Why is it that players who dont play standard

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
protectsj wrote:
guys im planning to move over this server (from garena), seems like standard server is not good as what you guys said, shud i go normal talisman? i cant go hardcore.. i start from 0,

thanks need kind advice.

wait a month, new league starts in early march.

talisman is in its death throws since the majority of the hardcore achievement farmers have gotten their achievements and have since gone into hibernation till the next league.

temp league are ideal for people starting fresh.

Second this... goof off for a month. Get your reflexes up. Play where ever you want, with what ever character you feel like. Start fresh in March.
"
It IS a dumpster league.
It IS where shit is dumped.
It IS where the economy isn't exactly a friendly thing.

But that's wrong. 1/3 of the players playing at any given time are playing in SSC.
//go next
"
TheSN wrote:
"
It IS a dumpster league.
It IS where shit is dumped.
It IS where the economy isn't exactly a friendly thing.

But that's wrong. 1/3 of the players playing at any given time are playing in SSC.

The two statements aren't in any way contradictory. Some people enjoy playing in SSC. Others see it as a a dumpster. Quit expecting everyone to agree on stuff. Do what you enjoy and don't worry if it's not what the cool kids are doing.
wow, it's almost like the game has a variety of content that appeals to a variety of different player based on their individual playstyles, goals and desires! kappa.
"
alexvsevil wrote:
wow, it's almost like the game has a variety of content that appeals to a variety of different player based on their individual playstyles, goals and desires! kappa.

rofl
R.I.P 4.B.
I d0nt even understand ladder... shits like groundhawg day movie over and over. Unless you gotta try new shit cos you have no life...like beta so desperate to play awake.. fuck that noise. I had that beta key DAY 1 and didnt even play it cept to test lockstep..unless your top 50 you're wasting your time IMO. And even then you are but maybe you have a no life competitive streak in ya

Dats like who got ugliest date at the prom award IMO...gz
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 10, 2016, 12:10:46 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I d0nt even understand ladder... shits like groundhawg day movie over and over. Unless you gotta try new shit cos you have no life...like beta so desperate to play awake.. fuck that noise. I had that beta key DAY 1 and didnt even play it cept to test lockstep..unless your top 50 you're wasting your time IMO. And even then you are but maybe you have a no life competitive streak in ya

"We're trying to decipher it, sir, but it is like no language we've ever come across."

"Have you tried getting really fucking drunk?"

"Yes sir, made no difference. Our next test will be hitting the interpreter around the head several times with this 2x4 in an attempt to lower their intelligence significantly."

"Excellent, call me when you've made progress."
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 10, 2016, 12:07:38 AM
I dont drink Im 19.. Least not legally.:p
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont drink Im 19.. Least not legally.:p

You can drink to excess over here in NZ legally at 18, it hasn't had the amazingly positive social outcomes that we were promised back in '99 when it changed. Or was it it '98? I can't remember.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
GGG has been treating Standard as a dumpster. Of course, no doubt why many people here think standard is a dumpster unfortunately. GGG doesn't care about standard economy at all. If they cared, they would have given standard better items and currency sinks already. Furthermore, GGG balances POE for temp leagues, but not for standard. Look what they did for rare uniques. They increased rare unique drop rate about 4 times more, right? That totally helps temp leagues, but it killed standard league economy and game play.

This is the quote from Q&A

"
Will there be more incentive to play permanent leagues? As of now playing permanent leagues seems quite pointless.

We don't feel we need to add additional incentives. More than 100,000 of our players play in permanent leagues as their main leagues and don't play the challenge leagues. They like the permanent leagues because their progress is not interrupted, there is potentially easier access to certain items, and they may have interesting legacy stuff from the past they can enjoy. We try to roll content back into the main game and make sure that actual expansion content (like The Awakening and Ascendancy) is available in all leagues, of course.

Beside regular updates, I don't think GGG will do anything for standard economy and game balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info