[2.4] Bino's Budget Spectral Throw. Insane 85k DPS, Clear Speed and Defense!

"
MoarPizza wrote:
@alecs87

I think Taste of Hate and a rare chest should work fine. You can also take some flask nodes if you want, so that you can sustain ToH all the time.

You can also try using vessel of vinktar and physical to lightning, since it provides a lot of mana leech.

Looking forward to updates. Hope you enjoy the build!

I was looking to make a ST for quite a while. It's a lot of fun actually. Today I managed to get my hands on Shadows and Dust. I lost some crit chance which I was not happy about. However that mana leach is nice and in maps with high density it procs Unholy fast. Overall I think is a good compromise.

I'm sitting at about 59K fully buffed with 7 frenzy charges. Is not bad for lvl 85 considering I did not add any jewel yet. Once I do that, get quality on gems, get enchats on items and max freezy charges I'm hoping will go over 80k. I'm still mapping with Tabula and 3.6k hp lol.

Is 2 things I'm not quite happy about. atm I only have 74% crit chance, and about 4.2 hits/sec. Can't manage to cap that crit.. and also I start to regret taking dmg over attack speed from bandits Q.

As I said.. once i sort out my gear and hit 90 I will come back with another update.

e: by the way.. nice jewels u got there..especially that Hypnotic Prism
Last edited by alecs87 on May 7, 2016, 12:03:47 AM
@alecs87

Lol yeah that hypnotic prism jewel is great for ST builds. Really nice DPS as well. Nice work!

For your crit chance, try to use herald of ice + curse on hit + assassin's mark. 3 power charges give heaps of crit. Also make sure you have a top roll Bino's with 9.9% crit chance if possible.

You can also use a diamond flask and that is usually +10% crit chance.

Later on, try to get 20q on GMP, ST and Faster attacks. That will give you a bonus 30% attack speed.

Good luck!
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 7, 2016, 7:54:06 AM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@alecs87

Lol yeah that hypnotic prism jewel is great for ST builds. Really nice DPS as well. Nice work!

For your crit chance, try to use herald of ice + curse on hit + assassin's mark. 3 power charges give heaps of crit. Also make sure you have a top roll Bino's with 9.9% crit chance if possible.

You can also use a diamond flask and that is usually +10% crit chance.

Later on, try to get 20q on GMP, ST and Faster attacks. That will give you a bonus 30% attack speed.

Good luck!

my bino is 9.76% crit. I also use the assasin mark setup. I've got that 74% all together. I have also that diamond flask but god I hate having to press 10 buttons all the time. my main flasks are Jade and ToH.
I have crit on both rings and amu/helm. Ofc i will get quality on gems but i'm to poor to buy them so I'll have to level.

I kinda wanted to replace that Diamond with Rumi/Atziri/Vinktar

By the way.. Assasin M gives 9% crit chance.. does that count as on top of what you see on Offensive window? Like If I got 74%. would that mean on cursed enememy will have 74+9?
@alecs87

Yeah so it is 74 + 9 = 83.

With a diamond flask, your crit will be roughly capped. But I guess you can use other flasks like Atziri's instead of the diamond flask.
Wondering if someone can take a look at my gear, and tell me what to upgrade next. My damage is really terrible. I am in Act 1 Merciless and it took my like 30 minutes to kill everything on the beach to make it to the cave. I kept having to run back or portal out because the uniques would destroy me.

And this is my passive tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBLEFtQguES8VIBa_GY4ZtButI_Yk_SaVKgstgzBxMHw2PTpCPeI-z0MxR35I7kt4TZJRR1VLXfJeRWHiYqxlTWyMcFJ1y3X9eK57FH11hG-E2YnTjDaNfY1-jb-S85uNnaqjirGztMW1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfC7MSi037UI9RC3ajnVOpi62Ptg-969qP66_66_94=?accountName=ivqancorp&characterName=CarebearLauren

What am I doing wrong? My dps is like 1.2k without counting the frenzy charges. I got that dagger for 1c, and it was the highest dps dagger for sale a lvl 61 could equip. HELP!
"
ivqancorp wrote:
Wondering if someone can take a look at my gear, and tell me what to upgrade next. My damage is really terrible. I am in Act 1 Merciless and it took my like 30 minutes to kill everything on the beach to make it to the cave. I kept having to run back or portal out because the uniques would destroy me.

And this is my passive tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBLEFtQguES8VIBa_GY4ZtButI_Yk_SaVKgstgzBxMHw2PTpCPeI-z0MxR35I7kt4TZJRR1VLXfJeRWHiYqxlTWyMcFJ1y3X9eK57FH11hG-E2YnTjDaNfY1-jb-S85uNnaqjirGztMW1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfC7MSi037UI9RC3ajnVOpi62Ptg-969qP66_66_94=?accountName=ivqancorp&characterName=CarebearLauren

What am I doing wrong? My dps is like 1.2k without counting the frenzy charges. I got that dagger for 1c, and it was the highest dps dagger for sale a lvl 61 could equip. HELP!

I used a 3L bow with Rain of Arrows to level. and it was 1shot everything. That's with the passive tree for spectral. at your level I had about 15k dmg.

If you want to use spectral, you need to get a pdps dagger as your passive dmg nods are not elemental. get some flat dmg on rings/amu etc.. I got to merci a4 with -40ish res.. and 1.8khp. What's the point of stacking hp and res if you can't kill anything?

Also Tabula would be a better choice as it has 6L.. so you can boost ur damage
you should use Hatred aura and HoI at this level. and if you got mana problems, an Elron ring with -8mana/crit.

As I said, I've tried to use ST but sucks mana so much for how much dmg it does.. There are better skills to level with. and better low level uniques that gives you dmg and movement speed for mobility.
Thanks. I know my dagger isn't pdps high but its still a 240dps dagger. And yes my rings suck. I did get a new amulet with crit chance and multi.

Maybe 1h/shield ST is good later on, but I think for right now I am going to use a 2H maybe the halyons fury sword, and use a decoy totem, because there is no way to level like this. It would take me 1 year to get to maps at this rate.
@ivqancorp

What alecs87 said is right. Our build scales physical damage, so elemental damage on our weapons is worthless.

Try to get a mightflay and your dps will go up.

Also you need a 5L chest asap. I would link Spectral throw with Lesser multiple projectiled, physical projectile attack damage, Added fire damage and faster attacks.

You also need to complete labyrinth to get your ascendancy class which is raider.
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 8, 2016, 10:13:29 PM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@ivqancorp

What alecs87 said is right. Our build scales physical damage, so elemental damage on our weapons is worthless.

Try to get a mightflay and your dps will go up.

Also you need a 5L chest asap. I would link Spectral throw with Lesser multiple projectiled, physical projectile attack damage, Added fire damage and faster attacks.

You also need to complete labyrinth to get your ascendancy class which is raider.

So I actually lost 700 tooltip dps changing to Mightflay lol.

I actually sent you a PM on supreme, I guess you arent using that account any longer so I'll just post my questions here. I would appreciate it if you or someone else could answer:

1) The last build I played was LA, and this is my first time trying ST. ST to me seems similar to LA in it's playstyle. You want to stand at max distance and kill everything before it reaches you. At the boss pop Vaal Grace/Haste and kill it before it kills you. So is whirling blade into monsters to get Fortify necessary in your opinion? I used a decoy totem and everything just runs to the totem.

I just dont know how smart it would be with an EVA build to rush into a pack to possibly get one shotted. EVA is EVA after all, and when the skills allows us to kill everything at max, why not take advantage of it?

Which basically leads me to believe that to take full advantage of ST, going 2H might be best.

2) I know you suggested Raider, but I played Pathfinder with my LA build and it was amazing (which this build is similar to). Flasks are so strong in this game, I don't think many items can give you 6K DPS boost instantly. And with Pathfinder you up time on flasks is 100%. Not to mention you poison while under flask influence, as well as get a speed boost.

I don't know as much about this game as you, but would appreciate you commenting on the 2 questions. Also if you already answered them, just type the page number. I read like the first 8 pages and then skipped the next 10 lol. Thanks.

Last edited by ivqancorp on May 9, 2016, 12:23:33 AM
@ivqancorp

Yeah im not using that account currently, so I'll respond to your questions.

1. So whirling blades is our movement skill. It is the fastest and arguably the strongest skill in the game right now. Simply because it gives our build so much mobility.

The fortify attached to WB isn't really meant for keeping it up permanently, but it is useful when you whirl through packs of monsters. Whirling blades is one of the main reasons why most players prefer 1h over 2h. Also, having a high evasion shield provides a great amount of defense, through block and evasion.

2. I think pathfinder could work, but generally I find that the bonuses from raider are really good for our build.

But pathfinder itself isn't a bad class. You will need a taste of hate, Atziri's promise and maybe a Vinktar's to fully appreciate its power though. So if you prefer pathfinder, then by all means, go for it.

Now the reason why mightflay doesn't offer that much damage is your current gem setup for ST is optimized for an elemental ST build not a physical one, which is our build. Once you get a Bino's your damage will ramp up really high, but you currently do need a 5 link chest with the gems that I have listed.

Another thing to note is that physical damage is a lot stronger than elemental damage, and is not reduced by monster resistances, which is a huge factor later on. You can also try and purchase a higher phys DPS dagger since mightflay is generally used at level 35 onwards.
Last edited by MoarPizza on May 9, 2016, 3:47:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info