Berserk - and why this class should be immediately changed [Long] [it seems 2.3 fixes it all]

Well, other people might be thrilled at the recent Berserker change, and it is better, but all they did was improve numbers, not change the conditions.

* Crave the Slaughter still should NOT have a "haven't been Hit" bonus. Make it into a "been hit" bonus and pump the numbers.
* Aspect of Carnage should be at least partially on Hit. For example, maybe:
- 10% increased Damage taken
- 20% more Damage
- You gain Unholy Might for 4 seconds when Hit (Unholy Might grants 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 19, 2016, 9:33:55 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, other people might be thrilled at the recent Berserker change, and it is better, but all they did was improve numbers, not change the conditions.

* Crave the Slaughter still should NOT have a "haven't been Hit" bonus. Make it into a "been hit" bonus and pump the numbers.
* Aspect of Carnage should be at least partially on Hit. For example, maybe:
- 10% increased Damage taken
- 20% more Damage
- You gain Unholy Might for 4 seconds when Hit (Unholy Might grants 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage)

Yes they only changed the numbers, but for what it is worth it removed my problem: Duelist was better than marauder.

Sure i could have used something exceptional and cool, but this works and now i can have a cool class name.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
To be fair peeps, where going to be beta testing when ascendancy hits live for a couple of months.

After which i expect a lot of updates to the ascendancy specs once numbers start rolling in.

I do like your idea scrotie, simply because it adds more flavor and i think ascendancy classes should give flavor.
Then again, to much flavor is not going to satisfy players either since you can only provide flavor for X taste pallets at a time.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Updated OP due to the update. It was refreshing to remove the salt.

"
Boem wrote:
Sid, we both now melee is in a good spot offensive/defensive wise.

What they lack is utility and movement.

well.. im not sure about the defensive part. currently the only way for a casual melee player to get Vessel of Vinktar is to buy it (because he cannot kill the Avatar no matter how hard it plays) so i think that the 'defensive' part is not really there. same with Uber. there are but a few builds that can do her with pong-pong-pong..

there are simply too many mechanics that make melee life incredibly dangerous that at the same time do not affect ranged players at all (volatile, bearer, obelisk + several melee-only bosses)

sure, melee players can take a big hit or two and live but they cannot just facetank stuff the same way ranged players can just kite it. vaal pact helps but i consider it the second biggest cancer of this game (just after cast on crit).

when pretty much ALL 'good' builds use vaal pact - then there is something wrong

on the other hand i 100% agree with your 'melee is aggravating' comments. i also put up with it because i just like that playstyle but each time i dust off my joke of a ranger (and experiment checking how far one can take Infractem bow - 220pdps) and just breeze trough everything it just feels bad
Last edited by sidtherat on Feb 19, 2016, 1:02:14 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
GGG confirmed it is 'damage' alone so traps etc included but worry not - there are far better classes for traps and totems so noone non-melee will take it

I'm 100% sure any marauder class would be much better as anything and everything else, but melee.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
MINOR UPDATE

there were some minor changes to Berserk tree today (Feb 26th)

War Bringer
Recover 10% life/mana on Warcry (was 5%)

Rite of Ruin
6% reduced Damage taken if you've killed recently (was 5%)

Crave the Slaughter
15% increased MS if you havent been hit recently (was 10%)

in all pretty minor and not changing my initial points. it also happens to affect the nodes that were ok anyway

however there were quite severe nerfs to other classes (mostly spell/crit) and buffs to melee classes and that changes a lot when judging class viability in comparison to other classes

there is a reddit post with (incomplete details) but i suggest checking this stuff out yourself as most players are focused on crit/spell classes and have hard time noticing changes to other classes (2 out of 3 berserk changes were not listed in that reddit post)

I don't want to say "told you so", but for the amount of rage and whine you guys made about this class, as of today 6.50AM UTC:

Berserker is #1 class in Top 100 Perandus SC.

Berserker is #2 class in Top 100 Hardcore Perandus

Mhmm.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2016, 1:58:40 AM
glad youve bumped it

the 'amount of rage' was there to remove that 100% increased attack damage trap - it succeeded

also - several other competing classes got nerfed, some pretty hard

berserker at the time of my post was THE WORST class in the game. period.

sad thing: i bet 90%+ of these Berserkers took the class ONLY for the 40% more damage and had a serious struggle to select where to put the 2 remaining points as it is a really 'pick the best of lesser perks'

note: 100% leech on savage hit works exactly as bad as predicted - it is USELESS without instant leech. absolutely, 100% USELESS. and if one has instant leech (no Vinktars to cheeze it) there is no reason to pick Berserk

so it is a one trick pony - 40% damage can buy you lots of love

note: 100% reduced cooldown on Warcries is very fun (albeit.. pretty redundant). 10% instant heal on use saved me in Lab plenty of times
Man all you do is just whine constantly, even when you turn out to be wrong you still whine. Even your avatar portrait is a Berserker and you are still crying about the sub-class.

Your last post AFTER it was patched was still whining that Berserker sucks.

How did you get so emotionally attached to this sub-class? It is kinda disturbing.

100% inc. damage "trap"? - lol. "one trick pony" LOL. Seems like most of the top 100 players in temp softcore AND hardcore, are disagreeing with you.

Thanks though, this thread was a good laugh.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I don't want to say "told you so", but for the amount of rage and whine you guys made about this class, as of today 6.50AM UTC:

Berserker is #1 class in Top 100 Perandus SC.

Berserker is #2 class in Top 100 Hardcore Perandus

Mhmm.

And as of today 15:49 eu time there is only 4 berserker in top 100 HC, first is number 24 and there is 9 in top 100 sc.

This shit mean nothing until at least 2 weeks in leagues ...so yea shitty argument.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 7, 2016, 9:51:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info