[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
sagaboi707 wrote:
Really loving this build so far this is my first character and it's making this game very fun to learn but i have a quick question.

I have a 4 link helm with cwdt linked to 3 other gems that works great but i also have another 4 link boot with cwdt that doesnt cast at all...the boot linked are hatred summon flame golem herald and cwdt. Am i doing something wrong?

Same - the Golem summoning works, but neither Herald nor Hatred are supported by CWDT gem for me. Levels are fine, links are fine, but they just aren't supported.

Last edited by pardalote on Mar 8, 2017, 12:55:37 AM
You have to cast the buffs yourself, they aren't supported by CWDT.
How are we supposed to sustain the endurance charges? Blood rage more or less ensures constant Frenzy Charges, but what about endurance charges? Thanks for any reply.
"
asn0304 wrote:
How are we supposed to sustain the endurance charges? Blood rage more or less ensures constant Frenzy Charges, but what about endurance charges? Thanks for any reply.

I find that in most maps, the density is good enough to where Blood Rage will stay up most of the time and you only have to re-apply it a few times. I tried using it with CWDT but it's kind of a waste of a gem slot and better to just cast it yourself I find.
"
Thor1992 wrote:
"
asn0304 wrote:

I find that in most maps, the density is good enough to where Blood Rage will stay up most of the time and you only have to re-apply it a few times. I tried using it with CWDT but it's kind of a waste of a gem slot and better to just cast it yourself I find.

I understand your point, but Blood Rage only provides with FRENZY Charges. My question was about ENDURANCE charges, seeing as they are also a part of the build. How are we supposed to sustain ENDURANCE charges?

Thank you for your reply.

Edit:
After some research, I found that just casting Enduring cry can be the best way, alternative ways include CwDT + Warlord's mark(lvl 1 and 5 respectively), using the The red dream jewel or a blasphemy warlord's mark with level 4 enlighten.

These are ordered from cheapest to expensive methods. This only applies to non-Juggernaut ascendancy.

Consequently, I also did some calculation between Juggernaut

and Champion

ascendancies and here's the details for anyone else who might want to compare.

Here's an aggregated direct text from the screenshot

Juggernaut

14% Movement speed
30+24+42=96% damage increased(Assuming perma fortify from gem)
60% increased armor
1.9% Life Regen(Assuming you have perma fortify)

+Can't be slowed below base movement speed(no effect of tarred ground etc)
+Can't be slowed below base animation(see wiki for more info)
+25% increased effect of Fortify
+Almost permanent full endurance charges.

Champion
15% Attack speed
8% Movement speed
58+35=93% increased damage + 40% if you are not on low life(above 35% HP).
90% increased armor/evasion+200% when on low life

+Permanent Fortify
+Elemental Status Ailments removed on low life(when you fall below 35% HP, doesn't work if already on low life when ailments apply)
+5% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you cast(effective only for Hatred).
+Hits cause Intimidate on enemies with full life, granting 10% more damage against such enemies.

These include both bonuses from minor as well as notable ascendancies.
You can decide for yourself which one you prefer from the comparison, as well as what you need to cover up in gear what you miss from not picking the other ascendancy.

Last edited by asn0304 on Mar 10, 2017, 5:54:57 AM
What's up with this part of the passive tree??

"
Thor1992 wrote:
"
asn0304 wrote:

Thanks. (thats my other account, in case you are wondering).
"
asn0304 wrote:
"
Thor1992 wrote:
"
asn0304 wrote:

I understand your point, but Blood Rage only provides with FRENZY Charges. My question was about ENDURANCE charges, seeing as they are also a part of the build. How are we supposed to sustain ENDURANCE charges?

Thank you for your reply.

Edit:
After some research, I found that just casting Enduring cry can be the best way, alternative ways include CwDT + Warlord's mark(lvl 1 and 5 respectively), using the The red dream jewel or a blasphemy warlord's mark with level 4 enlighten.

These are ordered from cheapest to expensive methods. This only applies to non-Juggernaut ascendancy.

Consequently, I also did some calculation between Juggernaut

and Champion

ascendancies and here's the details for anyone else who might want to compare.

Here's an aggregated direct text from the screenshot

Juggernaut

14% Movement speed
30+24+42=96% damage increased(Assuming perma fortify from gem)
60% increased armor
1.9% Life Regen(Assuming you have perma fortify)

+Can't be slowed below base movement speed(no effect of tarred ground etc)
+Can't be slowed below base animation(see wiki for more info)
+25% increased effect of Fortify
+Almost permanent full endurance charges.

Champion
15% Attack speed
8% Movement speed
58+35=93% increased damage + 40% if you are not on low life(above 35% HP).
90% increased armor/evasion+200% when on low life

+Permanent Fortify
+Elemental Status Ailments removed on low life(when you fall below 35% HP, doesn't work if already on low life when ailments apply)
+5% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you cast(effective only for Hatred).
+Hits cause Intimidate on enemies with full life, granting 10% more damage against such enemies.

These include both bonuses from minor as well as notable ascendancies.
You can decide for yourself which one you prefer from the comparison, as well as what you need to cover up in gear what you miss from not picking the other ascendancy.

It's a obvious choice for this build imo, the movement speed and the damage from endurance charges alone is enough to go juggernaut, will end up giving you more permanent damage while being faster and more tankier.
Guys what do you think of CWDT with Immortal Call?

Its great and all that but I honestly find it a bit more annoying because even with CWDT lvl 8-10 CWDT procs too fast and immortal call eats your endurance charges.

I am thinking of removing immortal call so my endurance charges can stay up all the time so I can keep soaking up incoming damage OR just make CWDT lvl 20 so it only procs on like big attacks.

Oh, I am playing Slayer btw.. so no juggernaut or champion.
Last edited by marfjuhhh on Mar 18, 2017, 11:51:01 PM
I'm using this build (it's my first ever character, so please be extra-patient with me) and I almost followed this 1:1 with my Champion.

I've still got a couple of questions:

1) Uber Izaro is wrecking me, is the fight MEANT to be extra-hard or am I just noob?
2) Is my equip adequate? What should i be looking for to improve damage or defences?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info