry.

To be honest though, it is very much worth thinking about dropping all the charge nodes in my opinion, since this build has no problem with clearing speed on trash mobs whatsoever, but struggles with bosses, because it can't sustain well enough, which means additional life, damage or leech nodes are probably a better choice for endgame content, since you won't get max endurance charges on single target boss or frenzy charges at all.

To be fair, if you're looking to take this into endgame I would suggest looking at Norsemans Guide, which is an Earthquake Slayer Build, because of the strong leeching ascendancy nodes of slayer. I'm looking to switch away from this build myself at the moment to something more expensive but stronger for bosses.

If you're a first time player who is just starting out, I can strongly recommend the build though, it levels insanely fast, can clear quite some endgame content on a real budget and is very fun to play if you like melee. You might want to change the build from Mace to Axe and from Champion to Slayer, though, if you plan to take on all of the content on this character.

There is nothing inherently wrong with Maces, but the strongest non rare you can get is probably the Marohi Erqi and although the damage on it is great, its abyssmal attack speed (Leap Slam) and penalty on movement speed is a chore to play with once you get into fights that you can not just facetank, but need to manouver around in (Breachlords, Atziri...)

Just my 2 cents on the build after playing it for a while.

If you're interested:

I beat Uber Izaro on the build, breachlord Esh (arguably the easiest) and normal Atziri so far, I failed on Xoph, but wasn't very prepared for it either (he can be tough on melee characters, because of all the shit he spawns).

This was on 5 link Marohi and 5 link Coil.

Edit: Just beat Xoph as well, after altering the passive tree a bit more. Basically I specced out of all the Endurance Charge nodes, got some more HP and got more leech nodes. The start of the Xoph fight went pretty smooth, I was able to just tank through his stuff, near the end his damage just gets way too high to leech through, though and he killed me in 1-2 seconds, I basically kited him around and let the Totem finish him off.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 8, 2017, 10:41:36 AM
What did you recomend for single dps?
"
thayave wrote:
What did you recomend for single dps?

Single Target & Damage Buff Setup:

- Warchief Totem, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, Concentrated Effect.
Hi I am new to PoE and I just started leveling a Marauder.
Is the build like this also viable for Marauder, sine there is the Skilltree for it attached as well?
"
Surfaze wrote:
Hi I am new to PoE and I just started leveling a Marauder.
Is the build like this also viable for Marauder, sine there is the Skilltree for it attached as well?

The only difference are your starting stats in Str/Dex and you will have Marauder a Ascendency Class.

Here is the Marauder-Tree with Ascendency (as you can read in 1. Post)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAPe5FrvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8aPsEEFCB8uHlo7w4pLqluUEfxrMAad-PkUVcNeA1vOwHcl3nZYdIhlmzzm7XyhNkJlq2N8kGRzmhlNZLKkEd-qZQ5Ds9-ggf-j9i96Ua9Nnh6h2p2rNl8TeP-CorwZU2pJ-oYplfyRcSCvqeE71Hm9zI64aLq2sG0L3KpfNkS4S5TQzF07SE0rKrTb8MzTP8FLUE_WfNaGtZYeu_fsp8-GjiPYJSHLdKQVZ7FJy862DKJd-VX4u0ggpvhc6IABLPwH8BmaPI8Ba9sn9_vfGvZNI6GO8ABBsZdpN3V8430gw==
Last edited by KageeHinata on Jan 17, 2017, 9:52:51 AM
My thoughts on this Build:

This Char is my first above 90 and my second above 85. (First was a Firestorm Witch with PewPewPews Build)

I've specced out from all Charge-Nodes and got some Leech/Attack/Attack-Speed.
Also I got some alternative Aura/Reservation-Skills:
Green: Haste, Arctic Armour
Red: Anger, Determination

IMHO Haste is really nice, because you can get close to the Boss, make two hits and run away.
Additionally I got myself a "Lion's Roar Flask"

Playing alone is no Problem. Twinned Mineral Pools or Vault with Temporal Chains & Vulnerability.
I've beaten UberIzaro, but haven't tried even normal Atziri.
I really like the tanky-nes of this Build and being close to my prey.
Hello Guys,

can anyone take a look at my Gear, the name off my EQ char in my profile is "EQslayIt"

Is the weapon and chest ok with that stats, a 6 link was too expensive for me...

The belt i have in stash is a level 67 rustic sash with increased physical, max life, armour and high resis, i need 4 level up to equip the belt.

Is the 5 Link for Earthquake ok from my Marohi Erqi? Or is that linking off the gems for Slayer not recommend?

I want to go for a Slayer, which flasks will i take? The flasks from the guide are ok for it?

Only the rings must be changed, this are ones from leveling. Important stats are "maximum life --> resis --> physical flat dmg) is this right?

And how much intelligence and dexterity should i have in the Endgame?

Thanks for help guys, but its my first EQ build.

PS: Gerne auch auf deutsch, oder per PN. :)
Last edited by iVeDAkiLLa on Jan 20, 2017, 1:13:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info