Why is it that players who dont play standard

"
jebroni wrote:
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
D2 had an end game past that; it's called pvp, while it wasn't that balanced, I could without a doubt say, d2 pvp was so much more balanced than this game. You build characters with all kinds of builds for pvp and it was fun. You make a MF sorc and built it enough to the point that it can farm efficiently and than make a character for dueling, that's what it was.

The true end game is never PVE. If you try on PVE in itself, the game becomes dull. eventually you enter the wow territory. Then you look at d2 and you notice the biggest difference, the game self sustained itsef for over a decade.

I hope you're joking. WoW to this day is still one of THE biggest games. And trust me, you're not gonna just walk in and clear mythic level content anytime soon. You can last the entire expansion without clearing all of the pve given to you.. in fact 98% of the playerbase don't. So don't worry about getting bored in 2 seconds whenever you mention WoW. You get bored in this game when you play it for 10 years and the same elements/themes etc that are inherent to the game itself just bore you. There's nothing you can do about that. Eventually after enough time everything will be boring at some point.

The "true endgame" for -you- by the way is not pve. Let me just throw this out there.

As for the endgame between D3 and poe, poe's pros/cons are D3's opposite. ie. you need to bend backwards to get trading done in poe.. using a 3rd party site where in D3 the game is self found (yes, that means people whining about the AH can no longer point to D3 as an example).

you make some very good points

a lot of folks like to knock WoW but your not going to just walk right in and crush mythic
I dont see any any key!
"
jebroni wrote:
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
D2 had an end game past that; it's called pvp, while it wasn't that balanced, I could without a doubt say, d2 pvp was so much more balanced than this game. You build characters with all kinds of builds for pvp and it was fun. You make a MF sorc and built it enough to the point that it can farm efficiently and than make a character for dueling, that's what it was.

The true end game is never PVE. If you try on PVE in itself, the game becomes dull. eventually you enter the wow territory. Then you look at d2 and you notice the biggest difference, the game self sustained itsef for over a decade.

I hope you're joking. WoW to this day is still one of THE biggest games. And trust me, you're not gonna just walk in and clear mythic level content anytime soon. You can last the entire expansion without clearing all of the pve given to you.. in fact 98% of the playerbase don't. So don't worry about getting bored in 2 seconds whenever you mention WoW. You get bored in this game when you play it for 10 years and the same elements/themes etc that are inherent to the game itself just bore you. There's nothing you can do about that. Eventually after enough time everything will be boring at some point.

The "true endgame" for -you- by the way is not pve. Let me just throw this out there.

As for the endgame between D3 and poe, poe's pros/cons are D3's opposite. ie. you need to bend backwards to get trading done in poe.. using a 3rd party site where in D3 the game is self found (yes, that means people whining about the AH can no longer point to D3 as an example). In D3, you don't just run out of maps because devs decided to put in a shitty rng element to it, but at the same time people might tell you that isn't as "exciting", take whaetever meaning from it if you will. The list goes on..

When I mentioned WoW, I meant specifically the model they have adapted which is the one that D3 has adopted and one that Poe wants to as well. It's the one that involes the devs releasing new content periodically. The content has new areas and new items. The content tends to be harder but with the addition of the new items, the new content can be done. The older items tend to be weaker and hence this creates an incentive. It's a loop that D3 and WoW both adopted and Poe seems to be doing that. While I agree that PVp is the end game for you, the reason I said that is because games like these cannot sustain themselves through PVE alone; that is, unless the devs decide to periodically release new PVE content.

I partially agree on the way they're pushing out new content. For me the more enjoyable part of the game is the journey getting to Merciless rather than Mapping. It just feels more like actual progression as pretty much once you reach Mapping the Game feels like traditional MMOs with grinding just for loot and the story gets ignored more or less and just uses the Enemy Designs for the mobs,Bosses and Tilesets.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
SC is full of botters and dupers
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
SC is full of botters and dupers

why do you necro a year old thread , people like you need a ban from the forums.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:
Have loud opinions about what not to do with it?

Like not have offline trading / 1click buyout.

Only way the economy on standard would improve without any trade system is when there are a LOT more players and the trade scene is active.

People play leagues because of the fresh economy at the same time you dont admit you want a fresh economy because standard economy is broken..

You don't want to fix standard's economy nor do you want to play in it.

I don't understand this mentality.

If you folks want some buyout crap that ruins the game in standard go for it. It cant get any worse. If it goes into leagues that is a different story.

What on earth are you talking about? We basically already have an auction house, it's called POE trade and every new player has to figure out how to use it to play.

All introducing an auction house does is cut out a middleman who shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info