[2.4] Bino's Budget Spectral Throw. Insane 85k DPS, Clear Speed and Defense!

Alright, going to stick it out. Thank you for the advice.
Today I hit 90, so as promised I will leave a feedback.

Unfortunately I didn't buy an evasion chest when I had the chance( was so cheap and I'm an idiot) so I'm stuck with the only 6L I had for now. On the other side I've upgraded to a 280~pdps dagger. Is worth every currency I paid for. I lost some crit chance but that dmg and attacks speed gained can't compare with bino.

Here is my current eq. ( needs upgrade but that's what I got atm):
Gear

I took "Sniper" nod as well and I need 3 more levels to get the last 2 jewel slots.
I don't see the point of using Enfeeble as you will cast Assasin straight away as you hit. Also I prefer IC over Tempest. ( saved me a lot of times from RIP).
I use Vaal Grace atm, but I think I'll change to Vaal Clarity. Or I could put the Golemn in weapon and use ID in shield. ( However I don't think is worth spending almost 1ex in chroms to get RRR on that shield)
I have both LMP and GMP.. in open maps, ( Arid, Gorge, etc) GMP is much faster imo. Hoever If I would do maps with lots of rares,unique mobs.. I'd go LMP as it has better dmg and focus. I also use Faster projectiles for single target.

Atm. I have a maximum of 8 frenzy charges and 1 jewel.
4.1~K hp/10k evasion/90~ res (in town)

Stats with max charges/ToH/Rampage/Onslaught ( I actually hit90k+ when Daresso procs but I did not manage to sync everything for a screenshot) **** note my gems are not fully leveled or all with quality.

Now the feedback:

My investment so far is about 20ex+ (self found rings/belt and self leveled gems)

+ good damage and clearing speed.
+ very fun to play
+ for my 4.1k hp, quite tanky. ( after lvl 85 I died maybe like 4 times. 1 reflect, rest cause of lag)
+ It will work even with cheap low gear, but ofc will lack in clearing speed and will not hit t10+

- really hard to cap crit chance without investing a lot of currency in gg items/jewels, and even so I doubt it will cap. ( my next 2 jewels will prob be focused on crit chance)
- starts slow until you get all the charges up. If you don't run fast..you loose the momentum
- lacks in single target damage. Mele setup works but you risk getting hit. I've only played mele chars so far so I prefer to stay range.
- sometimes vs single target runs out of mana if use range setup. ( even if i swap with leach ring)
- unless u use mirrored dagger, you'll never solo clear a party map.

Overall I think is a solid build, and superior to elemental, but more expensive. However ES LL will always be better. But with about 10X cost.

So far I only did T11 the highest. I'd prefer to get all jewels before trying t12-15 or atziri.

After I will hit 93 and get my jewel nods I will start testing the following:

swap WeD/Added Fire with Blood Magic in 6L and run :

Hatred + HoI + HoA + Enlighten - Helm
HoT + Enlighten + CoH + Assasin Mark - Gloves

Would that still work as it used to with Reduced Mana gem? ( I haven't calculated yet)

You exclude close combat, never run out of mana. Also free the mana leach passive nod. And swap GMP with Faster Projectiles for single target.

Last edited by alecs87 on May 9, 2016, 8:34:16 PM
@alecs87

Oh wow, thanks for all the great feedback.

Really nice gear, love the dagger. Life is a little low, but it should be fine. DPS is also really high as well.

I don't think the HoA + HoT setup will work sadly. You would need 2× lvl 4 enlightens and 12% reduced mana reservation to fit all those auras in. This will be really expensive.

Anywayw good luck with the build.
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 10, 2016, 8:28:07 AM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@alecs87

Oh wow, thanks for all the great feedback.

Really nice gear, love the dagger. Life is a little low, but it should be fine. DPS is also really high as well.

I don't think the HoA + HoT setup will work sadly. You would need 2× lvl 4 enlightens and 12% reduced mana reservation to fit all those auras in. This will be really expensive.

Anywayw good luck with the build.

Np. Indeed my life is a bit low.. that 100life on helm is a big trade for extra crit. However life on my rings/amu is pretty low. 70+hp ones, and 100life chest + 2 more jwls with 7%hp should give a decent boost on the way to 5K.

And yes, I've made the sum and indeed setup is not viable anymore.. It would be cheaper to buy a better dagger than 2 x lvl4 Enligh. and prob better damage in the end.

If I find something interested and beneficial changes I'll let you know. Atm I'm working on enchants. I think that 12% speed on boots would be nice. However I will keep mana/life leach for now.
Last edited by alecs87 on May 11, 2016, 8:59:55 AM

Is this a viable alt shield until i come across a better rare?
@alecs87

ah k, let me know if you find any changes.

@billy393

yep that shield is pretty good. You can use it until you find a better one.
Thanks for that. Just made it to Dried lake solo at LVL 66.

Gear so far :

I will be using these when i hit 69 :

Only getting about 7-8k dps with charges atm but my tree still needs alot of work and my gems are poor qualities and levels.

I found these great for leveling with spectral throw :

Last edited by billy393 on May 12, 2016, 2:09:52 AM
Hello, i'm kinda new in PoE and i'm doing your build but i wonder how you get your mana ? i see you spamming your spells but without loosing a lot of mana and you only have 0.4 mana leech nodes, is that really enought ? :o
Last edited by Clarove on May 15, 2016, 10:53:57 AM
@bill393

Nice work man, keep it up.

@clarove

Yep 0.4% mana leech node is really all we need for this build. Later on our dps will be really high, so we leech a lot.
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 15, 2016, 10:36:56 PM
Just hit 100,000 views. Thanks everyone!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info