[2.4] Bino's Budget Spectral Throw. Insane 85k DPS, Clear Speed and Defense!

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, this is my build guide for my Crit-Dagger Spectral Throw Character. Since 2.4, this build has become ridiculously cheap. Bino's Costs 1 chaos and a 5L Lightning Coil only costs 30 Chaos.

This build destroys all map content and is built extremely defensively to survive up to T15 Maps. I suggest following the Raider class with Avatar of Frenzy and Rapid Assault (or Quartz infusion for 16% dodge, 10% spell dodge) for a massive DPS boost.

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7tEpWz2hjo

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Insane clear speed
+ Very Defensive
+ Atziri Viable
+ Insane mobility
+ Perma Freeze
+ Very Fun!
+ Budget

Cons:

- Needs Fast Gameplay to maintain charges
- Can't Run Reflect / Blood magic maps

SKILL TREE

Ranger

Passive Tree (For level 91)

Bandits: +Life, +Attack Speed (or Phys damage), +Frenzy

Ascendancy Classes: Way of the Poacher, Avatar of the Slaughter, Rapid Assault, Avatar of the Chase.

SKILL TREE LEVELLING GUIDE

Passive Tree (33 Passives)

Passive Tree (57 Passives)

Passive Tree (79 Passives)

Passive Tree (100 Passives)*

Passive Tree (Final)

*Note that I spec out of the mana leech nodes and move them to life leech nodes after my DPS has ramped up

SKILL TREE BREAKDOWN

DEFENSE

+ +109 to maximum Life
+ 141% increased maximum Life
+ 111% increased Evasion Rating
+ 36% chance to Avoid being Stunned
+ 60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+ 5% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
+ 2% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+ 0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
+ 40% increased Life Leeched per second
+ 40% Chance to Dodge Attacks.
+ 30% Chance to Dodge Spells.
+ +8% to all Elemental Resistances
+ 3.6% of Life Regenerated per Second

OFFENSE

+ +4 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+ 40% increased Attack Speed
+ 19% increased Attack Speed with Daggers
+ 8% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
+ 35% increased Physical Attack Damage while holding a Shield
+ 40% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
+ 32% increased Physical Damage with Attacks
+ 56% increased Physical Damage
+ 12% increased Attack Damage
+ 120% increased Physical Damage with Daggers
+ 61% increased Projectile Damage
+ 60% increased Accuracy Rating
+ 180% increased Critical Strike Chance
+ 190% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers
+ 55% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
+ 60% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
+ Critical Strikes with Daggers have a 30% chance to Poison the Enemy
+ +3 Jewel Socket

JEWELS

We generally want high life, attack speed, physical damage and projectile damage on our jewels. Crit Chance, crit multi are also nice to have. Try to also get projectile speed as an added bonus. If you have troubles with attributes or resistances, you can also get that on the jewels as well.

SCREENSHOTS (updated)

6L LMP DPS (Charges Only)

Fully Buffed DPS

DEFENSE

GEAR

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler

Weapon

For our weapon, we want a high DPS Dagger with solid Crit Chance. +7.5% Base Crit Chance weapons are preferred, the higher the better. Bino's is also a nice dagger to use.

Helm

For our helm, we use a Starkonja's Head. I actually think this helm is better than Rat's Nest, since it offers up to 100 Flat Life and has a great defensive mechanism as well. The bonus dexterity also gives us a fair chunk of accuracy and % Evasion.

Chest

For our chestpiece, I highly recommend using a Lightning Coil. This armour synergises extremely well with Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. With our high evasion, block and dodge, we will rarely get hit, but when we do get hit, we get hit hard. Therefore, Lightning Coil allows us to tank these hits much better.

Shield

For our shield, we want a high evasion shield with high life, good resists and block chance if possible (but not necessary). The higher the stats, the better they are.

Gloves and Boots

For Gloves, we want high attack speed, life and resistances. Maligaro's is also a very expensive but nice upgrade if you can cap resists. For boots, we want high resistances and Life as well. If you are in Perandus league, try to get "Shadows and Dust" instead of Maligaro's.

Amulet

For the Amulet, we want an amulet with high crit multi, accuracy rating, crit chance and phys damage. We also want life and resistances. Naturally, these amulets are hard to get, so just try and get some good crit multi and some defensive stats. Once you have more currency, you can afford better jewellery.

Rings

For our ring, we want high life, resistances, crit chance and phys damage (accuracy is nice too).

Belt

For the Belt, we ideally want a rare rustic sash with good resists and life.

LINKS AND GEMS

Spectral Throw Setup

For Spectral Throw the links are shown above. If you have a 6L, I highly recommend grabbing Increased Critical Strikes for more consistency. I prefer to use GMP, but you can also try out LMP (the damage loss is minimal). I also highly recommend getting quality on ST, FA and GMP, since 30% increased attack speed is quite significant.

Single-Target Setup

This setup allows us to melt single target enemies quite quickly. We mainly use this for the tougher rares and bosses that might take a while for Spectral Throw to take down.

CWDT Setup

I like using Tempest shield for the additional Block chance and Enfeeble, for their great defense. You may also replace Tempest Shield with Immortal Call if you want.

Mobility Setup

This is the main mobility setup which involves using whirling blades. Faster attacks improves the animation and Fortify provides a great defensive boost. Blood Magic allows us to whirl around freely.

Aura Setup

This is our Aura setup and we use Herald of Ice and Hatred. This allows us to freeze and shatter a lot of packs. Herald of Ice also allows us to gain power charges when attached to Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark.

Buff Setup

Vaal Haste allows us to take down Tanky Rares and Bosses easily. Bloodrage allows us to generate Frenzy Charges. We grab 3.6% Life Regen from the tree, which basically mitigates the degen from Bloodrage.

Golem

We use an Ice Golem for the bonus to Crit chance and Accuracy. You may also try using a Chaos Golem if you would like to go more defensive. If you get a 6L, then you won't have space for the golem, I suggest replacing Increased Duration with your Ice Golem

FAQ

I get these questions quite often. Here are some answers.

Q. Why is my life so low?

A. Make sure you have 70+ life on all pieces of your gear. Make sure your Starkonja's has a max Life Roll. Make sure that all your jewels have +% maximum life like mine and at least 2 damage mods as well.

Q. Why is my DPS low?

A. Make sure your amulet has 35% crit multiplier (must!). Make sure your Bino's has a good DPS roll. Make sure you have all the key gear outlined in the build. Check that all your rings/amulet have good phys damage rolls. Make sure you have good Accuracy (87-90%). Get all the Ascendancy Points that I outlined. Make sure you are level 87+ and your gems are level 18+. Make sure your LMP/GMP, Spectral Throw and Faster Attacks have 20% Quality. Upgrade to a 6L Armour if you can afford it.

THE END

Check out my other builds for 2.4 if you're interested

Cospri's Malice Flicker

http://youtu.be/ZLgbTHef29M

Explosive Cleave

https://youtu.be/gW7OiWy8yAc

Last edited by cookees on Oct 8, 2016, 5:33:47 AM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2017, 2:36:29 PM
very nice build thanks for share =) going to try this one

Good loot
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Why don't you quality your gems? Quality is worth it on pretty much all of them. You'll get faster movement with quality on whirling blade and its faster attacks; fortify will last longer with quality; herald of ash provides global fire damage increase, it applies to your added fire from your ST setup, etc.
And some supports get better than lvl 20 gem quickly. For example faster attack and increased duration 11/20 are better than 20/0.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
@PabloCappone

Haha thanks!

@Panini_aux_olives

Yeah haven't gotten around to adding quality to those gems yet, just levelled them to level 20. My Spectral Throw setup does have all quality gems though.
Last edited by cookees on Feb 21, 2016, 5:54:51 PM
updated
What's the name of this nice piano song in your gameplay ?
"
satericon wrote:
What's the name of this nice piano song in your gameplay ?

Yiruma - River Flows In You (Skullee Remix)
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
TY so much !
Yeah, I got it from River flows in you - Nightcore, but it seems that both of them are the same songs
Looks interesting... would love to see an Atziri video?

Any changes happening to this in 2.2?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info