[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

I was planning to do a similar build except going full phys. Is the phys to lightning`gem+the elemental damage nodes in the templar area such a big damage boost? I wanted to take the better fortify nodes go along the bottom like this: http://i.imgur.com/OSw2dBS.png
Last edited by AlVash2 on Mar 3, 2016, 11:45:32 AM
Why would you use phys to lightning with a marohi ? Id just use conq effect. You can also go for the ascendancy with more area mb ?

Also why not just play marauder ? I made a marauder tree thats way more tanky and uses berserker for insane dmg output, while having like ~100% more armor.

I thought about using determination/blasphemy warlords mark, since i have the berserkers 40% more dmg, imo way better than using hatred + ele dmg nodes since mobs have ele resitances and skilling the ele dmg nodes seems like a waste of points to me. Also conq effect should be way better than phys to lightning.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8aPhQg8i98uO8OKS5QR_Gs5FFXDZd5Z5vZYdIhlmzzmwmWrj6tjZ7N8kGRzmhlOQ7Grs9-pzCCBzwtDF8LYXasAeeDX4PMHKevbOoYFE026Bv6tz5TpWvZaPJR5vcy_EsaVUZpJd_-CjSO8B93U7QvfNm8n2EhtizyRdi9hjuiADs7ITQYkYTvpBk64TWSBLOexUE_2sGpJ6Lqplf-j8BmQzF07S5TeHoS4U3jMZ48BcMzBS3Tb6mUn9_vfFoaeu-HaoTZR369NmVNvqc=

any thoughts ? Since i didnt play the alpha iam not so sure about certain things but determination should make up for the loss of fortify ?
Last edited by aGnosticc on Mar 3, 2016, 11:56:31 AM
@liftingnerdbro Could u add some screenshots of your buffed/unbuffed dps please. Why do u go without using concentrated effect? Thx in advance
For you guys who asks about why I don't go with Conc effect. The simple answer is that it isn't necessary and it that only reduces your clear speed by reducing your area of effect. There is nothing inherently wrong with conc. effect though, so if you prefer the higher (but unecessary damage) then go for it!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
TinyClown wrote:
@liftingnerdbro Could u add some screenshots of your buffed/unbuffed dps please. Why do u go without using concentrated effect? Thx in advance

I don't have time to fix it right now, but with shitty gear I had about 25.000 dps on Earthquake. Much higher numbers can be achieved though :)
"
aGnosticc wrote:
Why would you use phys to lightning with a marohi ? Id just use conq effect. You can also go for the ascendancy with more area mb ?

Also why not just play marauder ? I made a marauder tree thats way more tanky and uses berserker for insane dmg output, while having like ~100% more armor.

I thought about using determination/blasphemy warlords mark, since i have the berserkers 40% more dmg, imo way better than using hatred + ele dmg nodes since mobs have ele resitances and skilling the ele dmg nodes seems like a waste of points to me. Also conq effect should be way better than phys to lightning.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8aPhQg8i98uO8OKS5QR_Gs5FFXDZd5Z5vZYdIhlmzzmwmWrj6tjZ7N8kGRzmhlOQ7Grs9-pzCCBzwtDF8LYXasAeeDX4PMHKevbOoYFE026Bv6tz5TpWvZaPJR5vcy_EsaVUZpJd_-CjSO8B93U7QvfNm8n2EhtizyRdi9hjuiADs7ITQYkYTvpBk64TWSBLOexUE_2sGpJ6Lqplf-j8BmQzF07S5TeHoS4U3jMZ48BcMzBS3Tb6mUn9_vfFoaeu-HaoTZR369NmVNvqc=

any thoughts ? Since i didnt play the alpha iam not so sure about certain things but determination should make up for the loss of fortify ?

To be fair bro, those are very different builds - and if that is what you prefer I see nothing wrong with that.

The reason I like the champion is that it allows me to use an additional support gem instead of fortify, and the inspirational keystone (together with the buffed effect of fortify) makes up for the otherwise reduced movement speed you get from the Marohi. The champion basically turns an otherwise somewhat slow build into a fast build.

Conc. effect is simply not worth it. The thing that makes Earthquake "magical" is the insane area of effect it has. The damage is already good enough so there is no point in sacrificing your aoe :)
"
"
TinyClown wrote:

I don't have time to fix it right now, but with shitty gear I had about 25.000 dps on Earthquake. Much higher numbers can be achieved though :)

marohi erqi you used on alpha is definately not a shitty gear for that build. and most of the damage in this build comes from a weapon, and since attack speed is not that important, but raw physical damage on weapon, this hammer is a BIS weapon, since it also has a built-in increased area of effect.
only some really rare axes/hammers/staves that will spawn with 300-500 min-max physical damage can be compared to marohi, and to exceed and/or compensate for a lack of the built-in AOE they will probably have to have at least 350-550 weapon range to be on par with marohi.

if earthquake will become popular the price of marohi will definately go up by a lot.

anyway, thanks for the guidelines.
this is a really cool build that i am planning to use myself, and i do hope that my progress won't be limited and slowed down due to not finding/trading weapon mighty enough :)
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on Mar 3, 2016, 2:28:36 PM
Hmm you might be right. But i mean you have inc area support and area nodes. That should be enough for conq effect to still clear very well.

And only in a dense map, more area means more clearspeed. There are many where insane are does nothing.

Do you think your build will reach the dmg needed for T15 maps ? Thats a concern i have. Sure you can have an insane rare mace but lets try to do it with a marohi.

"
k4n3 wrote:
"
"
TinyClown wrote:

marohi erqi you used on alpha is definately not a shitty gear for that build. and most of the damage in this build comes from a weapon, and since attack speed is not that important, but raw physical damage on weapon, this hammer is a BIS weapon, since it also has a built-in increased area of effect.
only some really rare axes/hammers/staves that will spawn with 300-500 min-max physical damage can be compared to marohi, and to exceed and/or compensate for a lack of the built-in AOE they will probably have to have at least 350-550 weapon range to be on par with marohi.

if earthquake will become popular the price of marohi will definately go up by a lot.

anyway, thanks for the guidelines.
this is a really cool build that i am planning to use myself, and i do hope that my progress won't be limited and slowed down due to not finding/trading weapon mighty enough :)

Well fair enough the Marohi is of course pretty great - I was referring to my other gear. That hammer is as you say pretty much best in slot, with only a very very few exceptions (rare maces). It is for that reason I recommend it for the build :)

"
aGnosticc wrote:
Hmm you might be right. But i mean you have inc area support and area nodes. That should be enough for conq effect to still clear very well.

And only in a dense map, more area means more clearspeed. There are many where insane are does nothing.

Do you think your build will reach the dmg needed for T15 maps ? Thats a concern i have. Sure you can have an insane rare mace but lets try to do it with a marohi.

Well I can't make any promises. I have only been able to test it in a tier 10 map. In this I was still pretty much one shotting everything (initial hit + quake) and it was with terrible gear (except the marohi), so. Yea I do think it will be fine for tier 15 if you can find the gear for it. I can't make any promises though =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info