[2.2] The Wild Spellblade | Elementalist | Pure Elemental Wild Striker

Hendrix which Maps you do right now?
I have done most of the tier 5 maps including graveyard merveill with no problem. I was able to beat shock and awe with one death last night but that was before I got my 5 link daresso's defiance. Once I get some higher maps I will try. I think I have another tier 7 map I can run later tonight. I have not done many of the lower maps since I rushed to get higher maps so I wouldn't be bored but figure the only two I wouldn't do is the pit map (too many adds to take out fast and those roosters shoot fast and hard) and maybe the museum nap since it has so much chaos damage from the bosses. If you want to map sometime just add me to your friends list and we can run together. radiance_of_defiance is my ign.
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
Wondering what the advantage is to going with Phys weapons rather than weapons with added flat elemental which seems to scale much more strongly.

I'm currently following a variation of Foxtactic's build, and with okay-ish gear seeing tooltip over 50k with charges up, on a 4 link. In hideout it's around mid 20s.

Just curious as to whether I'm missing out on going with phys.

Not sure on this one either, I don't have the currency to test a good Phys Dagger vs a purely Elemental one... I'd think the elemental would work fine as well, MAYBE even better?
Thing is, WS converts part of your Physical damage into the elements... So... Who knows! Test it out if you can mate, and give us an answer =D
[/quote]

So, with current gear on EmptyNinja, full flasks, Ancestral Protector and charges, I'm around 205k dps on Wildstrike last I checked. This is scaling flat elemental, no flat phys scaling. Damage is awesome, and everything pretty much melts. Swap to Double Strike for Atziri, or Izaro (for more keys). Gear definitely still has room for improvement and is being shared with other characters.

Smooth sailing on T9-T12s if not too rippy. Elemental Reflect has to be treated extremely carefully.

Hitting a bit of a wall on T13s and T14s though. Trash is typically pretty easy; but if a boss looks at me funny, I die. Should be fixable if I replace Tabula, and maybe Maligaro's or Rat's Nest.

Fun build by all accounts though.
Anyway this build could be updated? Id love to play it!
"
reevin wrote:
Anyway this build could be updated? Id love to play it!

Sigh...
I'd love to mate...
OP has deserted the thread, not sure why...
I can't make any good assessments on the build 'cause I can't play it...
Made the huge mistake of playing this char with 2 other friends, and stupid honor code of mine is to not play with that char until we're all grouped (so nobody is left behind).

Unfortunately that means, only a few minutes to couple hours play WHEN we can...
Maybe I'll create a new one to solo with? Idk, but once I get to higher levels (61 right now) I'll be making a guide of my own...

Including some Hyaon's Fury option...

But until then, you'll have to read the other posts by me and Hendrix.
I love Wild Strike, its one of my favorite skills in the game, but im having a hard time finding any builds based off it. Just seems like no one is playing it.
"
reevin wrote:
I love Wild Strike, its one of my favorite skills in the game, but im having a hard time finding any builds based off it. Just seems like no one is playing it.

Me too also as well.
I do love this skill a lot, and I must admit I have a thing for building the Witch in unusual ways. I so wish one of her ascendancies would allow her to do this in a easier fashion, but oh well...

But if you're just looking for a Wild Strike build here's a quick one I slapped together, it should work... In fact, it should work better than the Witch itself, it's a take on the Genjuro (or however you write it).

Might be a bit squishy, but I think with Acro and the right gear, you should be fine.
You want for end game an Exquisite Sword, or anything of that base type. High Phys Damage on it too, crit chance and Attack Speed, Acc if you're under 90% to hit on your char sheet.
Hyrri's Ire for chest is a great goal, Lightning Coil being possibly better? Specially if you plan on using Abyssus, otherwise go for Rat's Nest or something of the sort. Dark Vectors boots, works too with Blood Dance, but Dark is better.
Blasphemy Poachers is hella good. Hatred and Herald of Ash if you have Poachers somewhere else or some other form of Frenzy Generation.
Enduring Cry on Inc Duration always cast when going in. Leap Slam with Faster Attacks and Fortify.
CoDT Inc Dur Immortal Call Blood Rage.
CoDT GMP Ice Golem Arctic Breath.
Both on level requirement of 52 or less.
Then for Single Target, Frenzy / Viper Strike / Ele Hit / Double Strike will probably work, Faster Attacks Added Fire Melee Phys / WeD etc etc.
Wild Strike on Faster Attacks Multi Strike Added Fire WeD and Phys to Light / Added Light / Life Leech / Mana Leech.
I wanted to build a Wild Strike Elementalist, saw that thread and took some inspiration to fix and improve my plan.
I'm not a massive fan of CI, so I decided to run a life Wild Strikalist, with hybrid defense layers (revolving around evasion/block, armour and leech)

I'm currently at level 84, the build being full at level 67, and I've been crushing through the content since (I've run with some crappy gear until level 62, due to laziness).

I was considering writing a build pretty much like this one; would anyone be interested?
What maps tier are you running now Ravine? I am finding myself stalling around tier 8. Can't seem to level very fast and 84-85 took a while to get there. Trying to 5 link my belly for more life since I don't really need daresso's for the endurance charges (warlords mark in herald of thunder). Swapped from Hyaon's fury to a fast higher crit chance fencing sword. Still using lvl 19 no qual gems so once I get better gems I should be able to beat higher maps much easier. Hyaon's fury does more damage since it is mostly lightning damage but I find the attack speed too slow for a good flow. Can't decide if frost blades is better or wildstrike. For now I usually switch out frost blades once I get to the boss.
I'm a laidback player so I enjoy running lower tier maps to relax, but I ran some Tier 9 & 11 succesfully.

Maybe I can throw a quick overview of the build before writing a better guide.

The build revolves around 3 specific Ascendancy "Keystones", and one unique, to achieve a high Physical to Elemental conversion, high elemental increases, and elemental penetration.

Ascendancy
Shaper of Destruction, for the sweet Multi-ailment. It applies Shock, Ignite and Chill, which are all used to provide more damage from gear and gems
Pendulum of Destruction Gives a temporary boost to elemental damages. Runs pretty well.
Mastermind of Discord: Wild Strike being tagged fire cold and lightning, it triggers the penetration for all elemental damage types. We then have a permanent 20% cold, fire and lightning penetration.

Gear & Gems
The core item is the Bringer of Rain. We sacrifice a body armour for a 7 link, high physical boost attack. We slot Hypothermia to work with the Chill effect provided by Elemental Conflux. It provides a very good boost to damages, but not visible on tooltip.
Wild Strike - Multistrike - WED - Hypothermia - [Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attack, Blind]

Gang's Momentum: Good boots overall, allow an easy Blue Colours roll. The increased damage against ignited ennemies works always, because Elemental Conflux.
Hearld of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark

A good pair of Gloves: Adds Physical/Attack Speed favoured. Life and Res of course. Go Hybrid (armour/eva) for easier mixed coloured rolls (and because the defense is hybrid)
CWDT - Immortal Call - Tempest Shield // Ice Golem.

A good Shield, High block, Armour/Eva hybrid. Daresso's Courage is a great one to begin with (with that 30% max block roll, ideally). You can transition to better Evasion rolls later, and buy one with a good life/res roll, and 28+ block when you're rich.
Herald of Ash // Blood Rage // Reckoning.

High physical Claw. I ran with Essentia Sanguis for a while, but the lack of mana on hit can sometime be a bit difficult to balance. I'm running with a Writhing Jar ( http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Writhing_Jar ) to trigger on kill effects easily against bosses, and it provides enough mana to compensate for that. Ideally, you want to go for a very fast/high crit, with a 250+ pDPS gemini claw later on. OR, just look at the Twin Claws, which are the tier just under. Some have insane rolls, and since the base Twin is not that far from Gemini in term of base damage, a high iLevel Twin can roll some sweet affixes and be as good as a Gemini, and cheaper. That's what I currently have until i'm rich enough to get an insane Gemini.
Whirling Blade - Faster Attack - Fortify

The Jewels
2 uniques jewels to compensate the flaws of going from Witch to Melee:
Anatomical Knowledge (witch top slot) to get some max life, since we're sacrifying the Chest piece (I'm thinking about switching to Efficient Training though; i don't need the intel, and more Strength will be far more beneficial in term of HP and damage)
Energised Armour (witch/shadow, toward Conduit) to convert the Energy Shield to Armour. That's 50% increased armour here.
Other jewels are 2 rares, with a mix of Increased attack speed, elemental effect, general increased damage.

The Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHBLMGOREvFf0Wbxa_GF0aOBpsHNwfAiL0JKomlScvKwotHzLRNj02xTbpOlg6rTrYPQ9FR0WdRfRJsUyLTLNQQlFgUzVTUlRHVK5VS1WFVcZWSF3yYeJirGSvZlRo8mpDaxdremwLbIxvV2-Edf135Xy7fdKCm4PbhG-Fe4o4jDaPGpBVkPqTJ5UgmuCdqp2unsShL6IApcumvqcIrfG0xbVIvOq-isBUwGbC7Mi_0B_Xz9gk323fiuFz4tXjautj6-7sOO0g7UHvS--I7-vwH_MG-Tf7qv8c?accountName=Ravine&characterName=MeriemCele

The Tree fully blossomed (aaaawwwwww)
Clicky !

My Character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ravine/characters/MeriemCele

The Flask are as important. The Stibnite one is invaluable, as the Blind makes your evade insane, and works very well with a mixed Evade/Block setup.
My Life Flasks are probably a bit weird, but I consider that if i'm dead, it's because I don't kill fast enough.
Last edited by Ravine on Apr 20, 2016, 7:26:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info