[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Might go back to this build
"
Kharadas wrote:
Thanks for the nice guide.

I got a question:

How do the jewel stats: Inc. Physical Damage% / Inc. Area Damage%

compare to

Physical Damage with Maces +% , Melee Damage +% , Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons +%

What is better and in what order ?

the only difference is that area damage, increased damage double dips with poison and bleed if you have then so it dosent matter much
ign : Svensk
What about gloves, boots, helmet and etc. ? Should i buy whatever i want and just look to have preffered stats?
Can someone link there gear and gem setup in HCB, so far I love this build and just wanna know what to aim for.
For the guys asking about Uberlab and Breaches, I just did Uberlab solo with this build, after about a week of playing on my first character ever. I had to alter the aura setup to:

-Enfeeble + Blasphemy instead of Hatred.

-Arctic Armor

-and Herald of Ashes

to get as much damage mitigation as possible for Izaro. With that setup I was pretty much able to just tank him straight up. I used 3 Health Flasks and 2 Basalt in the fight, all in all it was pretty easy to be honest, I didn't really come close to dying.

I did the fight with my original helmet, which was just a rare with the necessary stats, after the first run I bought a Devoto's Devotion, I think the extra attack speed, movement speed and additional 10% physical reduction will make the lab even more of a breeze and Devoto's is pretty cheap, too.

High tier maps and breaches are no problem either as this build is fantastic at disposing large amounts of mobs in no time. The build feels very strong overall, the only problem I had so far was with certain bosses like Uber Izaro or Breachlords.(One Tier 14 Map Boss also hit like a truck) I will have to test the new build on the Breachlords, etc. .

I'd estimate my gear worth at about 50c, I think that's pretty good for clearing Uberlab, then again I'm new to the game and have no Idea. Other characters can probably do it without spending 1c, but I'm pretty satisfied with the build so far.

I'll run Uber Izaro again tomorrow with the altered build and new helm and I'll try to record the run for anyone interested.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 3, 2017, 9:23:09 PM
I have a question.

Why not take Rampart in passive tree?? It gives a lot of bonuses to fortify.
Rampart is way too far off from the main build route to justify the investment, you will always be better off investing the 10 points it costs to get there somewhere else.

By the way, I shot the video of the Uberlab run today, will see if I can cut it tomorrow. I am also tinkering with the build a bit to make it more viable for boss fights, seeing as that might be its main weakness. (Or my gear is just too bad for the stuff im trying at the moment :D )
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 4, 2017, 8:40:59 PM
"
For the guys asking about Uberlab and Breaches, I just did Uberlab solo with this build, after about a week of playing on my first character ever. I had to alter the aura setup to:

-Enfeeble + Blasphemy instead of Hatred.

-Arctic Armor

-and Herald of Ashes
[...]

Would you post your Character-Stats? Life/Armour, Earthquake DPS...?
I really don't know, whether my values are ok, or far off.

I actually have (lvl 90):
5,500 Life
12,000 Armour -> 49% mitigation

Earthquake DPS:
42,000 with full Frenzy Charges
My life was 5,5k, Armour about 6k, Damage was around 30k I think with the defensive setup. Before you charge in now, factor in that I did use lightning coil, which is a huge deal in mitigating physical damage.

I did him a couple of times since my first run and I tried a run with a Belly of the Beast, which definitely is worse than Lightning Coil for Lab (who woulda thought), although it might fare better against some elemental damage bosses like the breachlords.

I also did a run with a fully charged Izaro and I would not recommend that on my current gear, I did manage to beat him, but that was nowhere close to a save fight.(have that one recorded as well)

Izaro without buffs as well as Argus with Lightning Coil and Devotos was really no big deal at all.

I did fight Breachlord Esh yesterday and beat him, I died a couple of times(was my first time fighting him though), but it was manageable, the problem with this build is the huge damage bosses pump out, that you have to sustain, meaning you need a BIG life pool to not get 1 shot and an insane amount of leech to get your health back, as well as the problem that staying mobile while earthquaking is difficult, the bosses really seem to be designed to try avoiding alot of the attacks instead of tanking them, which is hard for melee, the totem unfortunately doesn't really help much either with bosses, since it just dies too quickly to deal damage.

I specced some points down to vitality void, as that should already improve leeching alot, I'm gonna do some more testing.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 5, 2017, 6:43:32 AM
Danke Onkel, für die schnelle Antwort.
Thanks for quick reply. Good to know my gear isn't this bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info