Berserk - and why this class should be immediately changed [Long] [it seems 2.3 fixes it all]

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Man all you do is just whine constantly, even when you turn out to be wrong you still whine.

"
Ceryneian wrote:

This expansion just feels WEIRD. It is not the PoE I know and used to enjoy.

I hopped straight into Merciless. Did Prison. Then went to Crematorium. Finished Crematorium and just logged out. I was already bored and couldn't see myself doing this the rest of the day.

It's not a point of it being too easy or being too hard - it was just. plain. boring.

I know GGG put in a lot of work for this expansion. I'm sad because I really wanted to enjoy this expansion, but I was bored after 15mins.

We all whine, you and me and him and them.
Not good argument.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Man all you do is just whine constantly, even when you turn out to be wrong you still whine. Even your avatar portrait is a Berserker and you are still crying about the sub-class.

Your last post AFTER it was patched was still whining that Berserker sucks.

How did you get so emotionally attached to this sub-class? It is kinda disturbing.

100% inc. damage "trap"? - lol. "one trick pony" LOL. Seems like most of the top 100 players in temp softcore AND hardcore, are disagreeing with you.

Thanks though, this thread was a good laugh.

i hope you are not '.. analyst'

people play new skills (mostly because new skills are frequently OPAF) -> earthquake is a new skill -> would you play Ranger to play with EQ? -> they play Marauder -> hmm.. lets check what 2 other subclasses offer me if i want to play EQ character? nothing interesting? oh well -> Berserker

Berserker without this 40% more damage does not exist. Its 'savage hit' mechanic BLOWS in practice (without vaal pact that is - maybe someone can make a perpetual self-damage build to make use of it - but it is not what makes people play him right now), his other passives are 'meh, ill take it if you insist'.

if you see another reason why people play it than this 40% more node - please do share your way of thinking. Berserker while strong is one trick pony right now: 40% more damage + fluff. noone take him because he is well designed class with new possibilities. he is a 7Link.

"
sidtherat wrote:
if you see another reason why people play it than this 40% more node - please do share your way of thinking. Berserker while strong is one trick pony right now: 40% more damage + fluff. noone take him because he is well designed class with new possibilities. he is a 7Link.

What sucks the most is seeing a berserker as a fire caster instead of a chieftain which was designed to do it. I suppose damage was left unspecified to make him seem less of a one trick pony by broadening the amount of builds that would want a berserker. What you get in the end is more builds doing the same trick, which can be interpreted as diverse only if you really want it to be.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Head_Less wrote:

And as of today 15:49 eu time there is only 4 berserker in top 100 HC, first is number 24 and there is 9 in top 100 sc.

This shit mean nothing until at least 2 weeks in leagues ...so yea shitty argument.

LOL. Stop pulling stats out of your ass son. Show me where you got your stats.

Here you can see top 100 Perandus Hardcore and top 100 Perandus softcore. People are already hitting level 95s.
http://poetools.com/subclass/

Berserker is #1 class in Top 100 Perandus SC, and #2 class in Top 100 Hardcore Perandus.

I don't know what parallel PoE dimension you are getting your stats from. I'll give you "A" for trying tho!

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2016, 2:32:36 PM
Maybe if

Warbringer:

6% life/mana recovered on Warcry
100% increased Warcry cooldown recovery speed
Warcry cast-time is Instant. (No interruptable cast animation)

Savage:
Your damage increases the more wounded you are.
At 50 % health you do +50 % more damage.
At 10 % health you do +90 % more damage.

1 % chance per hit to remove 20 % of maximum health on the target.
The chance is 10 % per hit instead when you are below 60 % health.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 7, 2016, 3:26:07 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
TL;DR: Berserk is the weakest class released so far. Not only because of 'numbers' but because it brings nothing new to the table while providing mostly conditional, weak or straight deceptive bonuses. I would not, ever, recommend anyone to pick this class. Ever.

2.4.2 Cloaked in Savagery
100% of damage leeched as life (4 seconds after SH)
The impressive 100% leech. Holly grail of leech. The immortality. The cake is a lie!

Pretty sure the impressive leech is more than impressive if you own on of these:

Triple damage sounds ok. ^^ For an aegis block build this combination has to be godlike beyond everything else. And since oneshoots are no problem thanks to items like coil and ToH I concider berserk everything but weak.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Here's how Aspect of Carnage as a four-point choice in the current meta:
* 40% more Damage. "Well, that's really good, let's get this class for the 7L."
* 10% increased Damage Taken. "Oh, I really don't want to get hit, better put a ranged skill in that 7L."
* 10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit recently. "Oh, I really don't want to get hit now."

So I feel this thread is way off when it says "one change done." If you mean that Bowserker - or any form of ranged cowardly kiting build - is now a viable choice with the class, then yeah, it is... but the current design gives melee and the true Berserk playstyle no love at all.

Instead of Aspect of Carnage I'd make something like
An Eye for an Eye
Your Hits can't be Evaded if you've been Hit recently
Your Attacks always deal Critical Strikes if you've received a Critical Strike recently

4 seconds of triggered Diamond Shrine is pretty powerful, but you'd need to invest in stuff like the Reckless Defense unique jewel to trigger it reliably. Each build could decide on its own balance between Damage received versus Damage output. And most importantly, you'd need to actually get hit for the effect to trigger at all.

TL;DR: it would be better if AoC was even stronger (not saying it isn't strong now) but actually gated its benefit so Melee playstyles benefit most
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 7, 2016, 4:42:07 PM
2.3 changes are up

and it seems that pretty much every thing raised here changes ('i was right' of sorts..) :

"
Pain Reaver

(conditional 2% leech on 'kill recently') changes to:
1% unconditional life leech
1% unconditional mana leech
2% conditional leech (as before)

Nice change, however it is still the weakest Berserker node because of the Duelist general leech nodes (.4% mana leech is perfectly enough already and we usually get some life leech on the gear anyway). Still - a good change that removed main 'fail' from the node: the catch 22

"
War Bringer

10% life recovery on warcry changes to:
25% life recovery

100% warcry cooldown recovery speed (same stat as Guardian's one) added

AMAZING node now. I've been using it already and that 10% heal on cooldown is already pretty strong in practice (sort of instant flask but with unlimited charges). 100% recovery speed will make Abyssal Cry crazy good (it already is - when one is capable of pressing two buttons that is)

"
Rite of Ruin

25% increased attack speed if you havent killed recently added

so it makes slaughtering bosses tad easier (coupled with Ancestral Protector one will reach crazy APS even with 2h maces). good change. this node was very strong already as it meant 'stun immunity pretty much always'

"
Cloaked in Savagery

the big small one

Savage Hit (SH) is now 15% instead of 20%.

20% increased damage on SH -> 50% increased damage on SH

still gives deceiving big numbers on a condition (and i would still advice anyone to skip this node) but it is at least a step in the right direction. 50% inc damage + 25% ASPD every so often (as you WILL be hit for 15%+ of your life during boss fights or even during map clears) is good. and certainly will be noticeable. however id urge anyone to pick War Bringer if they have not done so already

if these changes go live Berserk will certainly be something more than 7Link choice + fluff. Very pleased to see that all the issues ive raised 3 months ago are pretty much fixed now. Will wait for release and then fix the OP
I'd also like to ask the people who claimed that Cloaked in Savagery (and Berserk in genera) is 'broken OP' to step up and show their amazing builds. You guys had lots of courage to mock me here - maybe it is time to say 'sorry, i was wrong' for once, dont you think? anyone can check this thread who I am talking about here
"
sidtherat wrote:
I'd also like to ask the people who claimed that Cloaked in Savagery (and Berserk in genera) is 'broken OP' to step up and show their amazing builds. You guys had lots of courage to mock me here - maybe it is time to say 'sorry, i was wrong' for once, dont you think? anyone can check this thread who I am talking about here

Kek

"
Ceryneian wrote:
+1.

Melee continues to grovel in the dirt. Meanwhile some builds are just untouchable which is retarded. I guess people at GGG really enjoy playing their CoC and bladefall poison mine builds.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 26, 2016, 1:41:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info