Why is it that players who dont play standard

Well for me at least I think it's just generally a better act than just letting your own Temp League gather e-dust. Basically treating it like Characters in Races being sent to void. While I don't stop playing in Standard (Standard League is my only Hideout that doesn't look like an empty ghost library) if I did stick exclusively to Temp Leagues I'd give away my stuff in Standard just so some new players or players not in the Elite Group be able to afford some more stuff in Standard.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Well for me at least I think it's just generally a better act than just letting your own Temp League gather e-dust. Basically treating it like Characters in Races being sent to void. While I don't stop playing in Standard (Standard League is my only Hideout that doesn't look like an empty ghost library) if I did stick exclusively to Temp Leagues I'd give away my stuff in Standard just so some new players or players not in the Elite Group be able to afford some more stuff in Standard.

Good for you. But people have right to keep their things, no matter what your opinion is.

Just don't go around saying it is annoying that people keep their stuff for themselves.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
It's annoying when said players outright brag about their apparently superior "luck" with the Game and start spamming the items global chat and then making a thesis-level rant/flame war about how Standard "sucks" for them.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Feb 13, 2016, 11:17:02 AM
The way I see it, temp leagues are merely an extension of Standard. It's where people go to get new uniques so they can eventually play with them on their Standard characters. It's like Ladder back in the D2 days. There's some Ladder-only items and runeword-items so people play Ladder to get them. Simple concept.

Yeah, people say it's all about having a fresh economy or being able to try out the new league features but in the end it's basically all about the items. The notion of the temp leagues or players who "only play on temp leagues" (yeah right) being "superior" is laughable.
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Feb 13, 2016, 11:29:15 AM
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
The way I see it, temp leagues are merely an extension of Standard. It's where people go to get new uniques so they can eventually play with them on their Standard characters. It's like Ladder back in the D2 days. There's some Ladder-only items and runeword-items so people play Ladder to get them. Simple concept.

Yeah, people say it's all about having a fresh economy or being able to try out the new league features but in the end it's basically all about the items. The notion of the temp leagues or players who "only play on temp leagues" (yeah right) being "superior" is laughable.

Nobody is saying that Temp Leagues or Players who play only Temp Leagues, are better or superior.

And you see, you say that is not ok to bash Standard players, yet at the same time you go ahead and bash Temp League players, saying that they cannot be playing only Temp Leagues. If you don't want to be judged, don't judge.

I for one am only playing Temp Leagues. You can go yeah right all day long but:
1) nobody cares
2) you are wrong.

I used to play some Standard, but after some time I've got burned out. Got my character where I wanted, and now don't feel the need to rush it any further, than I left them at Temp League.

Still feel like yeah-righting?. Do your homework, and search for images of hundreds upon hundreds of Remove Only stash tabs of some long-term players.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 13, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
"
Perq wrote:

Nobody is saying that Temp Leagues or Players who play only Temp Leagues, are better or superior.

I rarely go on these forums to post but I can't help but notice that I see threads/posts where this is the opinion of some players here, so you're wrong. Obviously, other people have pointed this out time and time again. Really, calling Standard a "dumpster league" or flat out saying it's bad isn't saying that temp is superior? It's similar to how hardcore players call softcore players "scrubcore." Just call it for what it is.

"
Perq wrote:

And you see, you say that is not ok to bash Standard players, yet at the same time you go ahead and bash Temp League players, saying that they cannot be playing only Temp Leagues. If you don't want to be judged, don't judge.

I for one am only playing Temp Leagues. You can go yeah right all day long but:
1) nobody cares
2) you are wrong.

I used to play some Standard, but after some time I've got burned out. Got my character where I wanted, and now don't feel the need to rush it any further, than I left them at Temp League.

When did I bash temp league players? So my simple disbelief that there are a lot of players that ONLY play temp leagues is equivalent to bashing now? At least I can admit that there are truly some who only play it exclusively (like yourself as you claim) but I'm also sure that plenty of these "temp league-only" players pop in from time to time to play their characters on Standard or to incorporate their new items from previous leagues with their old builds. So what does this mean? They're not really temp league-only like they claim. They play both but find temp better.

I mean, it's not hard. It's just a click away on your character selection screen if you want to access your standard character or your character in an ongoing temp league.

Like I said, I'm of the viewpoint that temp leagues are an extension of Standard just like how Ladder back in D2 is an extension of Softcore/Hardcore non-ladder, except back in the day I don't recall there being "ladder-only" players and them stating that non-ladder is a "dumpster" nor saying that non-ladder is bad.
"
Pewzor wrote:
It's well known that PoE has one of the worst endgame of all ARPG in the world, sure. But don't get me wrong I would love GGG provide us with more "endgame" advancements like paragon levels ect for those who prefer to play on very few "mains".

However I know nothing will change as GGG designed this game to have world's worst endgame and kept giving us incentives to reroll over and over and over and over and over.

Even if GGG just give us a "Retro-Standard" where legacy items don't exist and at the end of leagues players gets to choose to go to 1. Dumpster Standard or 2. Retro-Standard. I think the majority of the players will be moving on to retro permanent servers from dumpster leagues in no time.

I don't know why you think that the endgame of PoE is boring? So you get maps all the way to Lv. 80 with unique bosses on all of them, affected by affixes changing the difficulty.

Lets compare that to Diablo. You play 10h and get to max-level, while the standard PoE-Player is still at a medium level. After that you run Nephalem Rifts to gain "paragon levels", which are basicly a minimal stat boost, as is any PoE-Level above say 80, which is in my opinion endgame. In PoE you also still gain a skilpoint.
And please don't tell me that Nephalem Rifts are that much better than maps because it is exactly the same grind through alterating zones killing mobs and bosses.

So in that case i cleary prefer PoE over Diablo
"
Rohirion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
It's well known that PoE has one of the worst endgame of all ARPG in the world, sure. But don't get me wrong I would love GGG provide us with more "endgame" advancements like paragon levels ect for those who prefer to play on very few "mains".

However I know nothing will change as GGG designed this game to have world's worst endgame and kept giving us incentives to reroll over and over and over and over and over.

Even if GGG just give us a "Retro-Standard" where legacy items don't exist and at the end of leagues players gets to choose to go to 1. Dumpster Standard or 2. Retro-Standard. I think the majority of the players will be moving on to retro permanent servers from dumpster leagues in no time.

I don't know why you think that the endgame of PoE is boring? So you get maps all the way to Lv. 80 with unique bosses on all of them, affected by affixes changing the difficulty.

Lets compare that to Diablo. You play 10h and get to max-level, while the standard PoE-Player is still at a medium level. After that you run Nephalem Rifts to gain "paragon levels", which are basicly a minimal stat boost, as is any PoE-Level above say 80, which is in my opinion endgame. In PoE you also still gain a skilpoint.
And please don't tell me that Nephalem Rifts are that much better than maps because it is exactly the same grind through alterating zones killing mobs and bosses.

The end game of POE and D2 LoD are different. See, you compared rushing to non rushing. I hate playing this game over and over again, I hate the story. One thing I liked about D2 is that it took 6 hours to get to a comfortable end game content. In this game it takes me over a week to hit end game content

I like the freedom a game gives to it players base. If you want to play the story, go ahead, and if you get to end game, you can. See, the idea behind Diablo 2 is that there were not many characters that can farm everything. However, the end game of Diablo 2 was not about farming for items to farm for more items so you can do something .30 seconds faster. That's what Diablo 3, and PoE are really about. See, at its foundation, all d3 and Poe do is make the player redo maps/dungeons in hopes that you get new items so you can do it again. They buff new content with more hp/dmg and give the player the ability to do more damage; it how you start with 10-30 dmg and scale into 500k crits in Poe and 300million crits in d3.

D2 had an end game past that; it's called pvp, while it wasn't that balanced, I could without a doubt say, d2 pvp was so much more balanced than this game. You build characters with all kinds of builds for pvp and it was fun. You make a MF sorc and built it enough to the point that it can farm efficiently and than make a character for dueling, that's what it was.

The true end game is never PVE. If you try on PVE in itself, the game becomes dull. eventually you enter the wow territory. Then you look at d2 and you notice the biggest difference, the game self sustained itsef for over a decade.
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
"
Rohirion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

The end game of POE and D2 LoD are different. See, you compared rushing to non rushing. I hate playing this game over and over again, I hate the story. One thing I liked about D2 is that it took 6 hours to get to a comfortable end game content. In this game it takes me over a week to hit end game content

I like the freedom a game gives to it players base. If you want to play the story, go ahead, and if you get to end game, you can. See, the idea behind Diablo 2 is that there were not many characters that can farm everything. However, the end game of Diablo 2 was not about farming for items to farm for more items so you can do something .30 seconds faster. That's what Diablo 3, and PoE are really about. See, at its foundation, all d3 and Poe do is make the player redo maps/dungeons in hopes that you get new items so you can do it again. They buff new content with more hp/dmg and give the player the ability to do more damage; it how you start with 10-30 dmg and scale into 500k crits in Poe and 300million crits in d3.

D2 had an end game past that; it's called pvp, while it wasn't that balanced, I could without a doubt say, d2 pvp was so much more balanced than this game. You build characters with all kinds of builds for pvp and it was fun. You make a MF sorc and built it enough to the point that it can farm efficiently and than make a character for dueling, that's what it was.

The true end game is never PVE. If you try on PVE in itself, the game becomes dull. eventually you enter the wow territory. Then you look at d2 and you notice the biggest difference, the game self sustained itsef for over a decade.

there is no real pvp here, if thats what your after perhaps try guild wars 2
I dont see any any key!
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:

I hope you're joking. WoW to this day is still one of THE biggest games. And trust me, you're not gonna just walk in and clear mythic level content anytime soon. You can last the entire expansion without clearing all of the pve given to you.. in fact 98% of the playerbase don't. So don't worry about getting bored in 2 seconds whenever you mention WoW. You get bored in this game when you play it for 10 years and the same elements/themes etc that are inherent to the game itself just bore you. There's nothing you can do about that. Eventually after enough time everything will be boring at some point.

The "true endgame" for -you- by the way is not pve. Let me just throw this out there.

As for the endgame between D3 and poe, poe's pros/cons are D3's opposite. ie. you need to bend backwards to get trading done in poe.. using a 3rd party site where in D3 the game is self found (yes, that means people whining about the AH can no longer point to D3 as an example). In D3, you don't just run out of maps because devs decided to put in a shitty rng element to it, but at the same time people might tell you that isn't as "exciting", take whaetever meaning from it if you will. The list goes on..
Last edited by jebroni on Feb 13, 2016, 8:54:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info