Berserk - and why this class should be immediately changed [Long] [it seems 2.3 fixes it all]

When the new Slayer tree was shown i sat here thinking to myself.

"Oh thats lovely, just leveled up my Berserker to 96 for no reason".

And now im just sitting here like "I love marauder but now duelist and its ascendancy classes offers better everything".
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
sidtherat wrote:
I'd also like to ask the people who claimed that Cloaked in Savagery (and Berserk in genera) is 'broken OP' to step up and show their amazing builds. You guys had lots of courage to mock me here - maybe it is time to say 'sorry, i was wrong' for once, dont you think? anyone can check this thread who I am talking about here
Its not broken OP unless you get Vaal Pact or have Acuities, Vaal pact is a far as hell hike, generally the people are going over there are playing some sort of COC build otherwise its not worth the travel over using Acuities.

As a regular talent node outside of that niche, yes, its useless because leech rate. It doesnt matter if you have 100% damage leech since your leech rate is capped at 20% of your life unless you spec for it, in which case you should just use those points to hike over to VP.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
sidtherat wrote:
I'd also like to ask the people who claimed that Cloaked in Savagery (and Berserk in genera) is 'broken OP' to step up and show their amazing builds. You guys had lots of courage to mock me here - maybe it is time to say 'sorry, i was wrong' for once, dont you think? anyone can check this thread who I am talking about here

You can see them crying about Voltaxic.
"
sidtherat wrote:

making ea berseker in prophesy.
100% sure it's broken op.
No rest for the wicked
i was talking about people who said various stupid things about pre-2.3 Berserk state, not 2.3 one

2.3 berserk is going to be a very nice class - EA if one wants or any other build. for EA id personally use other class but this one is a solid choice
So what? Nearly every Ascendancy has been buffed.

3 months and you couldn't figure out how to use Berserker? 3 months and despite it being a popular class in BOTH hardcore and softcore you kept saying this class is trash?

None of us need to show you our builds to convince you. I don't gain anything.

And here you are still finding faults with the buffs. You will never be happy with Berserker, let it go man.

"
Ceryneian wrote:
So what? Nearly every Ascendancy has been buffed.

3 months and you couldn't figure out how to use Berserker? 3 months and despite it being a popular class in BOTH hardcore and softcore you kept saying this class is trash?

None of us need to show you our builds to convince you. I don't gain anything.

And here you are still finding faults with the buffs. You will never be happy with Berserker, let it go man.

You don t know nothing and don t understand anything.
exemple:
Shadow was the most popular class when racing but not because it is the best. It was the most popular because of it s gem reward.

There might have bazillions of berserkers in the league, still few in the top ladder. Berserker is just not that good for competitive aspect compared to other classes.

If Lot of noobs took berserker in normal doesn t mean it is a good class.

Don t tell me your melee berserker is a facebreaker build lol

The next big thing to look at is Ascendancy classes. If we examine every character with an Ascendancy chosen in a Perandus league, we see:

Ascendant
10.41%
Champion
9.90%
Saboteur
6.87%
Chieftain
6.50%
Assassin
6.41%
Deadeye
6.29%
Raider
5.90%
Inquisitor
5.79%
Hierophant
5.71%
Occultist
5.67%
Necromancer
5.48%
Berserker
5.02%
Juggernaut
4.41%
Trickster
4.34%
Gladiator
3.57%
Elementalist
3.56%
Slayer
1.81%
Pathfinder
1.33%
Guardian
1.03%

If we then look at only Hardcore level 80+, it looks different again:
Champion
20.21%
Ascendant
9.23%
Chieftain
8.39%
Saboteur
7.74%
Necromancer
7.54%
Assassin
5.56%
Juggernaut
4.77%
Raider
4.37%
Deadeye
4.10%
Inquisitor
4.04%
Trickster
3.87%
Occultist
3.84%
Gladiator
3.68%
Hierohant
3.40%
Berserker
2.79%
Elementalist
2.51%
Pathfinder
1.74%
Guardian
1.32%
Slayer
0.92%
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 26, 2016, 9:45:20 AM
Says the guy who joined August 2015 lol? I also posted the stats a few pages ago which showed berserker as one of the most popular classes, including in TOP 100.

You guys are such a sad bunch it's actually hilarious.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Says the guy who joined August 2015 lol?

Nice argument lol, Stats from GGG tell us otherwise bigboy.

The next big thing to look at is Ascendancy classes. If we examine every character with an Ascendancy chosen in a Perandus league, we see:

Ascendant
10.41%
Champion
9.90%
Saboteur
6.87%
Chieftain
6.50%
Assassin
6.41%
Deadeye
6.29%
Raider
5.90%
Inquisitor
5.79%
Hierophant
5.71%
Occultist
5.67%
Necromancer
5.48%
Berserker
5.02%
Juggernaut
4.41%
Trickster
4.34%
Gladiator
3.57%
Elementalist
3.56%
Slayer
1.81%
Pathfinder
1.33%
Guardian
1.03%

If we then look at only Hardcore level 80+, it looks different again:
Champion
20.21%
Ascendant
9.23%
Chieftain
8.39%
Saboteur
7.74%
Necromancer
7.54%
Assassin
5.56%
Juggernaut
4.77%
Raider
4.37%
Deadeye
4.10%
Inquisitor
4.04%
Trickster
3.87%
Occultist
3.84%
Gladiator
3.68%
Hierohant
3.40%
Berserker
2.79%
Elementalist
2.51%
Pathfinder
1.74%
Guardian
1.32%
Slayer
0.92%

Stats are from GGG.

Should I log in with my 2013 account so elitist know-it-all can t use moronic arguments?
Btw there is 4 berserker in top 100 sc and 1 in hardcore. SO much win
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 26, 2016, 9:53:50 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
Should I log in with my 2013 account so elitist know-it-all can t use moronic arguments?
Btw there is 4 berserker in top 100 sc and 1 in hardcore. SO much win

That says nothing, cleave is a perfectly fine skill and I can bet there isn't a single one in top 100, simply because others are better.

We have 19 classes, which means the golden mean is 5,26%, berserker is just below that. Hardcore isn't a good measuring stick, it places specific requirements on the player so classes that have the easiest time fulfilling those requirements are the most popular. It's the same as saying 'a car that has gull wing doors is the best car' and then we get a delorean in top 10.

It's no wonder Champion is top rank in both leagues, Fortitude is highly convenient and Worthy Foe was flat out broken. You could use it to easily stunlock anything that isn't stun immune, but it seems not many players knew about it and they kept it under the rug.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 26, 2016, 12:14:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info