Why is it that players who dont play standard

"
Boem wrote:
"
"
Boem wrote:
Irrelevant, responding to fluffy , my bad.

Look up the difference between sustenance and substance, cheers?

Peace,

-Boem-

Lol...one of us does need to look it up. Most likely the one of us that didn't teach English for 2 years...

I wouldn't want to respond to someone who made me consistently look foolish either.

So you thought english for two years and can't understand the therm sustenance in relation to a thread that provides growth to a person or lack of growth?

Or you think sustaining yourself is a purely matter oriented en-devour?

This thread is devoid of meaning since it rehashes a good 50 threads that precede it with a similar topic.
So it lacks sustenance to me.

meh, your a fluffy.

Does this thread has substance, sure why not.

Does this thread provide sustenance for me on an intellectual level, lel, nope. I might as-well watch paint dry.
Which i would ultimately favor over this thread, at least the paint has the capability of surprising me.

Peace,

-Boem-

Strange. I didn't know anti-intellectuals like yourself cared about the intellectual merit of a discussion.

The way you worded it was both clumsy and incorrect.

Yes there is an idiom to use sustenance in that way. The word sustenance on its own literally means something which allows someone or something to remain alive. Sustenance is used colloquially when coupled with other nouns that don't literally need nutrition to be kept alive, such as emotional sustenance, spiritual sustenance, or as you suggest intellectual sustenance.

Your sentence: "My one liners are reserved for threads without sustenance." Is incorrect. You could have fixed it by making it "My one liners are reserved for threads without intellectual sustenance", or by "My one liners are reserved for threads without substance. The latter of which I suggested for you. Either would be correct, but both would still sound clumsy.

You are both insufferably dense and unjustifiably smug at the best of times, but when you are trying to take on a superior attitude towards someone else while writing a nonsensical, clumsy sentence it becomes flat out comical.

EDIT: also it is "you're". As in, you're either a high school drop out, an ESL student, or a troll.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 10, 2016, 7:02:20 AM
No no no, Boem really does require sustenance from forum posts, as he is an advanced AI system designed for the purpose of having all human consciousness meld into a singularity.
"
No no no, Boem really does require sustenance from forum posts, as he is an advanced AI system designed for the purpose of having all human consciousness meld into a singularity.

Garbage in garbage out huh?

xD
"

Strange. I didn't know anti-intellectuals like yourself cared about the intellectual merit of a discussion.

I care about entertainment value while wasting my time.

Quality of life > quantity of life

And yeah i'm a school drop-out, i didn't know that was relevant, just like i was unaware it's relevant on an international forum to fully understand the english language.

Silly me.

It's funny to me you couldn't deduce the context of my post given your clearly supreme intellectual development though. It's like you just wanted to go "heu heu" on my post.

Fair waste of time i imagine. Nothing as beneficial as establishing your ego in this life.

"

Rest not your troubled mind, for i am watching and forever grateful.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

[quote"Fluffy_Puppies"]The word sustenance on its own literally means something which allows someone or something to remain alive[/quote]

For whatever it's worth, for me being "alive" already imply's development, evolution and growth on a multitude of levels.

Then again, that would only concern you if you where interested in understanding me i imagine :')
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 10, 2016, 7:46:32 AM
29 y/o manchild reporting in. THC full of 13 y/o can confirm. Logged into standard, immediately asked to join Geriatric hospice guild.

TL;DR who gives a flying... what league people enjoy playing in a video game?

GGG stated clearly what the purpose of each league is/was and standard is simply that. If you enjoy it, ENJOY IT. If you enjoy temp leagues ENJOY them.

w/e

screw you guys.
"
TheSN wrote:
"
It IS a dumpster league.
It IS where shit is dumped.
It IS where the economy isn't exactly a friendly thing.

But that's wrong. 1/3 of the players playing at any given time are playing in SSC.

The dino-princess never claimed that people dont play standard, she just said its a dumping ground and it literally is, all old stuff from the temp leagues gets dumped there.

Personally I think of it as the land of the dead as its where the dead go to rest and never be played again lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Timewar9 wrote:
There are people that don't have one of every possible item in a temporary stash tab in standard?

Standard is undeniably the dumpster league of PoE.
People do still play on it.
Sure people don't like to but those who would like their progression "saved" beyond 3 to 4 months would have no choice but play on stantard (pun intended).

GGG will not do anything to stantard as they want their players to chain reroll and focus on temp leagues. If stantard was made to be not as garbage as it is now, then there might be less incentives to play temp leagues beyond their usually MTX carrots.

Stantard is for people to fuck around with in between leagues.

It's well known that PoE has one of the worst endgame of all ARPG in the world, sure. But don't get me wrong I would love GGG provide us with more "endgame" advancements like paragon levels ect for those who prefer to play on very few "mains".

However I know nothing will change as GGG designed this game to have world's worst endgame and kept giving us incentives to reroll over and over and over and over and over.

Even if GGG just give us a "Retro-Standard" where legacy items don't exist and at the end of leagues players gets to choose to go to 1. Dumpster Standard or 2. Retro-Standard. I think the majority of the players will be moving on to retro permanent servers from dumpster leagues in no time.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Boem buddy. I understood what you were trying to get across perfectly. Bad English on its own isn't grounds to reply. It was you smugly dismissing a poster with what you thought was a witty line, but was actually a poorly written line. That is what made correcting you worth it.

You and Charan are the most smug posters on these forums. Knocking you down to reality is just a pastime of mine.

As is making hyperbole statements, like a few I've made here.

:)
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 10, 2016, 8:34:01 AM
"
k1rage wrote:

The dino-princess never claimed that people dont play standard, she just said its a dumping ground and it literally is, all old stuff from the temp leagues gets dumped there.

Personally I think of it as the land of the dead as its where the dead go to rest and never be played again lol

Erm nope. I would think Permanent Hardcore League would take that title. Standard is the junkyard, Permanent HC is the ghost town.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
TheSN wrote:
"
It IS a dumpster league.
It IS where shit is dumped.
It IS where the economy isn't exactly a friendly thing.

But that's wrong. 1/3 of the players playing at any given time are playing in SSC.

All the good loot goes from these fresh untouched lands back to standard...hmmm doesn't sound like a dumpster to be honest. Sounds like leagues are colonies and standard is the imperial overlord.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info