2.2 ABSOLUTE BEST SRS ( EB MOM ZO )

My tip for the build, STONE GOLEM gives life regen and it helps a lot with Zealot's Oath and it's quite tanky, it gives you infinite mana (ES) while levelling (with a 5L SRS it's starting to not be enough, but it's still very high)
Great tip with the stone golem, will be using that.

Tiny thread hijack incoming - I like the concept of the build a great deal and wanted to share the tweaked version I'll be using this season for SRS:

Some high level notes about the above tree vs OP's tree:
Lose 4 jewel slots - may need to add these in to increase damage to a point, but will cross that bridge as I come to it
Has much less mana - I'm not sure why OP has so much +mana in original tree when all auras are reserving %
Has much more ES (about double % ES)
Has a bit more life
Has more cast speed

In particular I dropped any jewel nodes where 3+ points are spent for no benefit other than the jewel (+mana, +ele dmg, etc.)
I dropped life/mana nodes in favor of pure life or life/anything else
In particular the 6 points above charisma in the shadow region I saw as valuable - 20dex,30 str,6% cast spd, 20% life, 5 life/kill for 6 points.

Biggest problems I foresee are getting ES gear as I level, deciding when to flip the switch on EB/ZO/MOM, and getting functional points in the skill tree. I'm spending a great deal of points on the early levels right now pathing around the tree so I can take e.g. EB soon as I'm ready. Not the most optimal, but would rather not optimize around presuming reallocating points.

Side note, I'm really interested in what this build would look like with some points shifted to curses and using a http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Heretic%27s_Veil. Lose an aura or two but gain some aura curses - potentially more valuable. Not sure.
ign: SeriouslySRSLY
Last edited by Thrombo on Mar 7, 2016, 7:04:26 PM
hey guys thanks for all the feedback sorry i haven't addressed questions been playing on perandus a lot. I did manage to get 6/6 necromancer on this guy. I think the stone golem is a great recommendation and will definitely switch, didn't even thing about that embarrassed to say.

as for the earlier questions about choices i made on the tree:

"
Thrombo wrote:
Couple questions/potential areas for improvement:

Noted that you didn't get exceptional performance - do you find that your SRS minions last long enough with the extra 30% from necro tree alone or do you wish you had the 45% from exceptional perf.?

You're right next to the hired killer wheel but didn't take it. Just shy on points or felt you had enough life? (?)

As previously mentioned, you start with 2 dead points and then spend 4 on +13% cast speed/20 int. Wouldn't it be better to spend those 6 points on 34 ES/20 int/20 mana/25% mana regen/38% inc. ES/10% inc. ES recharge rate?

You can take another +15% inc. minion damage toward herd the flock for 2 pts. Since you're at 90% with this build seems reasonable to me for 2 points.

You take the jewel socket between minion instab. and avatar of fire, which is 4 dead travel points. Instead, you could take the one to the bottom-left of scion and have only 3 dead points (one is 5% life).

Let me try to address this 1 by 1. Yes we have an excess of duration now and it would be way out of the way to get the others unless you are maybe scion. With when we ascend we get even more duration.

I should first off say passives are very very scarce in srs , while there are a ton of passives id love to have like the minion damage on the way to herd of flock at 94 i just couldnt get them however maybe on the way to 100. keep that in mind im level 94 i still have 6 more passives coming to be complete tree.

Now that we have the insane cast speed boost from the ascendancy "offering spells affect you" your right the es path may be better for us than cast speed but at the time cast speed was very important. Even now cast speed still may be better considering i have enough es to do seemingly any content. Also you will have to spend 1 extra passive your way bc you will have to take minion life to get to the path we are on.

if possible clarify the jewel issue where you say i spend 4 to get to the one i have now and could be doing a better one with life. i have looked at that jewel going south on the tree where i would be taking strength nodes which = life but as i see it i only use 3 points to get mine and that is 5 points if i take the strength node.
One last update - this build absolutely SLAUGHTERS IZARO, not only do i wreck him on merciless in about `1 second ( precasting is OP ) Ive carried two guys through the trial with horrible dps and in 3 person mode i STILL bring him down in 1-2 seconds.
Hi. Thx for posting the build, however would you mind giving an idea of how you progressed the skill tree. Im lvl 45 and kind of at a crossroads so to speak. Feeling a bit squishy and mana is getting tough if i put in melee phys as 5th link. I did manage to get a 5l staff but its not plus 1 or 2.....got 11% cast spd so i stopped rolling. Thank you for any guidance you can offer. Im looking forward to this working out so i may smash izaro too. :)
"
Gibbonsj01 wrote:
would you mind giving an idea of how you progressed the skill tree. Im lvl 45 and kind of at a crossroads so to speak. Feeling a bit squishy and mana is getting tough if i put in melee phys as 5th link.

Hi, unfortunately ive never done any summoner build to level - srs is a build that i know of as "end game" and gets fantastic when the level of your srs gets in the high 20s. That being said, I am aware that they buffed minions at low levels in an attempt to make summoner viable for leveling. My suggestion would be to level as a full summoner not pure srs. So get yourself zombies spectres and use srs as an addon or even throw it in a totem and take ancestral bond.

If your at the point where you have more es than mana you can try eldritch battery and zealots oath and be sure to grab the stone golem for added regeneration. If your not ready to make the EB switch there are some common mana temporary fixes, elreon rings are great, Atziri's Foible is an amulet that can often help with mana situations temporarily.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions.
Last edited by muddzlinga on Mar 8, 2016, 10:28:52 AM
I'm gonna share my tree though i'm still very early leveling (couldn't decide which build to play this league started like 4 builds, got my bladefaller to act4 cruel but played that all last league).

Only level 17 atm.

I took Unnatural Calm which i see everyone overlooking for that +1 lightning resistance.
More life (138%) from scion wheel and less jewels slots with a total of 5. Of course there is a little give/take with life and es if a couple more jewels were wanted.
91% ES total and this is on 111 points unlike op who is at 117.

Man, you are in the 90's already. good for you pushing hard. I will take me a while to get up there with work/kid/wife :( :)? hahaha.

Also, something i didn't see mentioned is this beauty for 'mana' es regen
not sure if it's ever needed but it's caught my eye for later that's 4% regen if it can be used.

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAALjA-4EBwSzB6UNfBEtFm8XLxhWGYoabBqPHNwdqh2-JKoo-iycMtEzhzWSNuk6WDrhQYdFR0ZxSbFJsktXTLNNuU3jVcZV1lfJWpFca1-wZOdodGjyaqxr22-ecLt8g3_GgKSCEIIegseDCYPbhEiExYUyhWCIQo8akyebtZ2uoS-iAKZXpwiofarErJi0DLc-uJO-isBmwOPBxcM6w23KSsrTzLzQH9P718_Yvdpi2wvfsOGI42rquuvu7Bjsiu-I7-vwH_Gz8kX22vfB99f5N_no-tL7Cf4K_kn-jw==

By grabbing all those aura nodes we do not need enlighten. IF we got an enlighten could drop the 4% aura up near the shadow area. auras probably hatred, haste and anger. I plan to run some zombies on either minion life or minion damage as well. If I have a curse likely temp chains possibly enfeeble for my safety but not sure.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I think your going to find, like i did, that you wont need that much ES on the tree. With the new stone golem my ES isnt even moving when i cast now. You just want enough really to cast 50 or so SRS and to not get your es entirely drained when you take a few big hits (mom). Also you will find you want a lot more Jewels, if you look at end game SRS builds, not just mine, the one thing they all share is absolutely the max jewels they can get, this was why scion was so popular for long time. This is the only way to push our minion damage bonus into the 300% range. Also you can take ES% combined with minion damage on these jewels if u wish and make up for the ES nodes u didnt take on tree. I prefer life/minion damage.
To start, can easily spec out of melding for +1 jewel socket (total 6) + 1pt unspent. The issue is there aren't many places to remove ES and life is already kind of low. To make up for that need life/minion jewels. Not sure how pricey those are to roll/buy. BUT could spec out of scion life nodes as needed as well.

IF I had life/minion jewels i could easily get 8 sockets for the same number of points which is 111pts. Your tree has 9 sockets but at 117pts. At same # passives I could get a 9th. Getting the 8 would remove melding fist then scion life nodes. IT would drop down to 98% life on tree (but would rise with jewels) and 66% es keeping +1% lightning resists.

I got a good chunk of time in today and made it to level 40. Grabbed upper left aura cluster and some minon damage nodes. Now heading west to charisma then up towards EB. Probably won't switch over to that until sometime in merci.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Mar 8, 2016, 7:17:09 PM
I am playing with this build in temp league Some observations:

-enlighten is very hard to have in the beginning of the league so i cant run 3 auras in this build
- Commander of darkness does not work on auras in generosity .. so only 2% increase cast speed . i dont know even is the other 2 auras count as commander of darkness bonus to minions
-Until i get enlighten lvl2 i use current setup without generosity to take advantage of commander of darkness:

discipline-hatered-haste-clarity lvl1 + Conqueror's Efficiency jewel

Last edited by arisgigi on Mar 9, 2016, 3:35:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info