[2.2] The Wild Spellblade | Elementalist | Pure Elemental Wild Striker

"
Hlokk wrote:

Hybrid Aura on Life - Balls to the Walls
Spoiler
This, is a hybrid setup for the build. It requires Shavronne's (stupid expensive), Solaris Lorica (less but still expensive) OR High Chaos Resist (75% on Merc, or as close to that as possible), Chaos Resist is actually very viable and cheaper a lot of the times, specially since ES focused gear tends to sell lower when it rolls CR (most ppl go CI they assume). However keep in mind that if you do opt for CR rout then you have to be careful not to reserve TOO MUCH of your life, since Chaos will still do damage, just a lot less...
This setup will allow you to allocate Discipline, Blasphemy and a Herald to Mana, plus 2 Heralds/Hatred combination on Life (maybe with Reduced Reserved Mana Nodes/Enlighten you can even run all 3 Heralds and Hatred on life).
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8EswV9Bx4NfA5IEHsRLxFQEZYWvxhdGmwbJRzcHaoi6iL0KPoqCyo4KwotVTLRNbk2xTzvRUdGcUbXSVFJsUuuVkhXKVfJV-Jca13yX2pmVGjybAttGW1scFJwu3GFcg91_Xfld_1_xoKbgwmESIRvhXuJ04t6jAuMNo8aj_qQG5MnlG-VLp2uoS-iAKcIpyut8bFCtAy1SLiTuXy-Or6KwGbDOsNtytPQ0NRC18_YJNlb2xrb1N-K4XPhiOL353To1ukC6f7quutj6-7sGOw47LDtIO-I8NXzEffB-Tc=

Wait you picked Vaal Pact (Life regeneration has no effect) and Zealoth's Oath (life regeneration applies to energy shield), don't they negate each other?
Last edited by 7Soul on Mar 6, 2016, 7:04:57 PM
"
7Soul wrote:
"
Hlokk wrote:

Hybrid Aura on Life - Balls to the Walls
Spoiler
This, is a hybrid setup for the build. It requires Shavronne's (stupid expensive), Solaris Lorica (less but still expensive) OR High Chaos Resist (75% on Merc, or as close to that as possible), Chaos Resist is actually very viable and cheaper a lot of the times, specially since ES focused gear tends to sell lower when it rolls CR (most ppl go CI they assume). However keep in mind that if you do opt for CR rout then you have to be careful not to reserve TOO MUCH of your life, since Chaos will still do damage, just a lot less...
This setup will allow you to allocate Discipline, Blasphemy and a Herald to Mana, plus 2 Heralds/Hatred combination on Life (maybe with Reduced Reserved Mana Nodes/Enlighten you can even run all 3 Heralds and Hatred on life).
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8EswV9Bx4NfA5IEHsRLxFQEZYWvxhdGmwbJRzcHaoi6iL0KPoqCyo4KwotVTLRNbk2xTzvRUdGcUbXSVFJsUuuVkhXKVfJV-Jca13yX2pmVGjybAttGW1scFJwu3GFcg91_Xfld_1_xoKbgwmESIRvhXuJ04t6jAuMNo8aj_qQG5MnlG-VLp2uoS-iAKcIpyut8bFCtAy1SLiTuXy-Or6KwGbDOsNtytPQ0NRC18_YJNlb2xrb1N-K4XPhiOL353To1ukC6f7quutj6-7sGOw47LDtIO-I8NXzEffB-Tc=

Wait you picked Vaal Pact (Life regeneration has no effect) and Zealoth's Oath (life regeneration applies to energy shield), don't they negate each other?

You're right, now that you said that I remembered I wanted the ES gives you Light Radius Node, and confused it with ZO.
I've fixed it out.
Thanks for pointing it out =)
Last edited by Hlokk on Mar 6, 2016, 7:19:40 PM
Any video so far for it? WS + emelentalist was one of the first ideas that came up to my mind when they released the elementalist.

would love to see how this plays.
Hey!

I´m using this build currently (with a few modifications) and I noticed that when i took Ghost Reaver, Vaal pact and CI, I don´t leech any energy shield. I´ve checked on the wiki and other places but I can´t seem to understand why I don´t leech. It is also worth mentioning that this is my first CI build ever.

Wondering what the advantage is to going with Phys weapons rather than weapons with added flat elemental which seems to scale much more strongly.

I'm currently following a variation of Foxtactic's build, and with okay-ish gear seeing tooltip over 50k with charges up, on a 4 link. In hideout it's around mid 20s.

Just curious as to whether I'm missing out on going with phys.
Hey, I'm playing this build with some modifications, still low level but I have a question: wouldn't faster attacks be better than elemental focus (gem)? I currently run with WS+Added lighting+Multistrike+Innervate and I got Herald of Thunder and it's much better than with Elemental Focus instead of Innervate. Onslaught is amazing and Herald can proc, just wondering if Innervate\Faster attack wouldn't be better than Elemental focus, can't find any good info about this gem tho.
hi im currently planning on making a WS Elementalist build as my second build in perandus and getting some inspiration from this topic. Im keen on seeing some videos from the OP.

btw maybe a hint for you guys who are rocking ZO: stone golem gives solid es regen and EnduringCry(+inc duration) gives good on-demand ES regen. (i think it also works if you CI, since its flat regen)

"
Blueshade wrote:
Hey!

I´m using this build currently (with a few modifications) and I noticed that when i took Ghost Reaver, Vaal pact and CI, I don´t leech any energy shield. I´ve checked on the wiki and other places but I can´t seem to understand why I don´t leech. It is also worth mentioning that this is my first CI build ever.

Not sure there man... Maybe a few of your items have been changed? Like, life leech on gloves/rings weap?
The point is, if you don't have any leech from anywhere (which there isn't any in the passive tree) then you ain't gonna leech anything, so my guess is you changed some items maybe when you transitioned to CI and you forgot to check if you lost any leech?
I also wouldn't recommend to go for CI until you get lvl 65 or so? Get mostly ES nodes and once those are acquired then go for damage.

"
Rjr3412 wrote:
Wondering what the advantage is to going with Phys weapons rather than weapons with added flat elemental which seems to scale much more strongly.

I'm currently following a variation of Foxtactic's build, and with okay-ish gear seeing tooltip over 50k with charges up, on a 4 link. In hideout it's around mid 20s.

Just curious as to whether I'm missing out on going with phys.

Not sure on this one either, I don't have the currency to test a good Phys Dagger vs a purely Elemental one... I'd think the elemental would work fine as well, MAYBE even better?
Thing is, WS converts part of your Physical damage into the elements... So... Who knows! Test it out if you can mate, and give us an answer =D

"
Shadov1 wrote:
Hey, I'm playing this build with some modifications, still low level but I have a question: wouldn't faster attacks be better than elemental focus (gem)? I currently run with WS+Added lighting+Multistrike+Innervate and I got Herald of Thunder and it's much better than with Elemental Focus instead of Innervate. Onslaught is amazing and Herald can proc, just wondering if Innervate\Faster attack wouldn't be better than Elemental focus, can't find any good info about this gem tho.

Sure, if it works for you then great! In my case swapping purely from Elemental Focus to Faster attacks my DPS went down... But if you're using a combo with Innervate... I can see it working and all, Onslaught is indeed pretty nice, problem that I can think of, is with Elemental Overload, your Crit Multi will be low, which means the damage on the crits are low, which means the duration of Shock stat or any stat will be small, so it's harder to proc your Onslaught, not impossible... Also you have SOME crit chance, but not an incredible amount... So maybe going with the nodes near Templar with +5% chance to Status Effects, without the Elemental Focus gem... That could be interesting, it would help you on the times you don't crit =)

"
Zheflow wrote:
hi im currently planning on making a WS Elementalist build as my second build in perandus and getting some inspiration from this topic. Im keen on seeing some videos from the OP.

btw maybe a hint for you guys who are rocking ZO: stone golem gives solid es regen and EnduringCry(+inc duration) gives good on-demand ES regen. (i think it also works if you CI, since its flat regen)

True that, I never considered it, but it is constant ES regen, without having to wait. Nice tip =)
My build is slightly different as I am focusing on lightning damage to use Hyaon's Fury. Since the large majority is lightning damage I can use light pen for a ton more damage. I think with all the light pen I get from the tree/gem/mastermind of discord equals 70% more damage. Thinking of adding in hypothermia for more damage or maybe added lightning. Once j get a few more levels and better gear I will post a video if possible.
Could you update skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info