[2.2] The Wild Spellblade | Elementalist | Pure Elemental Wild Striker

The Elementalist class for reference...

The Elementalist unlocks a new arch type, one that favors all three elements. The ascendancy tree provides us with 3 major nodes...

Paragon of Calamity provides additional elemental damage + elemental damage reduction as we take elemental damage.
Pendulum of Destruction Every 10 seconds we deal an additional 100% of our elemental damage for 4 seconds.
Mastermind of Discord a unique way to have elemental penetration for all 3 elements simultaneously.

Wild Strike does the leg work of casting each type of elemental skill for us to proc mastermind of discord. This means our wild strikes are penetrating 20% of enemy resistances, which is unique to any penetration gem available.

Build Idea
Spoiler

100% of our physical damage is converted to elemental. This makes us a full melee elemental build which maximizes the Elementalist's tree.

Pure CI with over 300% increased es from the tree.

Auxium belt so freeze should be a non-issue.

Eye of chayula may be mandatory, as it's the easiest way to achieve stun immunity.

The build is a 'crit' build but functions unconventionally. It utilizes the new Elemental Focus gem (provides more elemental damage but our damage cannot cause status aliments) and the new Elemental Overload keystone node (provides more elemental damage but removes our crit multiplier).

Since we cannot cause status aliments and no longer receive bonus damage from our crit multiplier, we essentially gain a damage increase across the boards if we crit once every 8 seconds. This means we can put less emphasis on crit chance; we just need enough to crit 1 time every 8 seconds.

Trees

Items Considered
Spoiler

Note that rainbows and splendour are not mandatory. Good rare versions would be BiS. I will be testing with windscreams for dual curse.

Gems
Spoiler

110% phys -> elemental conversion:
Wild Strike + Multistrike + Phys to lightning + Weapon elemental damage + Elemental Focus + Added Fire

Auras:
Spoiler

There are many possibilities for auras. I'm still wrestling with them to find the best setup.

Whirling blades + faster attacks + fortify

CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc Duration + Chaos golem

Link to the recently spoiled Elemental Focus gem
Spoiler

Hate the elementalist but love the Inquisitor? Here's a Templar variant
Spoiler

This version is a Templar inquisitor variant that takes Righteous Providence, Inevitable Justice and Instruments of Virtue. We DO NOT take the new keystone Elemental Overload and we also do not take Elemental Focus.

Gems would be

Wild strike + Phys to Lightning + Weapon Ele Dmg + Multistrike + Added Fire + Life Leech

Flame dash instead of whirling blades to proc Instruments of Justice.

Same item choice as witch, except weapon. Need to focus heavily on crit so binos could be a good choice.

Tree

Videos
Spoiler
Available as soon as ascendency releases

I have a level 75 witch i will convert over to this build.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 5, 2016, 6:15:12 AM
Last bumped on May 26, 2016, 10:16:28 PM
Reserved
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 23, 2016, 9:10:46 AM
*Update

removed elemental eq
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 23, 2016, 9:20:10 AM
I keep asking myself why people dont play Elemental Equilibrium with wild strike... i seems so obvious.
I know that this way, you must change your physical to lightning gem and a bit of lightning dmg in the tree.
I don't know if it's worth it, but i think
"
Teslatest wrote:
I keep asking myself why people dont play Elemental Equilibrium with wild strike... i seems so obvious.
I know that this way, you must change your physical to lightning gem and a bit of lightning dmg in the tree.
I don't know if it's worth it, but i think

Since we convert 50% of our physical damage to lightning, EE constantly gives them + lightning resistance. This is not good for us as we have a 33% chance to have a fully lightning damage hit.
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 29, 2016, 11:12:09 AM
There is not many life leech imo... (except maybe for the 2nd setup)
Maybe it's worth taking LL gem for more survability
"
Teslatest wrote:
There is not many life leech imo... (except maybe for the 2nd setup)
Maybe it's worth taking LL gem for more survability

Very true, There are a bunch of versions of the tree that i've been playing with. Life leech may greatly increase sustainability.
*Update

Tree focuses on physical crit and accuracy for conversion.
Hi there, I was myself theory crafting on this, and I was wondering if Pain Attunement + Crown of Eyes could be worth it and sacrifice CI for Lorica/Shav ?
Going low life and stacking more Auras ?
"
4zrae1 wrote:
Hi there, I was myself theory crafting on this, and I was wondering if Pain Attunement + Crown of Eyes could be worth it and sacrifice CI for Lorica/Shav ?
Going low life and stacking more Auras ?

It might not be so great due to the fact that Pain attunement no longer interacts with crown of eyes.
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 16, 2016, 3:50:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info